Speculation: Steven Fletcher (Wolves)

KjParton

He's just coming in to his prime, it may be worth taking a slight gamble, we could get our money back if he didn't work out.

Although that depends on how badly it didn't work out.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's just coming in to his prime, it may be worth taking a slight gamble, we could get our money back if he didn't work out.

If it didn't work out, his value would go down, would it not?

Yes, sorry I didn't explain my point properly there.

I meant, because of his age, it may not go down too much if it didn't work out but then the worse he performed the more his price would go down.

So hopefully, he doesn't do too badly...if he does badly at all :D

I can't see that too be honest, It will either work out and he'll do well or we will make quite a big loss on him with the figures quoted if he's not a success and we get rid.

As a player I don't mind him he works hard, scores goals and offers something a bit different to what we've got and definitely wouldn't be against it. Whether I'd pay £10m+ I'm not sure, but it doesn't matter what I think anyway.

If he does a Heskey you could probably take a zero off his price tag

I can't see that too be honest, It will either work out and he'll do well or we will make quite a big loss on him with the figures quoted if he's not a success and we get rid.

As a player I don't mind him he works hard, scores goals and offers something a bit different to what we've got and definitely wouldn't be against it. Whether I'd pay £10m+ I'm not sure, but it doesn't matter what I think anyway.

If it doesn't work out after one season and Lambert then moves him on, at 26 his price can't take too much of a hit, plus, depending on the contract length, the fee will still be substantial.

If it didn't work out, his value would go down, would it not?

Yes, sorry I didn't explain my point properly there.

I meant, because of his age, it may not go down too much if it didn't work out but then the worse he performed the more his price would go down.

So hopefully, he doesn't do too badly...if he does badly at all :D

If he ends up here at all ;)

If it doesn't work out after one season and Lambert then moves him on, at 26 his price can't take too much of a hit, plus, depending on the contract length, the fee will still be substantial.

At a wild guess I'd say his price after an average season for us would half if we wanted to get rid of him so £5-7m thats not great depreciation. Should we get him hopefullly he'll be a success and all this guess work will be irrelevent as he will score double figures and have plenty of assists.

AVFCforever1991

If he ends up here at all

True :)

AlwaysAVFC

At a wild guess I'd say his price after an average season for us would half if we wanted to get rid of him so £5-7m thats not great depreciation. Should we get him hopefullly he'll be a success and all this guess work will be irrelevent as he will score double figures and have plenty of assists.

I'm not sure it'd half but yes, like you say, If we get him he'll be a success and all this guess work won't matter as he will score double figures and have plenty of assists :D

Heskey was deceptive

He was a lot shiter than he looked. (to bastardise a Shankley quote for the modern day)

Heskey's final home game for us v Spurs epitomised his whole career in a snapshot -

Very good strong hold up play

Useless on a 121 with Friedel

Went off on a stretcher injured before HT

I think "Heskey" the musical would be brilliant

10m plus for Fletcher would be stupid. Just be makin the same mistakes over and over again. Overpriced players who are really not that great when we have enough cover there.

Most probably, We will win nothing with or without Steven Fletcher. A complete waste of money imo. If were goin to spend that kind of money, lets take a massive risk on someone who may be shite in the prem but cud at the same time be awesome. Rather than spend it on someone we know for a fact isnt going to be a top prem striker.

The more and more I think about it, the more laughable it becomes

He's a one season player. Even Harewood managed a good season in the premiership

He's best suited to staying at the dogheads

Maybe, with injuries and lack of cover etc, do we need to now bring in not one but two strikers?

Two attacking players anyway?

The only problem I have with all the speculation around bringing in Fletcher is the price.

We could bring in two very good attackers for the same price.

It seems to be he's going to cost 12m (A million for every goal he scored last season) With Sunderland favourite to sign him.

Â