Speculation: Steven Fletcher (Wolves)

KjParton

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fletcher has scored an average of 10 goals in 3 seasons in the Premier League so I'd say that is proven.

If that's true (and i haven't checked) since when did 10 goals a season equal proven ?

that's pretty woeful

It was actually 12 in every one of his 3 seasons in relegation teams.

Considering very few strikers hit the mythical 20 a season, and this guy has been 8 short in 3 seasons playing in the bottom 3 - I'd say that proves he can cut it.

Not sure if anybody else has posted this yet but Capital FM have reported that we've put a 13 mil bid in for him.

yeah i mentioned it earlier after posting the original bit about some folk on Sunderland forum saying we have bid for him and someone started it was on capital fm

Wolves are mad if they think someone should spend £13+ on a championship player.

So you think they should make a loss of nearly £7m?! Very harsh.

Championship players are people too, you know?

We're not saying we want him for free. He's goals kept him up one season so I'd say he has more than paid back the 7M they paid for him.

Er, no it wasn't

Burnley (2009/2010) played 38 scored 8

Dogheads (2010/2011) played 29 scored 10

Dogheads (2011/2012) played 32 scored 12

Er, no it wasn't

So are you saying you dont want our strikers to score in the cups? it was 12 in all comps.

But 8 - 10 - 12 constant improvement. Basically he scores goals.

Improvement on Gabby

Not sure that's true and i'm not one of Gabby's admirers

You're arguing Fletcher is not good enough based on his goals to games ratio (1 in every 3). Therefore he must be an improvement on Gabby (1 in every 4 goals to games).

Er, no it wasn't

So are you saying you dont want our strikers to score in the cups?

No, i'm saying we're talking about the premier league obviously

That's what is in question, whether he's a proven premiership scorer worth 10m +. Which he quite clearly isn't

Who would you rate as a 10m prem striker?

anyone that has performed at the top level and scored 15+ a season

whether here or abroad (good leagues) on a regular basis

not some string bean from the dogheads

The main problem is I cannot believe for the life of me that Fletcher is worth £13m. Then I try and rack my brains to think of a good alternative that would be realistic. I cannot.

It is slim pickings out there for teams to buy strikers.

Although he still is not worth anywhere near £13m!

In fairness to Fletcher ( I'm not a big fan of his, see him as a £6mil - £8mil purchase ), the only players to have scored more goals in the Premiership in the last 3 years are as follows.

Adebayor - 32

Defoe - 33

Torres - 34

Dempsey - 36

Berbatov - 39

Lampard - 43

Drogba - 45

Tevez - 47

Bent - 50

Van Persie - 57

Rooney - 64

Always been a fan of Fletchers, regardless how useless the teams have been he's played for, he's scored goals. and always looked a threat. Would welcome him to the club.

Him and Bent with Weimann, Gabby complimenting would be a strike force to get us Top 10. IMO.

Part of me thinks £13m is way, wayyyyy too much for a player that hasn't really shone in the Premier League (irrespective of what team he played for), but then the other side makes me think about players like Chris Smalling and Phil Jones who played for averages sides, and have been snapped up for large fees.

I suppose the main difference is that the latter two have age on their side, and can become much better players in time.

Wolves are mad if they think someone should spend £13+ on a championship player.

So you think they should make a loss of nearly £7m?! Very harsh.

Championship players are people too, you know?

We're not saying we want him for free. He's goals kept him up one season so I'd say he has more than paid back the 7M they paid for him.

Whoooooooosssshhhhh?

:winkold:

Part of me thinks £13m is way, wayyyyy too much for a player that hasn't really shone in the Premier League (irrespective of what team he played for), but then the other side makes me think about players like Chris Smalling and Phil Jones who played for averages sides, and have been snapped up for large fees.

I suppose the main difference is that the latter two have age on their side, and can become much better players in time.

fletcher isnt exactly old

Â