No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are my Solskjaer,

my Ole Solskjaer,

You make me happy,

when skies are grey,

Oh Alan Shearer,

was f*ckin dearer,

please don't take,

my Solskjaer away!

Might need to change the Alan shearer bit

He came to Villa

To be a winner

?

I had another candidate for you Thursday, which I dismissed on a number of points, and therefore did not offer up on here. It was based upon the arrival for the day of a private jet that is owned by someone closely associated with a highly experienced and well known manager. That person does not show up anywhere on the bookies, but does actually meet one important element of VT criteria, the letter with which his name ends ;)

I'm too full of a bug to be good at cryptic clues... AVB came to mind because of Villas in his surname... but re-reading the hint I'm not so sure now.

Paulo di Canio. IMHO.

Sad to hear you're retiring Trees. Will you still report Lerner's movements during the season (e.g. if he's coming over for a game)? I can't see any harm in that.

Not in the betting he said, so it would be someone completely off the wall again.
My guess is Hitzfeld.

Its the correct soundtrack when looking for clues about whos going to be the next Villa manager...

I like darker music myself, but i hope the times when Paradise lost was appropriate soundtrack is history :)

Preferably something from the Draconian Times album. ;)

Hell yeah :D Recently bought the live album where they played the entire Draconian times album, that brought back memories from my youth.

has someone had a word with you thetrees? have you had your wrists slapped? shame if so, you should be free to say what you see out of your window in your own time on a free footie forum surely?

I had another candidate for you Thursday, which I dismissed on a number of points, and therefore did not offer up on here. It was based upon the arrival for the day of a private jet that is owned by someone closely associated with a highly experienced and well known manager. That person does not show up anywhere on the bookies, but does actually meet one important element of VT criteria, the letter with which his name ends ;)

I'm too full of a bug to be good at cryptic clues... AVB came to mind because of Villas in his surname... but re-reading the hint I'm not so sure now.

Paulo di Canio. IMHO.

Quique Sánchez Flores.

If anyone wants to see a bit of Norwegian ire, and for once not directed at us, have a look at my timeline. In an act of boredom I searched #mfk and translated what they're saying. They are livid. Civil war.

If anyone wants to see a bit of Norwegian ire, and for once not directed at us, have a look at my timeline. In an act of boredom I searched #mfk and translated what they're saying. They are livid. Civil war.

Been reading your tweets with great interest Andy, quite insightful really, let's us know what the Molde fans think of it all. Much appreciated.

Milenko, just so I get some perspective, who's bigger over there OGS or aHa ?

In the 80s aHa, middle of 90s -> present day OSG

I think that aHa actually might have been more popular in the rest of the world more than over here. aHa have had multiple breaks other bands and solo projects along the years but their farewell tour was a big deal.

Any way in my world OSG is bigger, but anyone who makes it big outside our country is a huge star here and gets a lot of attention. Remember it is only five million of us. :D

Satyricon are waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy bigger than both of them :lol:

Death metal is norways biggest export :) Satyricon actually gets great reviews in the mainstream media here as well, and Sigurd Vongraven (front man in Satyricon) actually seems to be just as nice as a person as OGS.

Think you mean Black Metal dude ;).

I cannot understand why people are reading too much into this?

OGS was one of a shortlist of managers we wanted to speak to

We flew him across for an informal interview

TT gets wind and all hell breaks loose

The VT community believe he is the man and get all carried away

Molde get all bent out of shape and OGS is caught in the middle of a media frenzy

You could always argue that getting carried away is what football is all about. ;)

I had a day out yesterday, and this thread jumped by over 50 pages.

Looking through few points.

I think that Mr Lerner's covert (not overt, CI) operation would have gone off completely without incident, had I not reported things on here. That isn't a declaration of pride, quite the opposite today, as I have given discomfort to Mr.Lerner, OGS, and a number of people in Norway, something of which I am not proud, and do not intend to repeat.

I misread two things.

Firstly, the feeling that the fact that the man was being collected was more than just for a chat.

Secondly, that this would not be 'Big in Norway'. On a week where our sports media were overindulging big time on the impending '6th place in the league final' and the managerial search of one of English football's red aristocracy, Villa stories were very low grade. I was foolish to not think about the consequences elsewhere.

Thursday was great. We had the fun of watching betting markets move, and we had the first really positive thread on VT for a long time, the AM departure notwithstanding.

As someone who felt that there was a strong possibility of Lambert being hired, with the prospect of more of the same, I was /am excited and seduced by the thought of OGS as our manager

As the frenzy built up through Friday, things began to get messy, to the point that perhaps an OGS appointment may have been jeopardised.

To those of you who may stand to lose money, I told you that he was coming, and he came. If you end up winning some, don't thank me, just make a donation towards the running of the site (repeating myself, in case anyone missed it last time). If you lose all your money, that was your choice.

I had another candidate for you Thursday, which I dismissed on a number of points, and therefore did not offer up on here. It was based upon the arrival for the day of a private jet that is owned by someone closely associated with a highly experienced and well known manager. That person does not show up anywhere on the bookies, but does actually meet one important element of VT criteria, the letter with which his name ends :winkold: .I concluded that the visiting aircraft was nothing to do with the Villa as said person is extremely busy at the moment, but then he may have been over for an 'informal chat'

:winkold:

All jokes aside, I will no longer be reporting unusual movements of Mr Lerner's private jet. I will restrict myself to using my knowledge to stand up for the owner on here when the 'no longer interested' criticism is levelled at him.

I gave you running commentary during the takeover, Carew, Houllier and now OGS. I am retiring :)

Please don't retire. The news would have came out of Norway anyway. Not as soon but in sure the same day.

Your posts have started the first blooms of positivity on this site for a long long time. Congratulations and thanks. :D