Speculation: Steven Fletcher (Wolves)

KjParton

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MON prepared to go to 12Million for Fletcher, he never learns!

Fair play to Wolves if they get that. They could buy a brand new team for that in The Championship. Ridiculous, 30 Premiership goals in 96 games is not the worst return, but its not so long ago when you could have got a player who would score that in a season for £12mil. Look at it this way Marlon Harewood managed 27 goals in 109 Premiership games and how many of those would have been starts? Madness by O'Neill.

Ellis Short. Although sooner or later it will stop ala Lerner and they will have to duck O'Neill's dummy coming flying out of his pram.

he gave Bruce a lot so that day might be coming a lot sooner than he had at Villa

I actually think Fletcher is a very good player and would net us at least 15 goals a season. Had this been 2/3 years ago then it would have been an ideal signing. As is happens we cant be spending 10M+ on one player with the amount of players we need.

He is definitely better than the teams he has been playing for. My only worry is that because of that fact he does seem slightly over-priced; as if those clubs realise they'll never replace him if he goes. The other worry is that it's not a given that he would make the step up. Call it the Sidwell or SWP effect. Better than where they were but ultimately flopped when they stepped up a level. But I trust Lambert and I trust he knows his value and where he'd put him, so I don't mind. The fan in me would probably prefer someone a little more glamourous but I fully acknowledge that's the Fletcherinho effect in full swing :)

Â