General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A. Johnson to Sunderland is a done deal apparently.. I know a few people on here wanted him well he has gone there now.

Quite a few teams we cannot compete with now.

Sunderland, QPR, Stoke, Everton.

Reading and Southampton have a bit of money behind them and put players before jets.

Fulham and West Ham have backing from their chair-men - and will certainly finish above us if the squad stays the same.

if the squad is like this for September onwards, I call for Lerner to go.

A. Johnson to Sunderland is a done deal apparently.. I know a few people on here wanted him well he has gone there now.
Cue mass VT suicide. He's a good player, but VT seems to have an unhealthy obsession with getting him here.

Que mass VT suicide. He's a good player, but VT seems to have an unhealthy obsession with getting him here.

I agree with the number of people saying he is a good player. But he is a MOTD player. Will do a few good crosses but then lose the ball to easily other times.

Much like SWP in that way. Can turn a game on its head but not every single game. Maybe 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 games. I would rather have someone less flashy that can do something in every game he plays. Someone like Jamie O'hara would do us well

Reading and Southampton have a bit of money behind them and put players before jets.

Fulham and West Ham have backing from their chair-men - and will certainly finish above us if the squad stays the same.

According to their spending we are behind 14 clubs including the typical Top 6 candidates. 15 if you include Newcastle in that as well so we are behind..

Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, Tottenham, Everton, Stoke, Sunderland, QPR, Reading, Southampton, Fulham and West Ham..

Now if you include with that teams with flat a flat out better squad then we are also behind West Brom and Swansea.. So that puts us 18th in the league with Wigan and Norwich below us.

Now of course some teams are going to underachieve, but this is something that is going to get worse and worse season on season. I mean you look at the kind of spending going on that we are not doing ultimately meaning we will fall further behind. If we really are this far behind the other clubs then it's not a case of if we get relegated it is a case of when..

Que mass VT suicide. He's a good player, but VT seems to have an unhealthy obsession with getting him here.

Because he is a very good player and just the type we should be going for but instead we have to take a punt on unproven payers from abroad and 23 year olds from the 2nd division in the vain hope they may come good.

He has behaved like a man looking to sell for the last couple of seasons. The appointment of Lambert surprised and delighted me - the strong rumours that he had £20m to spend even more.

If as you say the squad is as it is by Sep 1 - I really can't see much headway under Lerner. We have flirted with relegation the last 2 seasons - not replaced players with ones of similar quality - seen the shortcomings of throwing the kids in.

Lerner must be Naive if he thinks we can keep dodging relegation with the current level of investment - but a championship villa would be worth considerably less. I really think he is looking for a buyer

Because he is a very good player and just the type we should be going for but instead we have to take a punt on unproven payers from abroad and 23 year olds from the 2nd division in the vain hope they may come good.

Buying exclusively established players from the Premier League was what got us into this mess in the first place. Not saying Johnson wouldn't be a good signing but just because the likes of Vlaar and El-Ahmadi are from abroad doesn't mean they're not good signings.

I have not read it like that at all.

How have you read it ?

That there is money there to spend now, that there is a plan in place.[/quote

]

Hmmmmm - this sounds like one of those extended warranties which proclaim your product is 'totally protected' - then list a whole host of disclaimers which effectively leave you with no cover at all.

I think that supporters should wait until the Transfer Window closes before judging Lambert,Randy,Faulkner or whoever,I still understand that players will be both coming & hopefully one or two going aswell.

It is frustrating but better to get the right players in at the right price. UTV

I think we should save the inquests and post mortems until the window is over personally. 7 days left to go let's see what happens.

I'll just reiterate that all the information I have been fortunate enough to come across has been pretty accurate so far so at this stage I still have no reason to doubt and I will not let the situation regarding Johnson stop that or alter my view.

If it isn't to be then I'll cross that bridge when I get there. But given I have been pretty vocal anti Lerner for a few years now you must accept it took something to get me positive. I still believe