General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get ready for the stick that will come my way.

But so far I'm struggling to see many teams that have had a transfer window as poor as ourselves. Other teams may not have done as much business but then they weren't in the poor position we were.

Not long left to change this.

No stick here. That's a fair assessment and a fair opinion to have. Let's hope the next 31.5 hours are mental.

to those talking about Spearing:

Fourth Official ‏@FourthOfficial_

Jay Spearing has signed for Bolton on a 6 month loan deal #BWFC

(Fourth Official being one of the 2 actual ITK's on twitter)

Also in regard to us needing a dm i know he's currently injured but now with Rodwell, Yaya and de jong in front of him i wouldnt mind us trying to get Barry back. DEspite the Liverpool fiasco he was an amazing servant to this club and as close to a 'legend' as we've had in modern times. I also believe that a while back MM hinted that Barry would like to come back at some point...

But so far I'm struggling to see many teams that have had a transfer window as poor as ourselves. Other teams may not have done as much business but then they weren't in the poor position we were.

That's fair enough, other teams are looking very strong.

I still think we need 3 players, a striker, winger and center mid.

No stick here. That's a fair assessment and a fair opinion to have. Let's hope the next 31.5 hours are mental.

A mental last day would be superb!!

Would love to see that bastard yellow bar dominated by the words "ASTON VILLA SIGN" all day tomorrow.

He's only making good signings IMO. Fair play to him. Wish he only made good signings here.

He did, Milner,Young,Downing etc.

Only being the key word there, Shorey, Davies, Harewood, Routledge, Heskey etc...

Sunderland haven't made any of those type signings yet, he's doing a good job there.

He's only making good signings IMO. Fair play to him. Wish he only made good signings here.

He did, Milner,Young,Downing etc.

Only being the key word there, Shorey, Davies, Harewood, Routledge, Heskey etc...

This will make a novel topic!

Nor me

I'm happy with Lambert and the players he is getting but have to say other teams have strengthened better than us so far , in a way that shows not everyone is using FFP as an excuse not to spend so the playing field aint all that level.

I'll also say I expected more than this, so far, after being told he would receive backing but hey ho.