Speculation: Steven Fletcher (Wolves)

KjParton

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if it was Fletcher for £13m or Carroll for £20m?

Surely the correct answer would be to laugh down the phone and put it down ?

Neither are worth anything like those figures

Fletcher's not proven at this level at all (neither is Carroll mind) he's had a half decent season at Wolves playing with 2 wingers laying chances on a plate for him. Yet his career stats show him as a less then 1 in 3 striker. That's a 5m tops return

Harewood managed to score 16 or so in a season for West Ham, did that make him proven and good ?

**** off Fletcher. You're not wanted here

Fletcher for 10M- 13M

or

carroll for 17M-20M

?????????????

If it's Fletcher for £13m or Carroll for £17m then I'll take Carroll please.

If it's Fletcher for £10m or Carroll for £20m then I'll have Fletcher.

I'd go along with this

Pretty much agreed. Maybe add in the wage aspect and it tilts it a bit more towards Fletcher. Would imagine he'd get 50k max with us, while Carroll would want to be a top earner, making either the same or more than Bent.

Fletcher's not proven at this level at all (neither is Carroll mind) he's had a half decent season at Wolves playing with 2 wingers laying chances on a plate for him. Yet his career stats show him as a less then 1 in 3 striker. That's a 5m tops return

Harewood managed to score 16 or so in a season for West Ham, did that make him proven and good ?

Sorry but that's rubbish fella. Fletcher is proven - the lad scores goals, and has done for longer than half a season.

Not disagreeig with the price though - wouldn't be massively comfortable paying it, but if we have then do it.

That fee is madness, look at it this way Wenger has bought Giroud a player who scored 21 goal & 9 assists last year in Ligue 1 for £9.6mil, Podolski a player who scored 18 goals in 29 games in a poor Koln side for £11mil.

Good player and would work well alongside Bent but clubs need to realise that the days of spending huge amounts are gone. Wolves are mad if they think someone should spend £13+ on a championship player.

Time to look abroad again as, despite needing some experienced players, it's not worth breaking the bank for.

Sorry but that's rubbish fella. Fletcher is proven - the lad scores goals, and has done for longer than half a season.

Not disagreeig with the price though - wouldn't be massively comfortable paying it, but if we have then do it.

Sadly it's not rubbish. How is he proven at this level ?, anymore than Harewood for example ?

His career stats are there for all to see. They are not the stats of a top striker. And for over 10m you'd be expecting one

Fletcher has scored an average of 10 goals in 3 seasons in the Premier League so I'd say that is proven. Harewood is a crap example because he only managed it one year and you could tell he lacked quality. The real test is to do it year in year out. I agree 13M is too much for Fletcher but unfortunately you have to pay over the odds for British players. I would sooner we sign Fletcher than no new striker at all. Anybody that knows anything about football can see the boy is a great finisher and excellent in the air. Something we are screaming out for.

Fletcher has scored an average of 10 goals in 3 seasons in the Premier League so I'd say that is proven.

If that's true (and i haven't checked) since when did 10 goals a season equal proven ?

that's pretty woeful

Sadly it's not rubbish. How is he proven at this level ?, anymore than Harewood for example ?

His career stats are there for all to see. They are not the stats of a top striker. And for over 10m you'd be expecting one

What Amo69 said.

So yeah rubbish.

His actual premier league stats courtesy of Wiki

Burnley (2009/2010) played 38 scored 8

Dogheads (2010/2011) played 29 scored 10

Dogheads (2011/2012) played 32 scored 12

totals = played 99 scored 30

I'd want a damn sight more than that for 10m +

Wolves are mad if they think someone should spend £13+ on a championship player.

So you think they should make a loss of nearly £7m?! Very harsh.

Championship players are people too, you know?

Â