Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Vlaar gets injured a few times (but doesn't miss too many games) during his first two seasons = "injury prone"

Vlaar gets injured loads this season = "he's just faking it"

:lol:

Edited by Mantis

I don't personally think he's faking injuries i just think his head is elsewhere as he has lost his focus as we saw with the Stoke situation. I would rather have Senderos back as it was when he was in the team we were winning games and conceding very little. If we had that early season defence back i would be quite confident of us surviving actually such a shame we lost Vlaar, Baker and Senderos for 75% of the season. That back four was solid

Hutton....Vlaar...Senderos...Cissokho

Vlaar gets injured a few times (but doesn't miss too many games) during his first two seasons = "injury prone"

Vlaar's average at best, get over it.

Vlaar's average at best, get over it.

How is that relevant to Mantis' post?

• Like 3

If someone does come in for him in the summer think he'll be lucky for it to be a 'BIG' club as I think he's getting a little injury prone as he get to the other side of 30. If you clock up how many months he's been injured in the time he's been here I think you'll find it to be nearly half the time injured, and the annoying thing is always seems to stupid little niggly things

Still rate him but think he comes back a bit to rusty, we need another Laursen or Mellberg and I think we may have one in Okore

UTV

People do realise that we hire professional medical staff, right? I'm pretty sure it would be difficult to "fake" an injury or anything of the sort. Of course the manager and other coaching staff will ask a player how he feels in himself, but he won't be the one to declare himself fit or ready to play, our medical staff will be.

These will be the same medical experts that sent Kozak out to train with a leg that was still broken? 

People do realise that we hire professional medical staff, right? I'm pretty sure it would be difficult to "fake" an injury or anything of the sort. Of course the manager and other coaching staff will ask a player how he feels in himself, but he won't be the one to declare himself fit or ready to play, our medical staff will be.

These will be the same medical experts that sent Kozak out to train with a leg that was still broken? 

Nah, he hasn't got a broken leg. He just can't be arsed to play.

• Like 3

I don't believe that he is injured. Amazing how he never got injured during the World Cup. I just think he knows he is off in the summer and can't be arsed to play in this sinking team.

I don't agree.

A far more civilised response.

He wasn't even on the bench against WBA, and Sherwood said that the back 4 were the only fit defenders in the club, so I assume he's gotten injured.

I still think Vlaar is one of the best player on our team, was a one-man wall last season, but between injuries, inconsistent form this season and his contract situation I'd rather he was close to the bottom of the pecking order. 

This thread recently proves how fickle fans can be.

Only recently?

I like Vlaar - but the truth is that we simply haven't missed him when he's out of the squad this season.

• Like 1

injuries and the penalty debacle aside, he has been good when played this season.

Okore is young and inexperienced and you expect him to make errors, despite that he has been mostly excellent for us, it's just that we can no longer afford any more errors that cost us games,

Vlaar is less likely to make those errors, but that doesn't mean he won't.

Edited by VillanousOne

Â