Speculation: Steven Fletcher (Wolves)

KjParton

We won't be spending £13million full stop, let alone on one player.

This just isn't happening.

I rate Fletcher - but he's not worth £13million.

Kind of agree - unless we have influx of funds. I don't believe we can finance this deal outright - it could be that an offer has come in for Gabby/Ireland/Nzog ................Bent (gulp) ...thats the only way I could see this happening.

given the flimsy source ..its probably nothing

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pilchard, fancy a wager on you stating we won't spend £13 million full stop?

I say we'll spend over £13 million this window.

Loser gives £10 to VT?

Does it include what we have already spent?

Pilchard, fancy a wager on you stating we won't spend £13 million full stop?

I say we'll spend over £13 million this window.

Loser gives £10 to VT?

Does it include what we have already spent?

Yes, so i'm saying we'll spend over £5million more.

If he were to score us 15 and get us 10 assists I'd be happy tbh.

I think all of us would! Has he scored/assisted that many before in the Prem?

no he hasn't xD his best is 12 goals and a few assists

EDIT - but lets be honest, he hasn't played under a manager who can get the best out of him and he's been playing with a bunch of shite dingo's

I do believe the opinions would be different if he was the exact same player, with the same recent goal scoring but played abroad.

I think we'll be taking a risk if every signing is a cheap unproven foreign player. Goals are incredibly important and this guy has shown he can score them.

When we first finished 6th under Mon gabby scored 11 and carew scored 13

The following season gabby scored 11 and carew scored 11.

In mon's final season gabby scored 13 and carew scored 10.

I think fletcher and bent would get us the goals required to get back towards the top again. At 25 he's coming into his prime and offers us not only goals but other attributes that we lack upfront.

I think it would be a no risk top signing for us.

I do believe the opinions would be different if he was the exact same player, with the same recent goal scoring but played abroad.

Totally agree.

I think he is a very underated player, he can use both feet, score headers, works hard constantly, and has always scored goals no matter which club he has been at.

Scoring 12 goals last season in a **** shite wolves side tells you what his all about.

I still feel bothered by the price tag, but I also feel it could be a very intelligent bit of business.

And let's face it...he'd walk into our side as it is.

Totally agree.

I think he is a very underated player, he can use both feet, score headers, works hard constantly, and has always scored goals no matter which club he has been at.

Scoring 12 goals last season in a **** shite wolves side tells you what his all about.

I still feel bothered by the price tag, but I also feel it could be a very intelligent bit of business.

And let's face it...he'd walk into our side as it is.

i think he would do well at villa however im more concerned by our ropey defence and powder puff midfield. I would like to see us bolster those areas first as that will be our undoing next season if no more players are bought in

No it wouldn't. Stop saying this. Read the transfer speculation thread from time to time and you'll know what I mean.

Â