General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I'd put money on Ramirez having a relegation release clause. Fingers crossed they go straight back down and we can swoop for him for a cut price when the re-buidling continues next summer (if he looks decent).

I think we'll still see a few transfers in the next few weeks.

West Ham don't have the most dangerous of attacks so I think a back four of Lichaj-Clark-Vlaar-Lowton will be okay for now.

I expect to see us buy a LB and a striker, along with Hutton AND Warnock being shipped out for cut prices in the final days of the window (which personally, I don't think will effect our activity before their departures).

I don't actually think we'll bring in a winger or an AMC.

At the fan meeting, Lambert said he wants to improve the service to Bent, but as we play with attacking fullbacks, I think he'll just bring in a decent fullback to replace Warnock. I think the wide positions will be easily filled by N'Zogbia, Holman, Ireland & Albrighton.

-------------------- Given ----------------------

Lowton --- Vlaar --------- Clark --- Cresswell

--------- El Ahmadi ------- Bannan ------------

N'Zogbia -------------------------------- Ireland

------------- Bent ---------- NEW ST ------------

Can't see us buying a new striker unless it's Carroll on loan. I think there are more important positions to fill when you consider we have good wingers and Bent has always played best up front alone.

--------- Al Ahmadi -------- Herd ----------

Holmann --------- Ireland ------ N'Zogbia

--------------------- Bent ----------------

What happens if Bent picks up another injury or he needs resting?

We need to bring another striker in plus the already stated positions.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still a while to get players in however I think this could be a tough season.The promoted teams are all pretty strong and have strengthened so the 3 going down could be 3 established clubs.

Think we need at least a LB ,Winger and Striker

Everybody needs to start saying how good Warnock and Hutton were last season, and we are gutted that they are leaving, then other teams will come in thinking they're on to a bargain...

Southampton have gone a bit crazy haven't they? Not put off by the state of their South Coast rivals.

Although its always nice to spend big bucks on foreigners with fancy names (or in Jay Rodriguez's case local lads with fancy names), personally I think its a bit of a gamble for them.

Eeeeeeeeee.

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has admitted being an admirer of Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe and Stoke forward Kenwyne Jones as he looks to strengthen his squad.

"You are talking about two really good players, different types of players there," Lambert said. "I think a club this size will always be linked with players of that ilk. I don't think you ever stop looking for players. You have always got to try and improve. Whether they come in or not, we will have to wait and see."

Eeeeeeeeee.

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has admitted being an admirer of Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe and Stoke forward Kenwyne Jones as he looks to strengthen his squad.

"You are talking about two really good players, different types of players there," Lambert said. "I think a club this size will always be linked with players of that ilk. I don't think you ever stop looking for players. You have always got to try and improve. Whether they come in or not, we will have to wait and see."

Oh please oh please oh please..... I've waited for years on 606 and here... to say this..... please Paul... make it so.....

Get the Litchfield Estate Agents on stand by..

"Welcome Jermaine"

i would be absolutely thrilled with any one of them!

jones for me is a beast when on form and defoe goal scoring record is exceptional. cant see spurs selling defoe though.

they will wnat at least 10m for him and i dont think he is worth that much based on age

A more positive reation than I had expected to be honest.

I wouldn't be particularly keen on either of them to be honest, Jones isn't particularly young any more and I just can't see Defoe working with Bent.

SIT - He doesn't have to come out and criticise either player, but what he has said is basically an admission that he WOULD like to sign one of them.

Jones would be dissapointing, has a poor record and only turns up 1 in 5.

I'm not making a comparison as to who is better but Carew was loved here for the same thing.

Oh please oh please oh please..... I've waited for years on 606 and here... to say this..... please Paul... make it so.....

"Welcome Jermaine"

Why Litchfield - Burntwood would be better :)

Jones could be great, but it all depends on price. £4million then yes, but he isn't much better in front of goal than Heskey and only unplayable on occasions.

Defoe would make loads of runs and get goals, that's his game.

Would I sign either...hmmm, really depends on wages, it might be a bit panicky to spent good money on an average/end of his career player, think I'd rather see how it plays out until January, when you'd hope there would be some quality scout recommendations.

"Welcome Jermaine"

Why Litchfield - Burntwood would be better :)

I wouldn't care if it was a pikey flat in Loselles, get him the **** in.

Kenwyne Jones is an interesting player and similar to Carroll in some ways; obviously both are hugely inconsistent but on their day can be very effective.

Again as was mentioned I think Bent prefers to be a lone striker with support coming from Ireland (by the looks of it).

Jones could be a decent squad acquisition and a cheaper alternative to Carroll but he'd pobably not be motivated to sit on our bench.

I honestly think we're ok with what we have up front. Now that we have a new direction and a better manager than the last two seasons I am very confident Gabby, Weimann and Delfouneso can all perform well when called upon.