General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bent is off according to the oh so genuine AVFCMysteryMan. Any truth? Doubt it!

You totally took what he said and **** it up. What he said was, clubs have been in contact and he is unlikely to be sold. How does that mean he is off?

Anyway, AVFCMysteryMan is a fraud.

If Bent left for decent money as part of a wider plan, say in January when we've been finding possible replacements and working out the style of play we will be using and who will fit into it, that would be a very positive thing.

Well Benteke not in their squad tonight and rumours he's already in Birmingham ?

Medical tomorrow ?

Genk manager said on Tues there is no way Benteke would be in the squad because of his antics. Hope he is in Birmingham though

Even with the signing of Benteke I think this window has been pretty much been a disaster and it comes the same month our owner made $1 billion.

I've been pretty furious and I'll admit probably very annoying on here. I don't think I'm even angry anymore, I'm just really gutted, really, really gutted.

The major dissapointment for me was that some really good players have moved this summer to teams that I believed we're bigger than.

I don't buy the idea Lerner will spend next summer, it makes no sense to risk relegation if the money is there now?

Maybe something amazing will happen tomorrow but I just can't see it.

Another positive - teams in our mini league who haven't really strengthened - Wigan, Norwich, reading, Southampton.

Gaston Ramires (z) is supposed to be signing for Saints for 11mil, if they pull that off it makes a mockery of our lack of spending and ability to sign high profile players.

I am pleased with who we have signed so far, but again apart from Vlaar, KEA and possibly Holman the others aren't experienced enough to make an instant impression and probably be thrown into a team woefully short of confidence and playing with complete fear. And yet still we seem to be looking at more players for the long term.

Does Lambert not grasp that we really do need a blinkered short term and possibly expensive solution, because Lerner and the idiots he has employed has left the team without any kind of spine.

The kids aren't doing the business, bringing in more kids right now isn't going to build a foundation for success (although it could help sustain it), just a long struggle while we wait for miracles to occur.

Even with the signing of Benteke I think this window has been pretty much been a disaster and it comes the same month our owner made $1 billion.

I've been pretty furious and I'll admit probably very annoying on here. I don't think I'm even angry anymore, I'm just really gutted, really, really gutted.

The major dissapointment for me was that some really good players have moved this summer to teams that I believed we're bigger than.

I don't buy the idea Lerner will spend next summer, it makes no sense to risk relegation if the money is there now?

Has Lerner actually got the money for the Browns yet? I didn't think he could officially sell until October. If Benteke signs then the spending would be above £15m and it's possible there will be other moves tomorrow too. If you compare it to the £24m Sunderland spent on Fletcher and Johnson alone then I think we've done the better business considering the whole squad pretty much needs changing.

Man City Away in the League up. If everything wasn't depressing enough.

Excellent. A game to nothing. No expectations, no big deal if we lose. Try out some tactics, give some players a rest and try out others, all the pressure on the opponents.

What's bad about that?

Wow! You're unhappy?!? I think I can safely speak on everyone's behalf when saying that I totally have not been getting that vibe from you........

Bore off

Another positive - teams in our mini league who haven't really strengthened - Wigan, Norwich, reading, Southampton.

Gaston Ramires (z) is supposed to be signing for Saints for 11mil, if they pull that off it makes a mockery of our lack of spending and ability to sign high profile players.

I am pleased with who we have signed so far, but again apart from Vlaar, KEA and possibly Holman the others aren't experienced enough to make an instant impression and probably be thrown into a team woefully short of confidence and playing with complete fear. And yet still we seem to be looking at more players for the long term.

Does Lambert not grasp that we really do need a blinkered short term and possibly expensive solution, because Lerner and the idiots he has employed has left the team without any kind of spine.

The kids aren't doing the business, bringing in more kids right now isn't going to build a foundation for success (although it could help sustain it), just a long struggle while we wait for miracles to occur.

I'm all for youth being signed to inject freshness in the squad but as we've signed before this season, they can't all play at the same time.

Say Vlaar gets injured and can't play at Newcastle, that would leave us with a defence of Lowton....Clark....Baker.....Bennett. Say KEA can't play, it will be something like Herd...Delph....Bannan.

Worried aswell we've struggled to create chances this season yet no sign of any creative players coming in so far.

Also seems to have gone quiet on Hutton and Warnock. Wonder if either will be integrated into the squad if they're still here on Sep 1st although I suppose we can still loan them to championship clubs.

Disaster? Come off it.

Out (so far): Heskey, Cuellar & Collins

In (so far): Holman, El-Ahmadi, Vlaar, Lowton & Bennett

Alright, maybe not perfect but that is far from a disaster. Jesus Christ. :|

QPR are likely to sign M'Bia and Granero tomorrow. **** a duck I would like those two in our midfield.

Really hope Lambert is given a bit of funds to bring in some decent players tomorrow.

Bowery can only be a "one for the future" signing at best.

I suppose the only good thing is that we have a deadline day where we actually could be getting a few players in.

Surely once this window is over QPR's wage-bill must be top 7? The only clubs I can think of that would have a higher wage bill than them are Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United and Spurs. Even the latter I'm not sure about.