Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

He's on 20k, don't see why he should take a pay cut.

Is it that low? I thought it was higher. If its that amount then he's worth keeping on the same wages. He certainly doesn't deserve a pay rise though.

If he wants the same wages it would be a piss take, let alone an increase. He's not in a position to demand a pay rise because no other club is going to pay him £60,000 a week.

We live in a world where Marc Albrighton gets paid £35,000 a week.

He's been playing injured just like Okore, its no wonder at times the defence have looked vunerable. I hope we keep him because a fully fit Vlaar is one of the best cbs in the country. 

• Like 1

Master stroke from Wenger today by picking Walcott ahead of Giroud.

Walcott's pace and movement were too much for Vlaar and Okore.

I'd still keep Ron if his wage demands are sensible. It would still be hard to replace him, despite a poor season overall.

Always struggles against quick players who can twist and turn quickly close to him. Infact let's be honest our whole back 4 is a liability against teams who break quickly. Take the Everton game recently, they offered nothing for 60 minutes in which you think our defence is doing fine and then Lukaku has a strong run which means we start lunging in and Vlaar concedes a penalty. Southampton then ripped us to shreds with quick passing football and today. 

Okore could be the sort to cope against that football but on the evidence of his recent displays he needs a long summer break as he dosen't look right again.

Not fussed on whether Vlaar stays or goes.

He has the turning circle of an oil tanker and is surprisingly weak in the air for a CB.

I think the injuries has taken too much out of him and I really hope the club let him go with best regards when his contract is up in the summer

In reality all our centre back partnerships are rubbish against pace and movement in final third.

Probably our most consistant and best combo this season was Clark and Okore over xmas...but look at some of the teams we were playing back then...Palace, Sunderland, West Brom, Leicester plenty of teams, plenty of lower scoring teams there.

They were the CB combo when we played at the Emirates for example.

Really don't know what we do in that area. We do need more pace there for a start with players who can actually turn and run at the same time.

• Like 1

With the summer off to get fit I think he could be worth keeping. I'm not sure he'd accept a two-year deal on slightly better wages as he can probably get a much better deal elsewhere. Still, I like Ron and think he has been a positive influence on the club so wish him well if he leaves.

Â