General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Sell to buy FFs. Do those complaining about this supposed policy actually want to keep Hutton and warnock or do you think it would be a rather good idea to flog them?

No one wants to keep them.

What we want is for the manager to be able to bring in better replacements without having to sell those 2 players first.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are not working with an unlimited budget or a budget as high as other clubs thats just something we have to accept.

I disagree.

I don't think we should have to accept a net spend on the squad less than Dougs final summer. I don't see why that's acceptable at all.

I see Savage tips us to be relegated. Say what you like about the guy but he has a point. We were lucky to survive last year and the squad hasn't changed much. I'm worried.
He really doesn't. The squad has improved marginally, but the big difference is that we've gone from having one of the worst Premier League managers in McLeish to a good manager in Lambert. Even last season we STILL didn't get relegated. What makes people think it's on the cards this season?

Negativity just seems to be the default VT position.

So the whole of last season is all the managers fault? That's just ignorance. It's not negativity its realism. Our squad is very poor and anybody who denies this is kidding themself. The rebuild will take several years so the aim for next season will be to stay up. If we achieve that I will be happy. I don't expect miracles from the players we have.

I see Savage tips us to be relegated. Say what you like about the guy but he has a point. We were lucky to survive last year and the squad hasn't changed much. I'm worried.
He really doesn't. The squad has improved marginally, but the big difference is that we've gone from having one of the worst Premier League managers in McLeish to a good manager in Lambert. Even last season we STILL didn't get relegated. What makes people think it's on the cards this season?

So the whole of last season is all the managers fault? That's just ignorance. It's not negativity its realism. Our squad is very poor and anybody who denies this is kidding themself. The rebuild will take several years so the aim for next season will be to stay up. If we achieve that I will be happy. I don't expect miracles from the players we have.

If you actually read my posts I said just before that post that it was specifically not his fault entirely.

The squad isn't half as poor as people are making out. Not top 8 quality obviously but certainly not bottom 5 quality either.

While it does seem daft to panic before the season has kicked off or the transfer window closed I can see why many of us are bricking it.

We already have Dunne, Gabby and now Holman out injured before we have kicked a ball, Makoun out on loan and Warnock and Hutton sidelined (for good reasons). Plus Lowton and Herd struggling. A few more key injuries and we literally are f*cked.

What kind of gets to me is on these boards the people who tell others not to be negative or say a word against Lerner or Lambert are the same people who slag off the players endlessly.

For instance, the majority don't like or rate Nzogbia (usually because of his bad attitude or lack of confidence), or Ireland who is according to most lazy overrated and overpaid or "Hollywood ball' Bannan. Delph... has no first touch so... isn't good enough, Lichaj isn't good enough, Weimann isn't good enough, Gabby is 'an athlete and not a footballer' these are just some of the quotes attributed to the team that is going to thrive under Lambert. Not saying all of that is wrong or that I agree with every comment, just saying.

Also Lowton is unproven, KEA is good but so far apparently not the midfield enforcer we need, Holman is a bit 'meh' and only Vlaar has really got people excited. I am not trying to slag anyone off as i criticise the players plenty just saying the amount of negativity thrown at the players on these threads far out weighs anything positive, does that mean we don't rate our squad or that we are wrong or just tainted by McCleish and the bitter post MON debacle?

I genuinely think Lambert can get more out of these players and maybe get us backing them again...... and as we've already seen get us playing a better brand of football, but that doesn't stop me feeling panicked as that is just what the last two years has done to me.

I think every team is waiting for the final deadline day merry go round to begin, when greedy players and agents lower their demands and expectations, greedy clubs lower their valuations and one transfer enables an other. This has been the quietest summer for years in terms of transfers!

I disagree.

I don't think we should have to accept a net spend on the squad less than Dougs final summer. I don't see why that's acceptable at all.

well, if there are no players that doesnt suit his play style, or the ones that do are out of our price range, then what? just buy random player for the fun of it?

Im sure theres a underlying plan, which we dont know about.

I personally think the spending will come either later this window or in the next, i rather see them buying smartly and spending money where its needed, rather than blowing it just to have a higher net spend than a previous owner.

