Stephen Ireland

omariqy

Looks like he's got it in his locker, but just can't produce it on a consistent enough basis.

I

everytime he gets a run of games he starts to look reasonably good and then he either gets dropped or injured.

we seem to expect him to score or get an assist everytime he plays, do we expect this of Bannan, Westwood, Delph, Holmann?

we don't know how high his wages are, and even if they are high - no-one forced us to pay him that.

Some want Bent to stop trying to score goals in the penalty area and instead run round the pitch like a headless chicken screaming for the ball and putting in some crosses.

Some want Ireland to be Steven Gerrard, he isn't, but he is still the best creative midfielder we have and if he actually played week in week out we'd probably see a lot more from him.

If Lambert isn't going to play Ireland and Bent at least 1 in 2 games when fit then we have to sell them, as it's a pointless waste of potential transfer fees and wages having either on the bench or in the squad.

• 2 weeks later...

hes one of our main midfielders, we have to keep him, he can be good

i think him, and westwood need to be the main midfielders, someone like huddlestone with them in the midfield, i think we would be stronger

I hate boo'ing, but he really deserved it today. He doesn't give a **** about the team. He never wanted to leave Man City. While the whole team are doing warm up sessions, he just walks about the pitch kicking the ball high in the air and taking it down. Only time he participates is in the main session. Other than that he wont do the shooting or group sessions. He looks like he don't give a ****.

Sucked the life out of the team in the first half.

He can drive his pink Land Rover to Fulham or West Ham.

I still believe his talent will reappear before the end of his career but it's not going to happen at Villa Park.

He'll always go down as the part-exchange guy for Milner.

I think he's been the best of a bad bunch most times when he's played, but today was terrible. Shocking, stroppy attitude when tackling and an all round lack of concentration and effort. Looks like he simply doesn't want to be in a team this bad - understandable, but he's being paid a king's ransom for the privilege so he can **** off with his delusions of grandeur. Lambert should have started him consistently though, it's obvious he's a fragile headcase.

Â