Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Vlaar hasn't been an improvement on Collins? Oh good god.

It's not at all clear that is an improvement to be honest. As much as I hate Collins he's a solid premier league centre half, and Vlaar is at best that.

Vlaar is a top bloke but I'm not really convinced of his quality. We are much better off with him in the side than without, but that's because the alternatives are so poor.

Can't agree, Vlaar is a must better technical footballer than Collins and whilst that isn't a massively important trait for a defender it helps with our style of play.

If you compare the stats on Squawka you will see that Vlaar has had a better season than Collins. To be honest I'd rather use my eyes to gauge a player and in Vlaar we have someone who for his first season in the Premier League, playing alongside 3 highly inexperienced players, has done really well and will only get better as he adapts to the league.

FYI: Vlaar left, Collins Right. Make of it what you will.

Untitled_1.jpg

Collins was and is very average and I thank god that Paul Lambert got rid of him really quick.

Vlaar is much better than Collins IMO but surely no-one thinks he has had a great season, he has been truly awful at time but I honestly believe he will improve and if not PL will act.

I really hope he becomes our next Melberg or Laursen but for me the jury is out.

I'm not totally convinced by him at the moment but there are a million reasons why he might come good next season. I think there are other areas to spend money other than replacing Vlaar in the summer. I think we should see how he's doing in December, when any mitigating reasons there are for his underwhelming first season should be resolved. Then we will have a better idea of his ability.

he has been more solid next to Baker who desnt require as much hand holding as Clark did. We have been more solid with him in team and that is not questionable.

as for Collins the man is a shambles and glad he is gone. 

Surprised Collins' pass accuracy is that high.

HOOOOOOF

I know yeah! If you look at chances created as well 6 out of the 7 are classed as 'key passes'. I guess some of those 'long balls' have got to find their man sooner or later.

Surprised Collins' pass accuracy is that high.

HOOOOOOF

I know yeah! If you look at chances created as well 6 out of the 7 are classed as 'key passes'. I guess some of those 'long balls' have got to find their man sooner or later.

They're probably all aimed towards Andy Carroll anyway and he's fairly good in the air.....

also helps that complete passes are ridiculously defined. If Collins lashes the ball 30 yards and hits Carroll on head and goes for throw in or goal kick it counts as completed

Its why sometimes pass stats are looking better than they

• 2 weeks later...
Â