General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sinclair or Philips please. We desperately need some wingers and a LB of course.

Why do people not understand it?

There is no money in the pot. Sinclair is off to Man City. Phillips is off to Southampton - a team with more money to spend on transfers and wages.

I'm so glad you can predict the future..... What's the lottery numbers for tomorrow?

Adam Johnson has now signed a four-year deal at Sunderland, another player that can 110% no longer be speculated about.

Where have you heard this? Nothing on twitter, sky sports or the beeb about it? Nor a text from my annoying Mackam friend lol

adamjohnson.jpg

Sorry to have questioned you fella

Wasn't on the beeb site or my sky sports app when I posted before

Stupid iphone

His smile looks so forced as if he's had to take a massive pay cut to make the move lol.

Mon signed him, he's probably on double his man city wage. And will play LB at the weekend.

Telegraph reported he dropped his wages by £30,000 a week to £50,000 with City covering the difference. Which is quite incredible. A player with questionable fitness problems and the occasional spark of brilliance.

That fella could have supplied Benty some goals this season. Shame, I think he'll be a cracking player for Sunderland. When Bent came to Villa he talked about the great supply he'd get here. Now Sunderland have Johnson, McClean, Sessegnon and Larsson. We have Bannan.

It's a myth, Johnson does not supply goals, he scores them cutting in off the right. He's a very similar player to N'Zogbia.

Finally, the Johnson hype can stop. A player has done so little to deserve it. Good. But never as great as many state.

yeah i'm not massively bothered by johnson. for me he's similar to nzogbia, capable of some brilliant moments but they are too few for how much he costs. too much selfish play, with his head down and just running into trouble. also sunderland are his hometown club, so its not surprising he has gone there.

still, we really need to add to the squad before the window shuts otherwise we are in trouble.

That fella could have supplied Benty some goals this season. Shame, I think he'll be a cracking player for Sunderland. When Bent came to Villa he talked about the great supply he'd get here. Now Sunderland have Johnson, McClean, Sessegnon and Larsson. We have Bannan.

HAHA..... i actually pissed myself............

I have, since the Vlaar signing, read hundreds of pages of comments of conjecture and supposition about the Villa, Lambert, Learner and the direction the club may or may not be heading. What bemused me the most is how people can so vigouriously argue a point or position based on so little fact. There can be any number of reasons why there's been the level of activity that there has been. This could range from:

1) Randy's lost interest, and won't spend any money.

2) there's a sell to buy policy, so we can't bring anyone in until we shift the likes of Hutton/Warnock

3) Lambert has found that his targets are not available so is keeping his powder dry

4) deals have been put in place, and will be completed when the selling club have a replacement

And so on

My point is that no one, certainly not on VT, knows what the actually situation is, and therefore people should be keeping an open mind as any scenario is as likely as any other.

I'm a great believe in momentum in football, and since thet sacking of TSM and the appointment of PL the Villa have been gaining some forward momentum, but all this negativity about transfers, is only doing one thing, eroding that momentum.

I'm sure some people will say 'i'm entitled to my opinion', and you are. Nobody is trying to deny you this right, but in the absence of any concrete evidence or facts, the opposite view point of yours is equally as likely.

Finally, the Johnson hype can stop. A player has done so little to deserve it. Good. But never as great as many state.

yeah i'm not massively bothered by johnson. for me he's similar to nzogbia, capable of some brilliant moments but they are too few for how much he costs. too much selfish play, with his head down and just running into trouble. also sunderland are his hometown club, so its not surprising he has gone there.

still, we really need to add to the squad before the window shuts otherwise we are in trouble.

Indeed. We need signings. But I don't think Johnson fits Lambert's mold - of being hungry and wanting to play for the club. He seriously stagnated at City. He's 25 after all. Hardly a promising youngster any more. He barely featured in any big games for City last season and only featured against the likes of Bolton and Blackburn.

Johnson for 10 mill looks decent business (especially when you consider we sold Downing for twice that and paid the same for NZogbia ) as does Moses going to Chelsea for 9 mill. Players I'd have hoped we'd be in for although we couldn't compete with Chelsea for Moses it would be nice to think we are still a bigger draw than Sunderland.

One things for sure we need 3 or 4 quality signings before this window closes.

Moses to Chelsea is a wierd one can't see how he will get much game time.

Similar to Sinclair to Ci£y, neither will get much game time in key games

It's what they call cannibalisation.