No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

I had a day out yesterday, and this thread jumped by over 50 pages.

Looking through few points.

I think that Mr Lerner's covert (not overt, CI) operation would have gone off completely without incident, had I not reported things on here. That isn't a declaration of pride, quite the opposite today, as I have given discomfort to Mr.Lerner, OGS, and a number of people in Norway, something of which I am not proud, and do not intend to repeat.

I misread two things.

Firstly, the feeling that the fact that the man was being collected was more than just for a chat.

Secondly, that this would not be 'Big in Norway'. On a week where our sports media were overindulging big time on the impending '6th place in the league final' and the managerial search of one of English football's red aristocracy, Villa stories were very low grade. I was foolish to not think about the consequences elsewhere.

Thursday was great. We had the fun of watching betting markets move, and we had the first really positive thread on VT for a long time, the AM departure notwithstanding.

As someone who felt that there was a strong possibility of Lambert being hired, with the prospect of more of the same, I was /am excited and seduced by the thought of OGS as our manager

As the frenzy built up through Friday, things began to get messy, to the point that perhaps an OGS appointment may have been jeopardised.

To those of you who may stand to lose money, I told you that he was coming, and he came. If you end up winning some, don't thank me, just make a donation towards the running of the site (repeating myself, in case anyone missed it last time). If you lose all your money, that was your choice.

I had another candidate for you Thursday, which I dismissed on a number of points, and therefore did not offer up on here. It was based upon the arrival for the day of a private jet that is owned by someone closely associated with a highly experienced and well known manager. That person does not show up anywhere on the bookies, but does actually meet one important element of VT criteria, the letter with which his name ends :winkold: .I concluded that the visiting aircraft was nothing to do with the Villa as said person is extremely busy at the moment, but then he may have been over for an 'informal chat'

:winkold:

All jokes aside, I will no longer be reporting unusual movements of Mr Lerner's private jet. I will restrict myself to using my knowledge to stand up for the owner on here when the 'no longer interested' criticism is levelled at him.

I gave you running commentary during the takeover, Carew, Houllier and now OGS. I am retiring :)

Sorry to hear that as its nice to see actual information rather than just the usual extreme views, arguments and threads going nowhere that has been happening recently

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a day out yesterday, and this thread jumped by over 50 pages.

Looking through few points.

I think that Mr Lerner's covert (not overt, CI) operation would have gone off completely without incident, had I not reported things on here. That isn't a declaration of pride, quite the opposite today, as I have given discomfort to Mr.Lerner, OGS, and a number of people in Norway, something of which I am not proud, and do not intend to repeat.

I misread two things.

Firstly, the feeling that the fact that the man was being collected was more than just for a chat.

Secondly, that this would not be 'Big in Norway'. On a week where our sports media were overindulging big time on the impending '6th place in the league final' and the managerial search of one of English football's red aristocracy, Villa stories were very low grade. I was foolish to not think about the consequences elsewhere.

Thursday was great. We had the fun of watching betting markets move, and we had the first really positive thread on VT for a long time, the AM departure notwithstanding.

As someone who felt that there was a strong possibility of Lambert being hired, with the prospect of more of the same, I was /am excited and seduced by the thought of OGS as our manager

As the frenzy built up through Friday, things began to get messy, to the point that perhaps an OGS appointment may have been jeopardised.

To those of you who may stand to lose money, I told you that he was coming, and he came. If you end up winning some, don't thank me, just make a donation towards the running of the site (repeating myself, in case anyone missed it last time). If you lose all your money, that was your choice.

I had another candidate for you Thursday, which I dismissed on a number of points, and therefore did not offer up on here. It was based upon the arrival for the day of a private jet that is owned by someone closely associated with a highly experienced and well known manager. That person does not show up anywhere on the bookies, but does actually meet one important element of VT criteria, the letter with which his name ends :winkold: .I concluded that the visiting aircraft was nothing to do with the Villa as said person is extremely busy at the moment, but then he may have been over for an 'informal chat'

All jokes aside, I will no longer be reporting unusual movements of Mr Lerner's private jet. I will restrict myself to using my knowledge to stand up for the owner on here when the 'no longer interested' criticism is levelled at him.

I gave you running commentary during the takeover, Carew, Houllier and now OGS. I am retiring :)

Hopefully not retiring from posting to VT altogether.

As I wrote couple pages back, I think the whole debacle in Norway would've hit the news anyway since Rökke is class A nutjob, and (at least according to some news) hit the roof with "I'm pulling the financing if you go!" nonsense.

If we get someone young and who want us to play attractive football we should give them time to build the team.

Personally i just want a manager who will play exiting football and makes it fun to watch again, that manager whoever it will be i will give time and support to build the team, after all football is entertainment. When that is said for me in norway it would be nice with OSG because Villa will get a lot of media coverage here, more games will be chosen as the main televised match at 4 (3 o clock over here) o clock saturdays and hopefully all that attention will get a lot of norwegian children wearing Villa shirts.

Trees, don't be hard on yourself. You did what every single one of us would do if we had access to your information. You weren't to know how it would pan out, because you didn't know what was going on behind the scenes.

If you don't want to post your information on here any more, fair enough. Just go straight to the bookies after firing off a p.m. or two. Me first!

