General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most of my excitement for the summer was down to Richard, not that I'm having a dig. But reading what Pelty has to say on H&V I'm not expecting anything at all now.

I think we will see a number of signings, but nothing more than if we still had Doug.

I'm positive about our manager but I don't see Randy doing anything. I think he is interested in the club, but realises he cannot compete near the top four.

Just been on there, he seems to be indicating that signings will be made but that the club will operate within a controlled wage structure.

That sounds fair enough to me, I just wish we could give ourselves a kickstart and be reassured that even if we can't shift Hutton and co that we can still strengthen our squad.

Must admit Richard had a big bearing on people's optimism. I would quite like him to elaborate somewhat on why he felt so positive...

Just watched Lambert's presser for Everton. This may sound stupid, but just looking at his body language when asked about any new players coming in, I kinda read and got the feeling that there is definitely movement happening. Even looked to be hiding a cheeky smile :winkold: Can't wait for our new LB and striker

Oh God, not the old body language thing again.

Agreed. Not sure about top 10 but definitely top 12. I think people have let McLeish get to them. We may not be great but we aren't as bad as he made us look.

McLeish may have had a negative effect, but you also need to remember that this is largely the same squad that has nearly got relegated for two years on the trot.

Good players will get results to some extent under any manager - this lot have failed to for two seasons now and (at the moment at least) we're still counting...

Yes but those last two season's we were being managed by clueless idiot's, so with a much better manager there is no reason why we shouldn't finish 10th - 12th.

Under Houllier we also had Young and Downing and therefore a better squad, but the team this year is better than last year imo and I'm confident that we will sign more player's still.

Just watched Lambert's presser for Everton. This may sound stupid, but just looking at his body language when asked about any new players coming in, I kinda read and got the feeling that there is definitely movement happening. Even looked to be hiding a cheeky smile :winkold: Can't wait for our new LB and striker

Oh God, not the old body language thing again.

s67hci.gif

"Hearing Villa have completed their business. No more incomings. #avfc"

Find that very hard to believe. This guy is guessing, just like the rest of us.

That could mean we have already signed the players we need and they'll be announced soon.

Interesting to read that money is available for PL to go out and get players even if the likes of Hutton and Warnock cannot be shifted.

We've heard it all before though haven't we ?

Actions speak louder than words

I think most of my excitement for the summer was down to Richard, not that I'm having a dig. But reading what Pelty has to say on H&V I'm not expecting anything at all now.

I think we will see a number of signings, but nothing more than if we still had Doug.

I'm positive about our manager but I don't see Randy doing anything. I think he is interested in the club, but realises he cannot compete near the top four.

Just been on there, he seems to be indicating that signings will be made but that the club will operate within a controlled wage structure.

That sounds fair enough to me, I just wish we could give ourselves a kickstart and be reassured that even if we can't shift Hutton and co that we can still strengthen our squad.

Must admit Richard had a big bearing on people's optimism. I would quite like him to elaborate somewhat on why he felt so positive...

Controlled wages does not mean we will not be spending ay money it means just that. Some wages may be higher than others but we control it

BTW the itk on H&V is Krulak's son

I wouldn't advice anyone in dispair or desperate for positives reading this 'ITK'ers posts on H&V

Basically it's the same old, 'there is money there, its not the transfers fees it the wages' cobblers we've heard for the last god knows how long

Basically that translates to, we're looking at cheap players on cheap wages or nothing at all. I wish they'd just be honest and say it like that instead of wording it to sound acceptable

Time to sell up Randy, you've not took us forward one jot. And now it's getting ridiculous