Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

If we do sign him, presumably he's Petrov's replacement?

I hope we get a Premier League class replacement actually.

I think El-Ahmadi was good for Feijenoord but any level higher than the Eredivisie and I doub't he'd make it.

He's not that physically strong and while his vision is spot on I think he needs too much time on the ball to make those forward passes.

Would be pleased with this deal, assuming he's backup and not for the first team, but would also prefer Clasie for a couple million more.

I think El-Ahmadi was good for Feijenoord but any level higher than the Eredivisie and I doub't he'd make it.

He's not that physically strong and while his vision is spot on I think he needs too much time on the ball to make those forward passes.

Would be pleased with this deal, assuming he's backup and not for the first team, but would also prefer Clasie for a couple million more.

Makoun, Gardner and Clasie? Fighting for one position.. Doubt that'll happen.

I'd pretty much guarantee it is...27 years old, good engine, decent passer, & a natural holding midfielder.

I'd be happy with this deal.

I think Makoun will replace Petrov.

We shall see. Good times.

Has a player rating of 5 on SSN

I have absolutely no idea what this means

Yes, if somebody finds out, let me know.

He's obviously using it as some FM style statistic, hrnce on a scale of 1-10. Meaning he is supposed to be merely average because Sky said so. duuuuu :lol:

Not to mention we don't know how they are coming up with their rating.. Are they watching him for Feyenoord and saying "he's a 9/10 for them but in the Premier League that's equivalent to a 5/10" we just don't know how they work it out. I mean we know he's a pretty top player for Feyenoord but like everyone his success at Villa will depend solely on his time here, not on some arbitrary number.

Has a player rating of 5 on SSN

I have absolutely no idea what this means

Yes, if somebody finds out, let me know.

He's obviously using it as some FM style statistic, hrnce on a scale of 1-10. Meaning he is supposed to be merely average because Sky said so. duuuuu :lol:

I am led to believe, correct me if anyone is better informed, that a player 5 rating is 'below average' quality. Voted by a selection of sky representatives and fans. To put it in to perspective Given is 6.7, Makoun 5.0 and Albrighton 6.2

Player ratings are featured on each match report that appears on the site during the season and you can also see a players average rating on their player profile.

From SKY Sports

El Ahmadi is deffo Premier League material and especially for Villa (if you don't mind me saying). Clasie is nowhere near PL level mainly because of his physique. He was subbed many a time this season because he had trouble adapting to the pace of the Eredivisie and therefore got tired after 70 mins. El Ahmadi was the real engine in midfield and he helped Clasie massively. When El Ahmadi wasn't in the team the midfield was 2 levels less.

El Ahmadi will not be the dominant creative playmaker on the ball (you rightly say that he is a bit of a mailman on the ball) but he can truly dominate a midfield and make sure that your team stays on the attack when pressing high up on the pitch.

For the people that do not know him...the vid below sums him up completely

2.8 million euro's? So that's 2.2 - 2.3 million pounds approximately. I don't know too much about him but from what I remember he isn't too bad. Worth a gamble for that sort of money. I imagine we'd be able to get him on wages of between 15-20 grand a week. Low risk.

He looks a bit like that bald wizard in Game of Thrones, the one that could mirror himself several places at the same time. Could be very useful in our midfield!

Â