Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Sorry. Just for you then I'll tell you that last time Vlaar played against Southampton we kept a clean sheet and his guaranteed man of the match performance tomorrow will be the turning point that eventually sees us qualify for Europe by the end of the season

I'm just saying BJ, we are at the lowest point as a club at the moment and you bring up a bad performance from Vlaar from almost the beginning of the season, when him coming back into the squad is the only bit of good news we've had this month.

Sorry not trying to be overly negative, it's just comes natural at the moment.

But for me it's going to take more than Vlaar returning to make me confident of staying up.

Now, see wasn't that better? :P

I did have a smile on my face while writing so maybe I should try this new approach.

I just didn't understand it. If he wasn't fit to start, what was the point in putting him on the bench. He was never going to come on as a late sub.

I think Vlaar would've come on if we were leading or hanging on for a point. As it was, with the way the game went we didn't need another defender on the pitch.

Pleased he's back and definately reckon he'll start against the Baggies next weekend.

Has Vlaar ever played in midfield? He's got good size, good in the air, can play the simple ball and dribble a bit. If we can get Dunne back and/or get in a new CB, Vlaar would offer good protection as a defensive mid. It would allow Westwood/Bannan/Delph to play further forward and actually link to that attack.

Then again, maybe I'm just grasping at straws.

Desperately need him back. If nothing else, he can order the kids around so they're not wandering all over the place.

A part of the problem with the back has been a complete lack of organization and communication. No one seems to know who's picking up who, players are unmarked running down channels, not to mention people catching our line real high.

Hopefully Vlaar can help with those things.

Has Vlaar ever played in midfield? He's got good size, good in the air, can play the simple ball and dribble a bit. If we can get Dunne back and/or get in a new CB, Vlaar would offer good protection as a defensive mid. It would allow Westwood/Bannan/Delph to play further forward and actually link to that attack.

Then again, maybe I'm just grasping at straws.

No no no.. Square pegs round holes sick of it..he is a cb and we need him there.. End of

Overrated? Is there anyone who feels he's anything more than a decent mid table premier league defender? I don't. It's just that at the minute we don't have one of those, only one or perhaps two with the potential to be

I'm not his biggest fan, but I'd say the same of Dunne if pushed.

Get them in ASAP.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

What was the point in putting him on the bench?

A last resort?

Maybe he wasn't fit enough to start, or really to play at all. But they'd have risked him if, say, Clark got sent off then Baker got injured.

Â