Stephen Ireland

omariqy

I think Gabby has got a fight on his hands after Teke's arrival

He's had it too easy here. I am just glad that Lambert isn't giving him an easy ride, if Gabby wants to stay at this club then he has to fight for it which is something he has never had to do. We may just get the best out of him now.

His miss was absolutely awful. But apart from that his performance was fantastic. If he plays like that or close to that level every week no one would be able to knock him.

More of the same next game Mr Ireland.

Are you talking about the left foot shot?

If so how was that awful? His weaker foot and took a lot of control to get the shot off in the first place.

His miss was absolutely awful. But apart from that his performance was fantastic. If he plays like that or close to that level every week no one would be able to knock him.

Are you talking about the left foot shot?

If so how was that awful? His weaker foot and took a lot of control to get the shot off in the first place.

LOL he had the ball under decent control, wasn't being immediately closed down and he skewed high and wide. It was very bad, he really should have at least got it on target, even on his 'weaker' foot, no excuses.

But other than that he was magnificent, no denying that.

I thought some of the through balls he was doing were absolutely useless but he had a decent game overall. He was getting into good positions trying to support Bent. I thought they linked pretty well today which is promising. Keep at it Ireland!

He didn't have one of his better games today IMO, which is weird as those who get on his case think he played well. Definitely vastly differing definitions of what constitutes a good performance

Confidence player, and it looks like the confidence might be coming back. Think "awful" is slightly harsh about his shot although I did blurt out a few expletives under my breath when he missed.

The game Lambert's trying to get them to play is definitely going to benefit Ireland.

Â