Stephen Ireland

omariqy

from whats been said on here, clark plays better at CB, plus i dont like the idea of playing baker and clark regulary tbh, unless we buy a new CB and clark improves and is willing to become a regular LB, but that isnt going to happen as why would PL buy a LB in bennett?

If Lichaj becomes more used to the LB role then leave him in but i personally feel he's a bit hit and miss out there. What about the attacking line-up, that was more of the point of my post as i was trying to accommodate in-form players with Ireland and Bent

I think it's more to do with the Lambert's rotation policy than shutting him off. If Irelan doesn't start against Stoke I'd be very surprised because we need someone like him against them.

True I also get the feeling Lambert picks the team that suits the style we will play against that kind of opposition.

I expect Ireland to feature in the Stoke game.

Some of his passing when he came on today was absolutely appalling, it wasn't a good cameo by any stretch of the imagination. However what he does have is the ability to break from midfield beyond the forward, something we frankly missed throughout most of the game.

tbf, ireland hasnt really done much wrong so far this season

he faced alot of critisism last season i remember, but i think its fair to put that down to mcleish, no player wanted to play for him

ireland should be in the starting line up and should remain here for the next few seasons, he just needed the right manager to play under, we all know what hes capable of

He flatters to deceive.

An attacking player with one goal and i daresay less than half a dozen assists in 3 seasons is not really good enough.

I have no real problem with him being part of the squad. His endeavour is fantastic, his ability to steal the ball from the opposition is also fantastic, but his overall skill level is no better than Holman's IMO.

I know there are people who say he's on a different wavelength to most our players but, to be honest, after three seasons one would hope he might have adapted his game a little more to suit the players around him.

I don't think he necessarily has to start, he needs to have more of an impact on the game from the first minute he plays until the last, however many minutes he plays.

He takes too long to get in to a game, whether he starts or comes on as a sub.

Â