Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

he gets unnecessary criticism as he isn't a flashy midfielder that will rifle in 20 yard strikes or dribble past players, same as Westwood. He is a good honest pro and one of our best players last season with his workrate and postiitoning

Not how I would describe Westwood.

he gets unnecessary criticism as he isn't a flashy midfielder that will rifle in 20 yard strikes or dribble past players, same as Westwood. He is a good honest pro and one of our best players last season with his workrate and postiitoning

either did I ;)

either did I ;)

Yes, I see it now.  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Chipped in with some important goals and is a grafter. Think he'll have a good season after the previous two have been a big adjustment period for him. Missing a big chunk of the first season through injury plus the African nations would have held him back also.

Edited by villan_007

The reason we struggled last season is because we have too many rather poor players, who simply struggle to cope at Premiership level. Ahmadi is a classic example, although not the only one. Hope to see him gone soon. But given the current state of the club as regards the impending sale, I fear we may be stuck with him and various others who will once again struggle.

• 5 weeks later...

The Sun are reporting that he is homesick and wants a move back to Holland.

Karim ready to go Dutch again

By STAFF REPORTER Published: 16th August 2014

KARIM EL AHMADI wants to quit Aston Villa — because he is homesick.

The Dutch-born Morocco international joined Villa from Feyenoord in 2012.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5832921/Karim-El-Ahmadi-ready-to-quit-Aston-Villa.html

It's possible we could get by without him till xmas,,,Sanchez, Delph, Westwood, Gardner, Joe Cole, Herd, Richardson all feasible options for 2/3 positions but yeah I have a feeling another midfield will still come in.

Edited by VillaChris

Â