Houllier, tons of experience

McLeish, tons of experience

DOL, tons of experience

McCarthy, tons of experience

Etc etc etc etc. I know they are very specific examples and there are plenty with experience who have been successful and pleanty without who haven't. But I do doubt the importance of having loads of experience at the top level. Look at Mourinho, Guardiola, AVB etc. It seem that you're either cut out for management or you're not. And it seems OGS is.

If it all goes pea-shaped then at least we tried something adventurous. My biggest fear is that he wont be given time by the fans. If we were around 15th by December (which is almost a certainty without investment) people will be calling for his head and the Ole Out banners will be up. I think if we're serious about this it has to be viewed as a project

This is my stance exactly. I'm sick to death of the 'usual suspects' with the requisite experience.

OGS, as a long-term project, please.

Have to say Trees, that CI is right.You was'nt the only poster who reported the OGS interest.Somebody told me about he was told about the interest on Thurs, so don't beat yourself too much over it.

Have to say your contribution was fantastically entertaining, and would'nt have OGS, and the consequences of coming, happened anyway?

Anyone care to shed a little light on this hint?

Thanks for the info btw Trees, it was fun watching it unflod on Thursday and Friday.

I think the only people who have cause to be pissed off with TheTrees are the bookies. And it's all in the game for them, people win and lose on 'inside info' every day.

Norwegian media has a habit of making even the smallest of things into a circus, not your fault things have been blown out of proportitions.

OSG is kind of a national treasure over here and i guess if he were to announce what he was having for breakfast it would also be a small notice in a newspaper somewhere :)

Trees, I think I posted elsewhere that sometimes these things take on a life of their own.

There is no way you could have known this would have grown to the extent it did. The fact the club play things so close to their chest is exactly the reason why we on here crave the information guys like you bring.

Don't stop now, keep the tantalizing tidbits coming!

Here's a funny thing. People are now placing the fact that the manager should have some Premier League experience - Lambert,Martinez. Last year it was Randy's criteria of PL experience is narrow minded etc. How many wanted Lambert last year or the year before? How many wanted Adkins - he's not got experience at the top level. But many wanted him.

Now we have OGS - managing "a team equivalent to Championship/league 1" with part-time players not deemed good enough for Villa (Eikrem).

Yorke came from a "tin-pot" league - but turned out fair!

How many times have we moaned we should be looking at the unknown rather than playing "safe"?

People argued that Lambert won the CL with Dortmund - played at the highest level - etc - well so has OGS.

Wouldn't it be great to for once hear Villa being mentioned and being hated again rather than being a laughing stock because we have a young vibrant manager who may well be a success. He may fail but so would Lambert and anyone else. It is not an exact science - but taking the risk just might pay off!

This is gonna be a rollercoaster and I'm looking forward to it!

That is the second great post i've read of yours in 2 days!

Well said and very much correct too! Get OGS in and let's do something different for a change. We're not going to win the league but let's change the way things have been and have a different approach. Give Ole the job Randy, give Ole time fans, and let's see where this rollercoaster takes us. We might just have a good time! :D

Trees, I don't think you should beat yourself up too much

The plane was spotted and reported by others in Norway so it's not like it was just you reporting Lerners movements

Solskjaer would have also still missed training on the Friday and the sponsors probably would have blown a fuse anyway so it's not your fault at all, thetrees.

Besides, I think it may have helped our cause. All the media going mad in Norway could have helped convince Solskjaer of the size of the club he was being interviewed by.

Milenko, just so I get some perspective, who's bigger over there OGS or aHa ?

In the 80s aHa, middle of 90s -> present day OSG

I think that aHa actually might have been more popular in the rest of the world more than over here. aHa have had multiple breaks other bands and solo projects along the years but their farewell tour was a big deal.

Any way in my world OSG is bigger, but anyone who makes it big outside our country is a huge star here and gets a lot of attention. Remember it is only five million of us. :D

Ok cheers that gives me a sense of how famous OGS is over there now

This is clearly a big story over there

With respect to the trees little riddle above, the only rumour I heard yesterday was that Paulo Di Canio had been at BH yesterday ? Can't see it myself and not sure how that fits with last letter of name ?

Trees, it's like any espionage. They should be thankful people are keeping them on their toes. If high flying footy types want to do secret under the radar ops they probably shouldn't do it in their private jets.

For all you know this was a way of gauging opinion, it's just taken off a bit more than they could have expected. Different weather and Villa Talk could have been shouting about why on earth we were interviewing another Fergie recommendation but this time with no managerial experiance and no proven ability to deal with the awkward squad in our dressing room.

It can't be that hard to have a quiet informal secret talk if you put your mind to it.

It was done with good intentions. End of.

It's a learning curve for Lerner and co. I just wish the curve was a little steeper!

Just seeing that Daniel Johnson has been the stand out player at HK Sevens tournament.

Can you imagine what an attack minded, forward thinking inspirational coach might be able to do with some of

our starlets like Johnson & Burke et al..... not to mention the guys who have established themselves in the first team

All of whom have been woefully lacking confidence for much of this season.

That's why I think everyone was so excited by the link with OGS.

I will apologise for my misspelling on page 153, two times in the same post i wrote OSG instead of OGS, im sorry and will try not to do that again. Its hard to post over and over again at the forum at the same time as the kitchen is flooding, the bathroom is on fire, the children are using my gilette mach 3 power to shave the neighbors house goat and being watched by an enormous ice bear and my car rolling downhill by itself while the stereo is pumping out aHas "hunting high and low". :)

Again im sorry...

Sincerely

Milenko :)