Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Clearly not re signing if he's allowed his contract to expire. Bye.

I think Guzan's contract had expired before he signed his present one with us. If so, Ron might not yet have quite burnt all of his bridges with us.  

I liked Vlaar, he was the sort of defender I always appreciated but since having a decent World Cup he hasn't been anywhere near good enough. I know he's been linked to the likes of Man Utd but I don't see that, Sunderland would actually make sense. 

Delighted we got Richards in though, I was keen on us going in for him a few seasons back. 

would be really laughable to see him in a Sunderland shirt next year.

Especially if we gave them our annual 5/6 nill hammering.

Read somewhere that Balotelli had a better tackle rate than Roncrete last season

I imagine that would be a similar stat to Ron having a better shot to goal ratio than Balotelli.

i.e. a defender probably has one shot a season and if it goes in it's 100% shot to goal ratio. Whereas a striker has dozens and dozens of shot so their conversion rate goes down.

Balotelli probably made one tackle all season and did it successfully so he has a really high tackle rate.

Think he may end up in Italy, it seems to be the place defenders go before they retire.

I would have words with my travel agent if I was him since he thinks he is in India ;)

I suspect he thought if no one came in for him he could re-sign of us.....and then we signed Richards.

He was offered a new contract before this one expired so it looks like he may not have made too clever a call. Clearly he will get a club but I doubt it will be at the 'next level' and if it is I doubt he will be a guaranteed starter. I just can't understand why he did not have another club lined up.

Â