General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How some of you managed to be the quickest sperm out of the ball sack I will never know! Fair enough, It is a public forum and everyone is entitled to their opinions but some of the stuff I've just read over the last 7 or 8 pages is beyond dumb! Surely, some of it has got to be "trolling"!?!

Anyway, while I am nowhere near hitting the panic button, I was definitely hoping for a few more arrivals before tomorrow. Obviously that won't be happening now but I would expect to see at least two more new faces in before the window shuts. I know we still need to sort the defence out but my main concern is up front if Bent gets injured. Actually, even if he does stay fit, we can't just rely on Bent to score. A winger/ACM is needed too. There are no guarantees that Ireland and N'Zogbia are both going to have a much better season. Who is going to create the chances if them pair are playing shit!?!

Why do the BBC have him everywhere but only give Big Dion limited appearances? Savage sounds like he's on helium.

Because Savage has done strictly come dancing and they think that will encourage more women to watch the football.

Us men will watch it, whoever they put on. (we've watched it inspire of Lawrenson for years)

we are not working with an unlimited budget or a budget as high as other clubs thats just something we have to accept.

I disagree.

I don't think we should have to accept a net spend on the squad less than Dougs final summer. I don't see why that's acceptable at all.

Since you are clearly hard of thinking I'm going to say this slowly.....perhaps it would also help you to copy it down, maybe in crayon?

THERE......IS........NO.......MONEY.......TO.......SPEND.

WE......NEED.......TO.......SELL........PLAYERS........TO.........FREE.......UP........MONEY.........WE........WOULD.......HAVE........PAID.......THEM.......TO.......PAY.........SOMEONE......ELSE.

We are working to a budget.... makes the disaster of last season even more futile if Randy then says, "Ah **** it, Big John 10 is comparing me to Doug, I'd bertter piss more of my inheritance into this loss making operation."

We had complaints for signing premier experienced players because they cost too much nd were not exciting, we should be signing players from abroad and the up and coming ones that's the way to o apparently.

Now we sign those from abroad and the young up and coming ones we get told we should have signed players with premier experience. Sorry but you can't have it both ways.

In terms of the squad, let's see what we have at the end of the window shall we before we slit our wrists.

But to remind you his time last year we had lost our two best players, had one of the worst managers in league history and were looking forward to the signing of Hutton and him being a regular in our side next to the likes of Heskey and Collins. Hutton won't play for us again, Collins has left, Heskey has gone to be replaced by. Lad with more talent and goals scored than Heskey and we have one of the best young managers in the country who most wanted and never thought we could attract.

We will not get relegated or be close to it and you should not be swayed by the words of a class a bell end like savage

Richard

I think savage is a wrongen but I am concerned with the so called balancing of the books way of doing things, Jean Makoun going on loan thatsa joke we should play him hes our player. If we get Cresswell at LB and fans expect himt to shine forget it he was at tranmere then ipswich and possibly us thats the same leap as lowton get a grip people the leap is too big

how do you know the leap is too big........ players have to start somewhere...... ask people like Ian Taylor, David Platt, Mark Delaney, Kevin Phillips, Ian Wright, Joe Allen etc...... whether they think their grounding in the lower divisions didnt help them....

total arrogance from modern day fans too think lower division players wont make the step up because the prem is so great.....

Jean Makoun going on loan thatsa joke we should play him hes our player

It would seem he has no desire to play for us. He's deliberately failing the basic English test to acquire a work permit so he can stay abroad. Even so, he can't speak good enough English to communicate with players around him.

Makoun is as good as gone already, we might as well get him out on loan and save the wages. I'm not sure what the rule is on someone who's under contract but then doesn't have a work permit, would we still have to pay the wages? Not sure this has ever happened before..

We really need to move Warnock on and get a left back in. Be bad to start the season now with Warnock as our only choice - because even if you think Warnock is a half-decent player, Lambert has made it public knowledge he doesn't want Warnock there. Makes him kinda unplayable now.

