Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

SSN just interviewed Koeman and when asked about Vlaar he said he was confident the players he wanted would join. I think this is going to become drawn out and leave a sour taste.

I don't think they will come in for Vlaar. From what i could tell, he didn't say he wants Vlaar. He was asked the question if they were interested in Vlaar, and all he said is "yeah he's an option".

Sounds to me like it's a story made up by a journo putting a dutch manager and dutch player who's had a great world cup together.

With the way Southampton are being picked apart it would be relatively risky for Vlaar to join Southampton now. 

If they offered £50m it wouldn't be enough, as relegation would cost us more.  

Regardless of that, I'm a Villa fan - I want to see Villa competing and playing well.  Selling the best players from a weak squad is the antithesis of this.  Money in Randy Lerner's pocket does not interest me one bit, as it won't be reinvested in its entirety.

loose Vlaar and we are odds on for relegation ..........but is that a concern for those at the higher Echelons of the club ? - to be fair we kept Benteke against the odds last summer - lets hope we can do the same with Vlaar go to say I am not confident though...

Im pretty sure he has Vlaar down as a priority. And they have recouped a lot from all the sales. Lambert has said he isnt for Sale. Lets see how much they want to offer to test our resolve.

If we reject any type of bid the only thing we have to worry about is Ron and Ronald having some sort of bromance going on from their Feyenoord days and Ron being adamant he wants to go. If thats the case, then I doubt we'll keep him against his will. I wouldnt accept anything under £15m. We can play hardball, we know theyve made in excess of £80m.

Funny how Soton were saying before the WC they didnt need to sell anyone yet there has been a mass exodus.

I dont want to lose him under any circumstance because we never replace players properly and out defence is horrible, Vlaar is the one shining light in there. Cant afford to sell and if we do when Lambert has already said he wont go, Lambert could feel like walking himself if Lerner goes over his head on this one.

Sideways unneccessary step Ron. Stay with us you crazy Dutch b@stard

10-12m and SELL SELL SELL

Replace with another CB costing around 7-8m and job done

Vlaar isn't worth 10-12m. I don't believe anyone here thinks he really is, so an offer like that would be pure madness to turn down given his age, injury record and above all else his performances over the last two seasons

BUT. We'd need to replace with better that's without a doubt. So none of the 'i'd rather have him than get relegated' nonsense. It's not one or the other. You sell him, you replace him. No biggie

The people on here discussing Lamela seriously need a reality check. Jesus. He should be nowhere near this discussion.

Because he's like a fish out of water in the premier league.

Because you'd sell a player your club spent £30m on to a low mid-table/relegation team after one half-fit season under poor management? Get a grip. Indicative of the ridiculous expectations some people still have for this club.

Edited by gilbertoAVFC

I sort of liked the deal where they gave us a solid midfielder a decent center half, and the cash to pay their wages. Then use Ron's salary to sign a new contract for Delph.

Then I'd play a 3-5-2

I think if Ron is offered a new contract but is not happy to sign it because of the contract itself or other clubs sounding him out we will let him go rather than lose him for nothing in 12 months. Given he has only a year left the fee will reflect that and I would guess the club would find any bid of £5m+ one they would be reluctant to turn down. We cannot afford to lose him but there are a lot of things at Villa Park these days that we cannot afford.

• Like 1

Vlaar isn't worth 10-12m. I don't believe anyone here thinks he really is, so an offer like that would be pure madness to turn down given his age, injury record and above all else his performances over the last two seasons

BUT. We'd need to replace with better that's without a doubt. So none of the 'i'd rather have him than get relegated' nonsense. It's not one or the other. You sell him, you replace him. No biggie

His performances over the last 2 years have been one of the few reasons we're still able to call ourselves a Premier League team. 

His performances over the last 2 years have been one of the few reasons we're still able to call ourselves a Premier League team. 

I very much disagree. He's been at best good, with a smattering of very good and very poor performances in between

Nice bloke, decent on his day. But no more than that to my eyes

The people on here discussing Lamela seriously need a reality check. Jesus. He should be nowhere near this discussion.

Because he's like a fish out of water in the premier league.

Because you'd sell a player your club spent £30m on to a low mid-table/relegation team after one half-fit season under poor management? Get a grip. Indicative of the ridiculous expectations some people still have for this club.

Sorry, was that aimed at me? Because I never said any of that. Only one of us needs get a grip here buddy.

It's amazing what 3 good games in the world cup does for your standing as a player. As Wenger says, never buy a player on the back of a world cup. But then he also has talked about sausages and caviar so he isn't the sage (and onion) that most London journos think he is. I think the weather is melting my brain.

I reckon Southampton will be daft enough to spend 15M on Ron. That's his price. Take it or leave it.

If he didn't have a year left on his contract, they possibly would. As it stands, we aren't in a position to make a firm stance unless we are prepared to lose him for nothing next summer and I don't believe we do when Randolph Lerner is involved.

I very much disagree. He's been at best good, with a smattering of very good and very poor performances in between

Nice bloke, decent on his day. But no more than that to my eyes

whilst you're clearly underrating Vlaar, I do agree that we should sell if we get an offer of 10m or more.

Vlaar is easily our best CB, but I think 10 million is more than he's worth with 1 year on his contract.

This is what I think.

Southampton have lost half their defence and also face losing their star centre back, all for a combined fee of around £66m. Obviously, they are going to be desperate to find replacements and will probably pay over the odds to do so. Koeman will look at Vlaar and see the perfect replacement at centre back. I reckon a deal will be struck at around £10m and then Villa will start the season in need of a centre back as well as needing to appointment a captain. Then, we will be enforced to pay over the odds for whoever we want to replace Vlaar.

Whichever way you look at that, it won't be good for Villa.

• Like 1

Â