Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Glad he's featuring again. Always rated him.

Be nice to see him on the right this weekend since Hutton is out, unless he's thinking of putting Bacuna there and leaving Lowton on the left?

• Like 1

Glad he's featuring again. Always rated him.

Be nice to see him on the right this weekend since Hutton is out, unless he's thinking of putting Bacuna there and leaving Lowton on the left?

Guess it depends if Richardson or Cissokho are fit. I don't think we could play as we did last night with Baker at LB.

He is a talented footballer but just wasn't born with much athletic capabilities. Playing in the PL you need to be truly exceptional to get away with that.

i think it is a case of helping us to the end of the season, and putting himself in the shop window to be honest ( if we do stay up)

Well won pen and a couple of decent crosses but the sooner we get cissokho back defending, the better. Lowton at LM could work but his lack of pace and positioning puts a lot of pressure on the team at times, like when Okore bailed him out after he was stranded in no man's land.

Lowton put in a couple of very good blocks as well to be fair.

Tbh, I don't think that's a viable excuse - yes he's on the other side but the principles are exactly the same when you move up and down the pitch.

They are but that is the risk when a full back moves forward. You're susceptible to the counter attack. That's just a decision that needs to be tactically made by the manager. Do you want Hutton and Lowton to support the attack and provide some width going forward or would you rather be more conservative. 

I was a right back when I played...I played left back once, it's more difficult than you think. You turn naturally the wrong way on the wrong foot, but these wasn't the problems Lowton had.

It does shock me Lowtons swapped not Hutton tbh

I was a right back when I played...I played left back once, it's more difficult than you think. You turn naturally the wrong way on the wrong foot, but these wasn't the problems Lowton had.

It does shock me Lowtons swapped not Hutton tbh

Yeah you feel less inclined to go forward if you're playing on the opposite side if you're not too good on your weaker foot. But credit to the lad for playing so well!

Well won pen and a couple of decent crosses but the sooner we get cissokho back defending, the better. Lowton at LM could work but his lack of pace and positioning puts a lot of pressure on the team at times, like when Okore bailed him out after he was stranded in no man's land.

I was just about to point this out. He was very slow getting back and that left our left side wide open.

This.

I once scored an own goal because I got my feet totally tangled when playing LB.

We always harp on about footballers being useless in the PL if they aren't 'athletes', then all these 'lesser' athletes from Europe come over and dump us out of competitions at will.

They seem to take footballers and improve their athleticism. 

We take athletes and attempt to turn them into players.

• Like 3

We always harp on about footballers being useless in the PL if they aren't 'athletes', then all these 'lesser' athletes from Europe come over and dump us out of competitions at will.

Yep thats why people love James Milner over here but he wouldn't be rated in Spain. 

Yep thats why people love James Milner over here but he wouldn't be rated in Spain. 

Milner does have incredible ability as well though. 

Lowton has been good whilst he's been back in the team and was good initially under Lambert and only dipped in form when they fell out. Hutton maybe the better defender but Lowton gave us a lot of creativity from RB. He may not have the pace to be a top player but certainly has the technique. You can coach players to be better positionally and not to get caught out. Hopefully he plays RB in the next 2 games and gives Sherwood something to think about at RB as we need compettion all over the pitch.

Â