General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we made an enquiry to Real Madrid about Jesé Rodríguez on loan?

Got a strong feeling I've been told a bit of nonsense as I can't find anything about it anywhere but thought I'd check here :)

My deadline day plans have just been scuppered. Was all planned out. Few beers sat with a mate watching SSN and different websites for all the news. Now his missus has gone an been told she is having a c section in the morning so no deadline day fun for us. That is a new arrival that you can put your money on though lmao

Just a shame he is a Mackam

My deadline day plans have just been scuppered. Was all planned out. Few beers sat with a mate watching SSN and different websites for all the news. Now his missus has gone an been told she is having a c section in the morning so no deadline day fun for us. That is a new arrival that you can put your money on though lmao

:?

raff.gif

I'll get ready for the stick that will come my way.

But so far I'm struggling to see many teams that have had a transfer window as poor as ourselves. Other teams may not have done as much business but then they weren't in the poor position we were.

Not long left to change this.

No stick here. That's a fair assessment and a fair opinion to have. Let's hope the next 31.5 hours are mental.
Nor me

I'm happy with Lambert and the players he is getting but have to say other teams have strengthened better than us so far , in a way that shows not everyone is using FFP as an excuse not to spend so the playing field aint all that level.

I'll also say I expected more than this, so far, after being told he would receive backing but hey ho.

Unless I am wrong FFP will only apply to teams playing in Europe. I think most of the sides you mention know that is not likely but are investing heavily to ensure they are around for the new Sky deal which kicks in next season.

Unfortunately we are getting in line with FFP not because we harbour European ambitions I suspect but because the club couldn't afford to keep losing money in the manner it was.

So we've been caught on a downward curve of investment while everyone else is on an (understandable albeit risky because they cant all stay up) upward curve of investment.

Time will tell in the long run - I am happy we are not a Pompey and I do fear for other clubs going their way.

But equally it is looking like staying up will be an achievement this year which is never a great thing to think after 2 games.

However we might give Liverpool £30m for 3 players tomorrow and all this will be bollox

How much are we still owed by Liverpool for the Downing deal?

I was reading their forum last night and they reckon £10mill and Rodgers would flog him. I thought they owed us about £6mill so we'd be paying £4mill to get him back. The way he left us was shit, but I couldn't careless right now as we need some quality in our Midfield. It might make Zog sort his shit out too and start playing a bit.

Up top, it seems as though this Benteke character is coming but just read that Ivan Klasnic is on a Free. QPR are trying to get him in, along with every other possible player they can find, but surely on a Free he'd be worth a punt? Scored goals for a crap Bolton side, so maybe he could score goals for a 'bit-less-crap' Villa side?

I am failing to see the problem. It's not him having the c section is it?