General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

How much are we still owed by Liverpool for the Downing deal?

I was reading their forum last night and they reckon £10mill and Rodgers would flog him. I thought they owed us about £6mill so we'd be paying £4mill to get him back. The way he left us was shit, but I couldn't careless right now as we need some quality in our Midfield. It might make Zog sort his shit out too and start playing a bit.

Up top, it seems as though this Benteke character is coming but just read that Ivan Klasnic is on a Free. QPR are trying to get him in, along with every other possible player they can find, but surely on a Free he'd be worth a punt? Scored goals for a crap Bolton side, so maybe he could score goals for a 'bit-less-crap' Villa side?

I don't think they owe us anything anymore. From my (very limited!) understanding, the rest of the fee was due this summer.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clear enough? Or shall i draw you both a picture?

My post was a general attempt at lightening the mood a little not an attempt to have a dig at you or what you posted (apologies if it came across that way).

echo this

No worries lads, apologies too, just in a shite mood today.

A wee clint in your eye might help? :)

Is it possible that we are only spending small this summer, then we might really go for it again once Dunne, Warnock etc are off the wage bill? Also factor in the inflated tv revenue.

I know it's probably blind optimism right now, but it's all I've got!! :-(

Is it possible that we are only spending small this summer, then we might really go for it again once Dunne, Warnock etc are off the wage bill? Also factor in the inflated tv revenue.

I know it's probably blind optimism right now, but it's all I've got!! :-(

Looking through this board it looks like people are going through the 5 stages of grief :lol:

Personally I think I'm at acceptance 8)

i'd say your not far off Woody...

Nursey said that Lerner is waiting til next summer to invest the Browns cash...

makes sense for a few cheapies this summer to see us safe in 12th - 15th

get rid of the rest of the shite and then spend more heavily

that sounds like the kind of crap the club would feed anyone daft enough to listen. if they plan to spend next summer why not this ? or last ?

load of old bollocks

that sounds like the kind of crap the club would feed anyone daft enough to listen. if they plan to spend next summer why not this ? or last ?

load of old bollocks

To be fair its not like the new owners used a debit card to buy the Browns. Randy may not have the cash yet himself.