Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

Well bugga me!! Are Aston Villa finally are looking outside the Premier League? if so it's about time as there is some real talent out there.

I know nothing about this player but one of the many things we were missing last season was players that could pass the ball to each other and keep possession. From those videos he can do that but Lambert will have to sign a few more who can do this otherwise he will never get it back ;-)

If this is true it looks like PL has quickly realised what we were all banging on about, you can only get so far with kick and rush counter football hopefully PL will buy players who want to keep possession and not panic and hoof it forward to a 50/50 (at best) all the time. Some of our stats for last season were awful.

We're buying a player from abroad who is good on the ball? I'll believe it when I see it. That's not a dig at Lambert by the way, but this isn't the kind of signing we'd usually make. Would be very pleased if true and would also obliterate my fears about Lambert only buying British.

Agreed. Regardless of whether he works out or not just the signing of players who are scouted from other leagues and who are able to help us play a more skillfull game would be great.

If he signs and plays anything like in that video, it will be a refreshing change to have a player who passes then immediately moves into space and makes himself available for a pass!!

Like what I see so far.

He looks like a more effective version of Delph.

Makoun El Ahmadi Ireland in midfield.

The passing will be slick!

Has a player rating of 5 on SSN

As does every player not in the Premier League. Its a waste of time that rating even being there.

I agree. I have wasted almost four seconds being worried about his 5/10 rating, only to learn that it doesn't mean anything.

If he signs and plays anything like in that video, it will be a refreshing change to have a player who passes then immediately moves into space and makes himself available for a pass!!

Like what I see so far.

He looks like a more effective version of Delph.

Makoun El Ahmadi Ireland in midfield.

The passing will be slick!

Was just about to post the same - theorhetically it should work out well!

Interesting really.

Was a bit curious as to why he went to Al Ahli (thought Gyan mk II) but apparently Feyenoord needed to sign a striker and the financial situation isn't the best there so they had to loan him out (he also fell out with the previous manager it seems).

From what I read he has had a good season for Feyenoord and has been used as a playmaker too.

Could be decent business but also quite the surprise too.

Quite excited by this due to him being pretty much unknown to me. He could be our very own Cheik Tiote, if he's anywhere near his level we're on to a winner. For the price we can't go wrong, goin to be an interesting summer ahead.

i have no previous knowledge of the guy but is encouraging to hear "Feynoord" fan say that he can make the step up and is sad to see him go....

im never one to jump on the youtube video band wagon but if videos are being made of him surely he is doing something right....

on those vids he looks very very mobile, always looking to pass and then immediately move, looking to pass forward...

his workrate looks very good and it appears he has a good engine, the way he ran back 50 yards to tackle at 3.10 on the video was particularly pleasing....

our CM midfield has been soooooooooo static the past couple of years due to shit players or an ageing Petrov....

it will be nice to see a person in their who will cause problems for the oppositions midfield by moving around and keeping us ticking over....

oh and a nice price too...

hope it comes off

Â