General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much can we expect in Tv revenue Qwpzxjor?

Don't ask me. There was a thread about it in Other Football. 4bn over the 13-14 season wasn't it? Would probably leave 1.5-2bn to be spread between all the football clubs.

I don't know the numbers - just saying that it'd be a bad year to go down. As clubs coming up would immediately get the 300m or whatever the cut may be, making it almost impossible for newly promoted clubs to ever properly compete. This is a different discussion, but IMO this is why we're seeing some bigger spending than usual at the bottom of the table.

I have complete faith in Lambert but looking at these teams that are strengthening it worries me in a big way I had ear marked us for 9th to 14th but with the likes of QPR, Southampton getting in some good players, while IMO our squad is weaker than last year can't help but think we may have to have a good look over our shoulder. Everyone was on about how Lambert likes to rotate his squad so much but I dont think he will be able to to be honest. Probably just nerves but we need to splash a lot of cash in the coming weeks.

we are not working with an unlimited budget or a budget as high as other clubs thats just something we have to accept.

I disagree.

I don't think we should have to accept a net spend on the squad less than Dougs final summer. I don't see why that's acceptable at all.

Since you are clearly hard of thinking I'm going to say this slowly.....perhaps it would also help you to copy it down, maybe in crayon?

THERE......IS........NO.......MONEY.......TO.......SPEND.

WE......NEED.......TO.......SELL........PLAYERS........TO.........FREE.......UP........MONEY.........WE........WOULD.......HAVE........PAID.......THEM.......TO.......PAY.........SOMEONE......ELSE.

We are working to a budget.... makes the disaster of last season even more futile if Randy then says, "Ah **** it, Big John 10 is comparing me to Doug, I'd bertter piss more of my inheritance into this loss making operation."

Is there no money to spend or is Lerner just choosing not to spend without selling first.

I find it hard to believe that we will go bankrupt if we go over what our current wage bill is, and if that's the case how do we expect to ever be back competing again? We have a billionnaire owner who just recently pocketed another billion pounds. Our income is higher that the majority of teams in the prem. The tv deal has recently been renegotiated guaranteeing more money next year. Our sponsorship deal and kit deal are both higher than the previous ones and our wages to revenue percentage is now at around 50%

So..............you.............can.............speak............as...........slow.........as.......you.............want.

There is no way we literally have no money.

For those who say we do or don't have much money to spend can they tell me what our actual transfer budget is? I mean if both sides are so sure of their opinion then they should know? No-one has answered this yet.

I may be wrong but i would hazard a guess that the only people who really know what our transfer policy is, is our new manager and the board.

No idea what the budget is but it's clear what the approach is.

The new TV money doesn't come in untill next season.

He said that he's saying clubs are trying to spend more so they will still be around to get it next year.

Yes..

Survive the 2012-13 season and you'll be in the Premiership for the 13-14 season, where you'd expect every club to pocket around 300m minimum. Even if they went down again in 13-14 season, they'd have 300m in the bank.

I'd put money on Ramirez having a relegation release clause. Fingers crossed they go straight back down and we can swoop for him for a cut price when the re-buidling continues next summer (if he looks decent).

I think we'll still see a few transfers in the next few weeks.

West Ham don't have the most dangerous of attacks so I think a back four of Lichaj-Clark-Vlaar-Lowton will be okay for now.

I expect to see us buy a LB and a striker, along with Hutton AND Warnock being shipped out for cut prices in the final days of the window (which personally, I don't think will effect our activity before their departures).

I don't actually think we'll bring in a winger or an AMC.

At the fan meeting, Lambert said he wants to improve the service to Bent, but as we play with attacking fullbacks, I think he'll just bring in a decent fullback to replace Warnock. I think the wide positions will be easily filled by N'Zogbia, Holman, Ireland & Albrighton.

-------------------- Given ----------------------

Lowton --- Vlaar --------- Clark --- Cresswell

--------- El Ahmadi ------- Bannan ------------

N'Zogbia -------------------------------- Ireland

------------- Bent ---------- NEW ST ------------

I'd put money on Ramirez having a relegation release clause. Fingers crossed they go straight back down and we can swoop for him for a cut price when the re-buidling continues next summer (if he looks decent).

I think we'll still see a few transfers in the next few weeks.

West Ham don't have the most dangerous of attacks so I think a back four of Lichaj-Clark-Vlaar-Lowton will be okay for now.

I expect to see us buy a LB and a striker, along with Hutton AND Warnock being shipped out for cut prices in the final days of the window (which personally, I don't think will effect our activity before their departures).

I don't actually think we'll bring in a winger or an AMC.

At the fan meeting, Lambert said he wants to improve the service to Bent, but as we play with attacking fullbacks, I think he'll just bring in a decent fullback to replace Warnock. I think the wide positions will be easily filled by N'Zogbia, Holman, Ireland & Albrighton.

