General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Even with a signing or two tommorrow, I still think we'll be short in a few areas, maybe not in terms of numbers for once but certainly in genuine premier league quality. God help us when he inevitably get 4-5 injuries all at the same time.

Can see some decent spending in January, similar to the last time we were fighting relegation and Bent suddenly appeared...

Just seems so pointless waiting till January to spend when we know now we'll be fighting relegation.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with a signing or two tommorrow, I still think we'll be short in a few areas, maybe not in terms of numbers for once but certainly in genuine premier league quality. God help us when he inevitably get 4-5 injuries all at the same time.

Can see some decent spending in January, similar to the last time we were fighting relegation and Bent suddenly appeared...

Just seems so pointless waiting till January to spend when we know now we'll be fighting relegation.

We don't know that we'll be fighting relegation.

BUT, I would be disappointed to see us spending 'big' in Jan because fees seem to be hyper inflated during that month, it's just very bad business. Technically, money spent that would be spent in January could have been spent in the summer window, and you're more likely to get value for money in the summer, as we all know.

The closer it gets, the more i'm getting worried. Everyone else has strengthened really well so far in the Premier League. We're in for a right scrap I think. However good Lambert is, he's only as good as the players he's got. With Norwich they had momentum and knew what winning games felt like... our squad has neither of those.

were truly dancing with the dead men of the prem league.. dont expect large crownds randy..hope you happy with 15,000.

:bang: We'll get 20,000 plus with season ticket holders alone!

correct,how many will renew next year? the reason behind this years 20k is lambert.. with randy "angle"on new signings this year do you expect better or worse? no matter how you dress it the last game at villa park..attendance was 15319.

were truly dancing with the dead men of the prem league.. dont expect large crownds randy..hope you happy with 15,000.

correct,how many will renew next year? the reason behind this years 20k is lambert.. with randy "angle"on new signings this year do you expect better or worse? no matter how you dress it the last game at villa park..attendance was 15319.

my mate actually got on his high horse when I asked when was the last time we had an attendance that low

I wasn't actually having a pop at the time it was a genuine question, he started going on about it being £20 a ticket, lower league opposition, midweek match, late kick off etc etc

I found it quite amusing because I just asked the question and he immediately got on the defensive about it, just seems that he is the one who is worried about the attendance and not me

Pah, I'm giving up. I've spent the last two weeks glued to my laptop taking it in turns between refreshing this thread and doing the same on Twitter in the vain hope that'll we'll pull some decent exciting signings out of the bag.

I don't think I can sit and watch all the way through tomorrow only to be left with that feeling of complete and utter disappointment.

Bollox to it, I'm out!

Pah, I'm giving up. I've spent the last two weeks glued to my laptop taking it in turns between refreshing this thread and doing the same on Twitter in the vain hope that'll we'll pull some decent exciting signings out of the bag.

I don't think I can sit and watch all the way through tomorrow only to be left with that feeling of complete and utter disappointment.

Bollox to it, I'm out!

Bye, but i bet you'll be back tomorrow.

A cup game, against a 3rd tier side, on a Tuesday night, on the back of a 3-1 home loss in the league the previous Saturday. Was never gonna be a sell out was it mate?

Not doubting your love of the club, or wanting to get into a better fan thing, but I'd go and watch Villa in the Blue Square Prem. I care about who's in the team, who the manager is etc, but it doesn't really matter to me in the grand scheme of things. I love the club, it's part of me, and not going to the match because we didn't sign the players I wanted us to, is unthinkable to me. If others don't see it that way, then there's nothing I can do about it, but it does make me wonder why they bother supporting us, and don't just go watch the Sky clubs?

I've already gave up pretty much on checking threads, watching SSN, trawling the internet and all that jazz

I take a look if I am bored more than anything, not because I am fed up of the whole transfer window saga or anything like that but because I have text updates on my phone and if we sign anyone I know that one of me mates will text me pretty much straight away or me dad will phone me

just no point in getting stressed about them

Yes, for a 2nd round league cup game against league one opposition!
OK ..look at it another way..lets say the cup game was against sayyyyy liverpool..it may have put on a bigger gave ..made up buy pool fans but on the whole villa fan would stay away & think/say "dont fancy it,we will get thrashed"..it it what it is

Bollox to it, I'm out!

Im with you on this. Doing the same myself, sicken the b@lls of you. No enjoyment anymore.

Bollox to it, I'm out!

Im with you on this. Doing the same myself, sicken the b@lls of you. No enjoyment anymore.

feel the same,flat & deflated,another season watching poor quality players & with two games in i bet you a pound a piece of @hit..every one connected with the club would take 4th from bottom finish & were still in august ffs!

The closer it gets, the more i'm getting worried. Everyone else has strengthened really well so far in the Premier League. We're in for a right scrap I think. However good Lambert is, he's only as good as the players he's got. With Norwich they had momentum and knew what winning games felt like... our squad has neither of those.
About the squad not knowing what winning games feels like, I'm hoping that Lambert bringing in five players (at least) from teams that are all fairly good in their respective leagues might help things.