The this is a utter utter joke and heads need to roll the fact is we had NRC spend 8mi and let him go for 0 we had King Carlos and he went for 0 we signed warnock for 9m that makes me wanna cry higher management should be made accountable and hold there hands up were a shambles and Lambert is the only good thing we got

surely trolling?

i must have missed the part of football where you can make other clubs bid for your players, or you can force players to sign new deals and stop them running down their contracts.

im just a fan like the rest that just cannot undersand the logic behind the slow approach to transfers we all know we need them the longer you leave it the more chance of a problem signing them and the time running out, imagine the scenario we get to deadline day and misss out on 3 signings because the times run out I will be furious

yeah we are deliberately going slow on transfers. we got in KEA, lowton, holman and vlaar early. got rid of collins, cuellar etc quickly and have been trying to sell the other crap the manager doesnt want like hutton and warnock. thats pretty decent going considering a lot of transfers (especially those for higher calibre players) don't happen until the end of the window

why have man u taken so long to get RVP in. they have been interested all summer yet only sign him a few days before the season starts? it doesn't happen in real like on football manager.

If you actually read my posts I said just before that post that it was specifically not his fault entirely.

The squad isn't half as poor as people are making out. Not top 8 quality obviously but certainly not bottom 5 quality either.

It probably isn't and we did have a lot of injuries last year. But the aim is still to stay up IMO. We are a relegation candidate and there is no denying that.

Last season we probably had the easiest start to a season I can ever remember. It was probably because of that we are stil a PL team. I'm sorry for all the negativity but at least this way I won't be disappointed. I will be more than happy to be proven wrong and made to eàt my words.

Ps - I started a thread last January called relegation and I got destroyed by fans. 4 months later it was the most active thread. Sometimes you have to be honest about what you see and feel.

I disagree.

well, if there are no players that doesnt suit his play style, or the ones that do are out of our price range, then what? just buy random player for the fun of it?

I personally think the spending will come either later this window or in the next, i rather see them buying smartly and spending money where its needed, rather than blowing it just to have a higher net spend than a previous owner.

I don't believe that Lambert hasn't identified any players that he thinks could improve us.

I think given the go ahead Lambert would have had better replacements signed by now.

I don't believe that Lambert hasn't identified any players that he thinks could improve us.

I think given the go ahead Lambert would have had better replacements signed by now.

we just got henke in, im sure he will have some play in this, maybe it was a matter of waiting for him and hearing what he had to say?

sure there will be some restrictions on and im not saying there are no options at all out there, economical restraints arent something new for us. But there is alot of things that needs to click than just finding the right player. He might have inquired into a couple and they simply might not want to live in birmingham?

the players lamber might have lined up will need to be replaced by the other club, they arent going to sell if they have no one to take their place.

what im trying to get at is that economics is just one bit that needs to fit.

I think Joe Bennett is on his way to us. He has said he has to cancel his twitter account for a few days! After the Vlaar debacle I think the club are ring extra safe on leaks now.

Yup,im totally adding 1 and 1 and getting 4 but I just have a notion.

I disagree.

I agree which is why I'll leave judgements on transfer activity for after the window closes. I remember Gregory's first season we started the first game with Scimeca up front and a threadbare squad. We won 3-1 but a month later we had Dion and Merson in the team and looked the business. Anything can happen yet.

If no more players are brought in then we can all have a whole season to moan about it. So just wait 6 weeks lads then you can all let rip!

It probably isn't and we did have a lot of injuries last year. But the aim is still to stay up IMO. We are a relegation candidate and there is no denying that.

Last season we probably had the easiest start to a season I can ever remember. It was probably because of that we are stil a PL team. I'm sorry for all the negativity but at least this way I won't be disappointed. I will be more than happy to be proven wrong and made to eàt my words.

Ps - I started a thread last January called relegation and I got destroyed by fans. 4 months later it was the most active thread. Sometimes you have to be honest about what you see and feel.

We are most definitely not relegation candidates. McLeish is gone. Lambert got Norwich into midtable last season with a poorer squad so I don't know why people think he can't do it here.