Warnock and Hutton need to be moved on. Once we've done that I can see a few signings.

This is my theory:

The more I think about it, the more I think that Hutton and Warnock (if they do leave) will only leave on the final days of the window. Its quite well publicised that we are struggling to shift these two. If you were a manager you would wait until the last few days to force our hands, seeing as we are that desperate. Would not be surprised if Martin O Neils makes a last minute ditched bid for Warnock, as for Hutton **** knows who would want him lol.

If this is the case, we got to move for players regardless of whether they leave or not, we must have a contingency plan in case they do not move on.

OT - but I have offerred my Gunners supporting mate to pick any Arsenal player he wants for the season in a goals match bet with Darren Bent, he hasnt told me who he is picking yet but do you think it's a good bet for me or him? €50 to the winner come May, Premier League goals only.

we are not working with an unlimited budget or a budget as high as other clubs thats just something we have to accept.

I disagree.

I don't think we should have to accept a net spend on the squad less than Dougs final summer. I don't see why that's acceptable at all.

Since you are clearly hard of thinking I'm going to say this slowly.....perhaps it would also help you to copy it down, maybe in crayon?

WE......NEED.......TO.......SELL........PLAYERS........TO.........FREE.......UP........MONEY.........WE........WOULD.......HAVE........PAID.......THEM.......TO.......PAY.........SOMEONE......ELSE.

We are working to a budget.... makes the disaster of last season even more futile if Randy then says, "Ah **** it, Big John 10 is comparing me to Doug, I'd bertter piss more of my inheritance into this loss making operation."

Is there no money to spend or is Lerner just choosing not to spend without selling first.

I find it hard to believe that we will go bankrupt if we go over what our current wage bill is, and if that's the case how do we expect to ever be back competing again? We have a billionnaire owner who just recently pocketed another billion pounds. Our income is higher that the majority of teams in the prem. The tv deal has recently been renegotiated guaranteeing more money next year. Our sponsorship deal and kit deal are both higher than the previous ones and our wages to revenue percentage is now at around 50%

So..............you.............can.............speak............as...........slow.........as.......you.............want.

There is no way we literally have no money.

I don't know about anybody else but i am going to be very worried when i see Lowton,Vlaar,Clark, Lichaj/Stevens lining up against West Ham...

The defence needed a complete revamp after last year and i wasn't expecting us to do it in one summer but that back four wasn't quite what i had in mind...

as much as i dislike Warnock (at the risk of getting crucified on here) if we lined up Lowton,Vlaar,Dunne,Warnock tomorrow I would be more confident...

experience defensively counts for a lot and Lowton,Clark,Lichaj all together is a huge risk...

we simply have to improve our full back situation coz Lambert is really gambling on Warnock and Hutton not being here...

and what happens come Sept 1st when they still are?

I disagree.

Is there no money to spend or is Lerner just choosing not to spend without selling first.

I find it hard to believe that we will go bankrupt if we go over what our current wage bill is, and if that's the case how do we expect to ever be back competing again? We have a billionnaire owner who just recently pocketed another billion pounds. Our income is higher that the majority of teams in the prem. The tv deal has recently been renegotiated guaranteeing more money next year. Our sponsorship deal and kit deal are both higher than the previous ones and our wages to revenue percentage is now at around 50%

So..............you.............can.............speak............as...........slow.........as.......you.............want.

There is no way we literally have no money.

For those who say we do or don't have much money to spend can they tell me what our actual transfer budget is? I mean if both sides are so sure of their opinion then they should know? No-one has answered this yet.

I may be wrong but i would hazard a guess that the only people who really know what our transfer policy is, is our new manager and the board.

This is a massive season with the new TV rights. Relegation this year could set clubs back hugely as the profits for Premiership clubs will just swamp even the most successful Championship clubs. I think that's why QPR, Southampton, Reading, etc.. are spending bigger than newly promoted sides normally do.