Stephen Ireland

omariqy

He might not be a great player, but he plays in a position where we desperately need someone playing (attacking midfield to link attack with the central midfielders)

We're a better team with him in it at the moment, imo. We don't really have anyone else capable of playing there.

He has a long way to go for me

He's had £7m in wages out the club and 2 good games so far

He needs to take a pay cut for future harmony within the squad

If you're classing last week as one of those 2 guide games, it goes to show you haven't a clue. Sunday wasn't one of his best games for us. He was solid, but he's been much better. People clearly only have an appreciation for the swanky shit and not hard graft and team work

I hope we do see the best of Ireland, we've all seen glipses, there just isn't enough. The biggest thing I find irritating about Ireland is his fanboys who seen to give him every excuse under the sun. He hasnt done anything as yet to even think about a new contract, and if we offer 33% of his current wage, I will be very surprised.

I hope we do see the best of Ireland, we've all seen glipses, there just isn't enough. The biggest thing I find irritating about Ireland is his fanboys who seen to give him every excuse under the sun. He hasnt done anything as yet to even think about a new contract, and if we offer 33% of his current wage, I will be very surprised.

The biggest thing I find irritating is his anti-fans (sure that's not a word). It has nothing to do with him what wages he is on. It didn't work for him when he came in but I blame Ged for that. I can't bring myself to acknowledge that McTool may have had something to do with his turnaround and prefer to believe that he sorted himself out, but last season he looked a class apart, hence the POTY award, the latter showing that his "fanboys" are rather numerous.

SI is a real footballer. His awareness and ability to find space are something we haven't seen much in recent years at VP and, with the right team mates, which we might just now have, SI could control the game against all but the top 5 or 6 maybe. He is an intelligent (at least in footballing terms) player that keeps possession and strokes the ball around. The guy had two years off football effectively - and before the anti-fans start I know he contributed to this - but is now finding his way back. Personally, I would like to see him pulling our attacking strings for a few years to come, unless PL can identify the next Messi or Xavi for peanuts and bring them in.

The biggest thing I find irritating is his anti-fans (sure that's not a word). It has nothing to do with him what wages he is on. It didn't work for him when he came in but I blame Ged for that. I can't bring myself to acknowledge that McTool may have had something to do with his turnaround and prefer to believe that he sorted himself out, but last season he looked a class apart, hence the POTY award, the latter showing that his "fanboys" are rather numerous.

SI is a real footballer. His awareness and ability to find space are something we haven't seen much in recent years at VP and, with the right team mates, which we might just now have, SI could control the game against all but the top 5 or 6 maybe. He is an intelligent (at least in footballing terms) player that keeps possession and strokes the ball around. The guy had two years off football effectively - and before the anti-fans start I know he contributed to this - but is now finding his way back. Personally, I would like to see him pulling our attacking strings for a few years to come, unless PL can identify the next Messi or Xavi for peanuts and bring them in.

Great post. Too many critics of SI take paper talk and gossip as gospel and judge him what he's allegedly said and done.

He's our most gifted player and under Lambert he'll shine.

If you're classing last week as one of those 2 guide games, it goes to show you haven't a clue. Sunday wasn't one of his best games for us. He was solid, but he's been much better. People clearly only have an appreciation for the swanky shit and not hard graft and team work

Well, I don't think you 'have a clue', it was the best game he's had IMO, better than the Chelsea performance. He had a good all round game.

Remind me who the fans player of the year was last season?

Â