No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Lastly though, does anyone know who this 'highly experienced and well known manager' might be? I'm probably being thick but I haven't a scooby.

The only name I've seen rumoured is that Jurgen Klinsman has been advising Randy about this managerial position and it is on his

recommendation that he was keen to speak to OGS.

The only other person I can think of TT is on about is Andreas - Villas Boas because we'd all agree with the surname as he said!!

TBF Paul Lambert & AVB have been the 2 rumoured off tweets since Mcleish got the boot until the emergence of OGS.

Cheers, Julie. We never have a simple transition between manages it seems :lol:

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not gonna say that the Norwegan league is an excellent league.

BUT to say it is on par with League One is ridiculous.

Just to put OGS's achievments if winning the title last season in perspective:

He won at his first try against a Rosenborg, who has far superior financial resources, and Vålerenga, who is owned by Norways richest man (has at least 3-4 times the wealth than Rokke).

Remember Rosenborg won the league 15 times in the period 1990 to 2006 and played in Champions League group play or went as far as the quarter final 10 (TEN TIMES) times!! The financial windfall was enormous and remember also that Norway had only one team in the CL, so imagine the financial strength Rosenborg has gotten. Rosenborg has also sold players like Carew, Iversen, Bergdølmo, Annan, Skjelbred, Kvarme, Leonardsen, Heggem, Steensaas, Hirschfeld, Kone, Dorsin, Stoor etc etc, earning some huge amounts of money.

Also, the Norwegian league manage to bring some talanted players to the world every year. We all know John Carew, Steffen Iversen etc, but John Obi Mikel also played in the Norwegian league for Lyn. Add Scharner, Annan, Skjelbred, Abdelloua, Konan Ya, Eguren (did not make it in Rosenborg), Scharner, Tchoy, Edu Ogbuke etc etc to the list.

Don't underestimate Solskjær's work and performance.

Milenko, just so I get some perspective, who's bigger over there OGS or aHa ?

In the 80s aHa, middle of 90s -> present day OSG

I think that aHa actually might have been more popular in the rest of the world more than over here. aHa have had multiple breaks other bands and solo projects along the years but their farewell tour was a big deal.

Any way in my world OSG is bigger, but anyone who makes it big outside our country is a huge star here and gets a lot of attention. Remember it is only five million of us. :D

Satyricon are waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy bigger than both of them :lol:

Death metal is norways biggest export :) Satyricon actually gets great reviews in the mainstream media here as well, and Sigurd Vongraven (front man in Satyricon) actually seems to be just as nice as a person as OGS.

Nothing wrong with a bit of noise mate, or a lot in this case! :winkold:

Seems like a lot bands like that coming out of Scandinavia. Personally, I am partial to a bit of Nightwish, HIM etc. If OGS likes the heavy stuff he might like the idea of managing in Black Sabbath's back yard :D

and haven't Sven Goran Erikkson failed in pretty much all clubs he's managed?

Lazio SS is my second team, and he did a hell of a good job ther, but he did sadly overspend a little soo it didnt take too long after he left that lazio was forced to sell manye star players

Lazio SS is my second team, and he did a hell of a good job ther, but he did sadly overspend a little soo it didnt take too long after he left that lazio was forced to sell manye star players

During that era, what he spent was absolutely huge!

Its the correct soundtrack when looking for clues about whos going to be the next Villa manager...

I like darker music myself, but i hope the times when Paradise lost was appropriate soundtrack is history :)

Preferably something from the Draconian Times album. ;)

"Svennis" is hopelessly outdated but in his prime (80s-90s)he was among the best managers in the world. He enjoyed massive success with IFK Göteborg, Benfica and Lazio.

I had another candidate for you Thursday, which I dismissed on a number of points, and therefore did not offer up on here. It was based upon the arrival for the day of a private jet that is owned by someone closely associated with a highly experienced and well known manager. That person does not show up anywhere on the bookies, but does actually meet one important element of VT criteria, the letter with which his name ends ;)

I'm too full of a bug to be good at cryptic clues... AVB came to mind because of Villas in his surname... but re-reading the hint I'm not so sure now.

Twitter ITK (yes, I know, total bollocks) says Lerner has made contact to open contract negotitations. Apparently (and this will make you feel better trees!) a Molde FK board member has been leaking constantly. Which, given the situation, doesn't surprise me.

You are my Solskjaer,

my Ole Solskjaer,

You make me happy,

when skies are grey,

Oh Alan Shearer,

was f*ckin dearer,

please don't take,

my Solskjaer away!

Might need to change the Alan shearer bit

I think that aHa actually might have been more popular in the rest of the world more than over here. aHa have had multiple breaks other bands and solo projects along the years but their farewell tour was a big deal.

Any way in my world OSG is bigger, but anyone who makes it big outside our country is a huge star here and gets a lot of attention. Remember it is only five million of us. :D

I'm more of a Darkthrone, Grimfist and Gorelord man, myself.

That's it then! If OGS is appointed, we're coming out of the tunnel to "Transylvanian Hunger" rocking some corpse paint. ;) Would scare the shit out of the opponents if done right aka not like Abbath from Immortal. ;)

Well at least RL and PF will now know who will make the fans happy. That will count for something.

In a nutshell ! I wanted OLE but another couple of twists don't rule out Di Matteo as one poster has told me

I hope not on Di Matteo. I just don't rate him at all. Dunne & Collins will run rings round him like Terry and Lampard do now. Also the players at WBA thought he was a joke!!!

Even if he is a Champions League Winner, i would not want Di Matteo, not the mad to rebuild us. He won it using a tried and tested method (ie John Terry's setup) and didn't have any say in signing/identifying players at Albion.

I'm more of a Darkthrone, Grimfist and Gorelord man, myself.

That's it then! If OGS is appointed, we're coming out of the tunnel to "Transylvanian Hunger" rocking some corpse paint. ;) Would scare the shit out of the opponents if done right aka not like Abbath from Immortal. ;)

That.. Would actually get me to buy a season ticket. I would first stand there laughing at all those thinking "what the ****?!" and then I would just start moshing with some random guy next to me.