General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

"Hearing Villa have completed their business. No more incomings. #avfc"

Find that very hard to believe. This guy is guessing, just like the rest of us.

I must admits 'were working on it - you never know' makes me expect a maximun of 1 !

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Not sure about top 10 but definitely top 12. I think people have let McLeish get to them. We may not be great but we aren't as bad as he made us look.

McLeish may have had a negative effect, but you also need to remember that this is largely the same squad that has nearly got relegated for two years on the trot.

Good players will get results to some extent under any manager - this lot have failed to for two seasons now and (at the moment at least) we're still counting...

Transfer ITK has just tweeted...

"Hearing Villa have completed their business. No more incomings. #avfc"

Considering he's got **** all right so far this makes me very happy.

What a load of bollocks! On the day that Lambert says he hopes to do some more business this idiot tweets that!

Transfer ITK ‏@ITK_TRANSFER

Hearing Villa have completed their business. No more incomings. #avfc

18m KKFootball KKFootball ‏@KKFootball1

@ITK_TRANSFER You have heard wrong.

Not that I believe any ITK 100% on Twitter, but KKFootball is a lot more reliable than @ITK_Transfer. The guy hasn't got a thing right and just spouts off a load of rumours hoping one sticks. KKFootball generally doesn't spread rumours, he hints at things and tells people when he doesn't know something instead of lying and making educated guesses.

Everybody MAN the **** up. Lambert knows what he is doing, he will get the best out of All our players, I'm sure we will finish in the top 10..Lets get the positivity back, Yes we have a poor squad, But our Manager is top class. Lamberts got this.

Well said mate!

Some people on this site are a **** joke. I cant believe the last few pages of shit I have read and shows how high the IQ of some on here is.

One game onto a new season/era and it's the same bullshit! Even MCLeish got more time than some are giving PL already.

I think I'll stick to twitter for my transfer news from now on...at least I can block what I want on there. This site has gone down in the last few years and is now just a whinge pit for the depressants with every thread ending up the same way.

Sick of listening to retards, I'm off to going back and enjoying watching my football and the new exciting brand that PL is trying to bring to our great club.

To be fair I don't think you can tar everyone with the same brush. I'm disappointed certainly not with Lambert, not even with Randy who I think is a stand-up guy, I'm just disappointed we're in a position where a lot of fans on here are "hoping" for 15th.

I feel like Aston Villa is a big club (maybe not top 4 or 5) and I fully appreciate that we are choosing to go a different route than the Sunderland/QPR way and I agree with that but I don't want to watch our expectations fall to where suddenly we're only as big as Stoke and Wolves and we're happy to survive.

Just watched Lambert's presser for Everton. This may sound stupid, but just looking at his body language when asked about any new players coming in, I kinda read and got the feeling that there is definitely movement happening. Even looked to be hiding a cheeky smile :winkold: Can't wait for our new LB and striker

I'm not so confident I'm afraid. I have no doubt that he wants to bring in some more players, just as I have no doubt that we're working hard trying to make them happen. I just feel that we're at an impasse with the clubs we're trying to deal with and that we have our hands tied a little with regards to how much the other clubs are asking in terms of transfer fees. Hopefully we'll make some ground next week since the wheels start to turn a little faster in the last week of the window.

Everybody MAN the **** up. Lambert knows what he is doing, he will get the best out of All our players, I'm sure we will finish in the top 10..Lets get the positivity back, Yes we have a poor squad, But our Manager is top class. Lamberts got this.
Agreed. Not sure about top 10 but definitely top 12. I think people have let McLeish get to them. We may not be great but we aren't as bad as he made us look.

Yeah top 10 is possible, but top 12 is more realistic :P

I would be happy with 17th this season. We nee to give PL some time.

1 game into the season is no where near enough time to judge anything. If it is then I better put all my money on Swansea and fulham to be the top 2 teams this season.

And as for players in maybe we should look to Europe, the german or even the polish league. Some very good players especially in the mid table German teams

1 game into the season is no where near enough time to judge anything. If it is then I better put all my money on Swansea and fulham to be the top 2 teams this season.

And as for players in maybe we should look to Europe, the german or even the polish league. Some very good players especially in the mid table German teams

OK there's a transition period which most of us are in favour of but being happy with 17th? I think that's a dangerous thing to hope for. I don't think as a club we should be happy with anything like that.

OK there's a transition period which most of us are in favour of but being happy with 17th? I think that's a dangerous thing to hope for. I don't think as a club we should be happy with anything like that.

Not saying I want us to be 17th by any means. Safely in mid table will do.

Get shot of the dead wood in the team. Maybe PL will be able to uncover some lower league gems like he did with grant holt.

Even taking a punt on a champo or league 1 striker might uncover someone. Look at Chris smalling. From non-league to England cap in 3 years

Just watched Lambert's presser for Everton. This may sound stupid, but just looking at his body language when asked about any new players coming in, I kinda read and got the feeling that there is definitely movement happening. Even looked to be hiding a cheeky smile :winkold: Can't wait for our new LB and striker

haha agree mate, had a very cheeky smile when asked. Even said that his reply was rubbish! lets just wait and see he says! **** tease!

Well said mate!

Some people on this site are a **** joke. I cant believe the last few pages of shit I have read and shows how high the IQ of some on here is.

One game onto a new season/era and it's the same bullshit! Even MCLeish got more time than some are giving PL already.

I think I'll stick to twitter for my transfer news from now on...at least I can block what I want on there. This site has gone down in the last few years and is now just a whinge pit for the depressants with every thread ending up the same way.

Sick of listening to retards, I'm off to going back and enjoying watching my football and the new exciting brand that PL is trying to bring to our great club.

To be fair I don't think you can tar everyone with the same brush. I'm disappointed certainly not with Lambert, not even with Randy who I think is a stand-up guy, I'm just disappointed we're in a position where a lot of fans on here are "hoping" for 15th.

I feel like Aston Villa is a big club (maybe not top 4 or 5) and I fully appreciate that we are choosing to go a different route than the Sunderland/QPR way and I agree with that but I don't want to watch our expectations fall to where suddenly we're only as big as Stoke and Wolves and we're happy to survive.

This is where I'm at as well.

I think most of my excitement for the summer was down to Richard, not that I'm having a dig. But reading what Pelty has to say on H&V I'm not expecting anything at all now.

I think we will see a number of signings, but nothing more than if we still had Doug.

I'm positive about our manager but I don't see Randy doing anything. I think he is interested in the club, but realises he cannot compete near the top four.