General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Fair enough but then what if a lot of villa fans think we are relegation candidates? Maybe we should start a poll. I'm not saying we WILL get relegated I'm just saying it can not be completely ruled out. Which makes us candidates IMO.
To be honest you can't technically rule out anyone below Liverpool getting relegated.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of us can also be less objective or more biased.
What's that supposed to mean?

It means fans may tend to be over optimistic, wishful thinking, see potential in their players etc. whereas the outside world can judge us without emotion.

Of course this works the other way too with some fans becoming over pessimistic about the club.

Fans of other clubs don't tend to know the ins and outs of every other club. For example, a lot of opposition fans buy into the media bullshit and don't think McLeish is that bad and think he should've had more time here. Obviously that's bullshit but the point I'm making is that just becuase lots of opposition fans think we're relegation candidates doesn't mean we are.

He had plenty time but if you think the fans gave him a chance you've lost the plot. Up to the fans if they want to accept him or not but the media are right to say he never had a chance. Protests on your first day and constant banners and boycotts isn't getting a chance. Media are doing nothing wrong reporting that. I'll get flamed no doubt but it's the truth

It means fans may tend to be over optimistic, wishful thinking, see potential in their players etc. whereas the outside world can judge us without emotion.

Of course this works the other way too with some fans becoming over pessimistic about the club.

Fans of other clubs don't tend to know the ins and outs of every other club. For example, a lot of opposition fans buy into the media bullshit and don't think McLeish is that bad and think he should've had more time here. Obviously that's bullshit but the point I'm making is that just becuase lots of opposition fans think we're relegation candidates doesn't mean we are.

He had plenty time but if you think the fans gave him a chance you've lost the plot. Up to the fans if they want to accept him or not but the media are right to say he never had a chance. Protests on your first day and constant banners and boycotts isn't getting a chance. Media are doing nothing wrong reporting that. I'll get flamed no doubt but it's the truth

What on Earth are you talking about? He was definitely given a chance. Besides that one protest, there was no vocal hint of opposition towards him for quite a while. Once he'd actually been appointed and had pre-season people gave him a chance. Ok, he wasn't really supported but at the same time fans didn't start getting on his back for quite a while when our worst fears were proven correct. Would like to know about these "constant banners and protests" as well, because up until the end of the season I don't remember any banners or protests (barring that one just before he joined).

""He had plenty time but if you think the fans gave him a chance you've lost the plot. Up to the fans if they want to accept him or not but the media are right to say he never had a chance. Protests on your first day and constant banners and boycotts isn't getting a chance. Media are doing nothing wrong reporting that. I'll get flamed no doubt but it's the truth

Anyhow back on topic i do like the look of Cresswell at Ipswich..but we need another striker... Just been listening to AVB on SSN saying in the Prem you simply have to have 4 top strikers to compete :shock:

How many do we have exactly? :lol:

He probably means compete for the title.

What on Earth are you talking about? He was definitely given a chance. Besides that one protest, there was no vocal hint of opposition towards him for quite a while. Once he'd actually been appointed and had pre-season people gave him a chance. Ok, he wasn't really supported but at the same time fans didn't start getting on his back for quite a while when our worst fears were proven correct. Would like to know about these "constant banners and protests" as well, because up until the end of the season I don't remember any banners or protests (barring that one just before he joined).

My word if you really think he was welcomed and given a chance you are nuts. By the time he was sacked he deserved it but to say he was given a chance is nonsense

My word if you really think he was welcomed and given a chance you are nuts. By the time he was sacked he deserved it but to say he was given a chance is nonsense

I never said he was welcomed, but he was given a chance. Despite what the media say we were not chanting for him to be sacked from his first game. He actually got quite an easy ride I thought. People didn't start getting vocal towards him until near the end of the season.

I come on this thread to read about fake Twitter ITKs and hilarious transfer rumour mongering.

When I see the page count has jumped by 5 or so pages since last night, I'm intrigued - then disappointed to find out its more debate about past seasons and 'He Who Must Not Be Named.'

I want more Twitter bollocks! :D

I come on this thread to read about fake Twitter ITKs and hilarious transfer rumour mongering.

When I see the page count has jumped by 5 or so pages since last night, I'm intrigued - then disappointed to find out its more debate about past seasons and 'He Who Must Not Be Named.'

I want more Twitter bollocks! :D

Second.

I wish people would leave the R word alone. One thing I thought would see us good this year is the positive vibe being back, it transmits to the players (I know it works both ways). I always thought half the reason for Newcastles success last year was having 50000 passionate fans at home every game, all believing and urging their team on. Similarly there were times in O'Neils years where I thought the team weren't too good and we were only battling high due to the fans urging the team on.

Let's not discuss it, and certainly don't run polls on it - that's a great confidence boost to players who get to hear these things.

Back on topic, think its strange how bennet rumours started so looked like he was the chosen one, then suddenly the cresswell rumours start again, got a feeling it's a 2 horse race but wouldn't be surprised if they are using them as cover for someone else they're after??

Indeed Keyblade.

The positivity for some couldn't last six weeks before the hyperbolic garbage started. Relegation? Read Keyblades post above. Contemplate that, given what he has said, surely we are unsinkable.

I think people like Robbie Savage forget that AMC is no longer our manager. A man who managed to get us to score 37goals last season despite having the likes of Bent, CNZ and Ireland available for most of the season. Lambert has already said he will never not try to win any game. Our last manager only tried not to lose them.

Anyway, i'm still confident that we will see 3 players come in once Makoun, Warnock and Hutton have gone.

I'm going to say Cresswell, M. Phillips and Carroll.

Those are the three signings that would make me very happy can't see them happening, well maybe the first two but the last would be a out of the blue moment for me.

Anyway off to bed for me as in Vancouver so will catch up with all the bits an bobs later.

Surely Bennett when I wake up

I think people like Robbie Savage forget that AMC is no longer our manager. A man who managed to get us to score 37goals last season despite having the likes of Bent, CNZ and Ireland available for most of the season. Lambert has already said he will never not try to win any game. Our last manager only tried not to lose.

I think Robbie Savage just likes to get a rise out of us.