-------------------- Given ----------------------

Lowton --- Vlaar --------- Clark --- Cresswell

--------- El Ahmadi ------- Bannan ------------

N'Zogbia -------------------------------- Ireland

------------- Bent ---------- NEW ST ------------

Can't see us buying a new striker unless it's Carroll on loan. I think there are more important positions to fill when you consider we have good wingers and Bent has always played best up front alone.

--------- Al Ahmadi -------- Herd ----------

Holmann --------- Ireland ------ N'Zogbia

--------------------- Bent ----------------

Villa boss Paul Lambert today hinted Stoke’s Kenwyne Jones and England hero Jermain Defoe are high on his transfer wish-list.

The pair have both been linked with Villa in recent weeks and Lambert is thought to be keen to add more firepower to his forward line.

And when asked if Jones and Spurs star Defoe were among his targets, Lambert said: “You’re talking about two really good players and two different types of players there

“I think a club this size will be linked with players of that ilk.

“I don’t think you ever stop looking for players and you always keep your eye out.

“Whether they come in or not we will have to wait and see but any manager will tell you they are always on the lookout for players.

“I’ll never stop looking. If anything happens, it will happen. Will there be any new faces? We’ll see.”

Lambert revealed that there have been no offers for defenders Stephen Warnock and Alan Hutton who have both been told they can leave the club.

Lambert said: “No, not at the minute.

“I’ve picked a squad which can go to West Ham tomorrow and do a job. I’ve spoken to Stephen and Alan and they know the situation here. That will remain private but they know the situation with what’s going on.

“If something happens then we’ll see.”

The Villa boss also confirmed that midfielder Brett Holman has recovered from the ankle injury he sustained while on international duty with Australia against Scotland during the week.

He added: “Brett Holman’s fine and I think that he was taken off as a precaution. Gabby Agbonlahor, Marc Albrighton and Richard Dunne are still out. Chris Herd trained yesterday and he is fine but Nathan Delfouneso is a doubt.”

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/aston-villa-fc/2012/08/17/lambert-eyeing-kenwyne-jones-and-jermain-defoe/

Villa boss Paul Lambert today hinted Stoke’s Kenwyne Jones and England hero Jermain Defoe are high on his transfer wish-list.

The pair have both been linked with Villa in recent weeks and Lambert is thought to be keen to add more firepower to his forward line.

And when asked if Jones and Spurs star Defoe were among his targets, Lambert said: “You’re talking about two really good players and two different types of players there

“I think a club this size will be linked with players of that ilk.

“I don’t think you ever stop looking for players and you always keep your eye out.

“Whether they come in or not we will have to wait and see but any manager will tell you they are always on the lookout for players.

“I’ll never stop looking. If anything happens, it will happen. Will there be any new faces? We’ll see.”

Lambert revealed that there have been no offers for defenders Stephen Warnock and Alan Hutton who have both been told they can leave the club.

Lambert said: “No, not at the minute.

“I’ve picked a squad which can go to West Ham tomorrow and do a job. I’ve spoken to Stephen and Alan and they know the situation here. That will remain private but they know the situation with what’s going on.

“If something happens then we’ll see.”

The Villa boss also confirmed that midfielder Brett Holman has recovered from the ankle injury he sustained while on international duty with Australia against Scotland during the week.

He added: “Brett Holman’s fine and I think that he was taken off as a precaution. Gabby Agbonlahor, Marc Albrighton and Richard Dunne are still out. Chris Herd trained yesterday and he is fine but Nathan Delfouneso is a doubt.”

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/aston-villa-fc/2012/08/17/lambert-eyeing-kenwyne-jones-and-jermain-defoe/

:( ... I'd really hate it if we signed either of those players. I don't think we will.

Indeed clear out the over paid rubbish that won't get a game next season before we have the money in the budget available to sign a replacement.

Hmmm, I'm not too happy that he hasn't ruled Defoe or Jones out. Defoe would be on high wages and is getting on & Jones seems like an ass.

I trust Lambert, but I really hope we'd go for a younger player with potential.

Qwpzxjor1, we've been playing with 2 strikers all pre-season, so I think we'll stick with that.

Hmmm, I'm not too happy that he hasn't ruled Defoe or Jones out. Defoe would be on high wages and is getting on & Jones seems like an ass.

I trust Lambert, but I really hope we'd go for a younger player with potential.

Qwpzxjor1, we've been playing with 2 strikers all pre-season, so I think we'll stick with that.

But in fairness, he hasnt ruled me out either.

I wouldnt read too much into it at this stage.

we have good wingers

Don't agree at all.

Albrighton has gone right off the boil and is injured.

Holman is not a proper winger.

Nzogbia was awful last season and has looked equally as poor throughout Pre season.

I think we are in desperate need of a wide player.

Indeed clear out the over paid rubbish that won't get a game next season before we have the money in the budget available to sign a replacement.

:lol:

Even the people who disagree with me don't agree with you. I don't think there's many fans who truly believe we can't afford to spend.

Some think selling the crap before buying is the right approach but barely any of them believe it's because we literally have no money.

You just ignoring all the reasons in my previous post then?