No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Can we have a thread now?

Daily Star and Setanta now covered the closing odds for Solskjaer.

Former Manchester United striker Ole Gunnar Solskjær has emerged as a contender for the vacant Aston Villa manager's job.

Bookmakers have slashed the odds on the Molde manager making the move to England amid rumours he is set to be approached by Villa representatives.

Former boss Alex McLeish was sacked on Monday following a disappointing season that saw the Midlands club finish just two points above the relegation zone.

Villa chairman Randy Lerner has since arrived in England as the club ramps up its pursuit of a new boss.

Lerner and chief executive Paul Faulkner have already ruled out adopting a director of football managerial system and also dismissed reports linking former Wolves boss Mick McCarthy with the post.

Norwich manager Paul Lambert was the early favourite for the job along with Wigan boss Roberto Martinez.

However, both the Canaries and the Latics have expressed their determination to keep their managers and will resist any possible approach by Villa, forcing the club to cast the net wider.

Link

OLE Gunnar Solskjaer has emerged as a contender for the vacant Aston Villa manager's job

Solskjaer has been the subject of a massive nationwide gamble to become the next Aston Villa manager.

His price has crashed from 20/1 to 6/4 favourite in just over an hour.

Despite his price collapsing, punters were still desperate to back the former United striker.

Paul Lambert is the 2/1 second favourite, having been favourite for most of the time since Alex McLeish was sacked, while Roberto Martinez is 5/1.

“Solskjaer has Premier League pedigree as a player and has proved himself to be quite an efficient manager in his homeland and our punters think that he may now be ready to take the leap into the Premier League,” said Hill’s spokesman Joe Crilly.

Link

Summing up from the man who broke this news earlier this morning:

As it has its own thread a short reprise.

I am privy to information as to the movement of Mr L's aircraft.

Most of the time it flies with him on board.

It is planned out to destinations in Norway, one of which relates to the subject of this thread.

The *assumption* therefore is that Mr Lerner is off to meet said gentlemen.

In the last half an hour I have seen Mr Lerner arrive and get off another aircraft.

His jet is still planned to Norway and will be back in the UK tomorrow.

The new *assumption* is that it is collecting someone.

2+2 = very nearly 4 on this occasion I think.

Thanks to Norton for summing up:

It is planned out to destinations in Norway, one of which relates to the subject of this thread.

In the last half an hour I have seen Mr Lerner arrive and get off another aircraft.

Robert Henriksen Robert Henriksen ‏@robhenrix

Randy Lerner's private jet landed in Kristiansund to fly Ole Solskjaer to Birmingham tomorrow! #AVFC #MUFC @TrygvesKrav

j73oxy.jpg

That is the one

:!:

Trees your the man :!:

Welcome Ole.

Not yet.

:!: :!: :nod:

What's the flight time from Norway to Brum? Cant wait to read all of the reports of RL's jet leaving. Interest mounts :)

Arise from your slumber TT to speak...........

:notworthy:

Morning....

...i suspect that OGS will be departing around 0830BST

I've been sitting at this computer for over a year of abject misery now, and let me tell you, after seeing the above posts, I must say it's been by far the best day I've spent on Villatalk in a looooooooooooong time indeed!!!

UTV!!!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Daily Mail:

United legend Solskjaer joins race to become next Aston Villa manager

By Sportsmail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 14:55, 17 May 2012 | UPDATED: 14:59, 17 May 2012

Comments (0)

Former Manchester United star Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has emerged as a surprise contender for the Aston Villa job.

Villa have begun their search for a new manager in earnest following the arrival of owner Randy Lerner on Wednesday.

The American was forced to sack Alex McLeish on Monday following a dismal one season in charge in which Villa came within two points of relegation from the Barclays Premier League.

On the up: Molde boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

On the up: Molde boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Villa have drawn up a shortlist and early favourites - Roberto Martinez, Paul Lambert and Brendan Rodgers - are believed to be on it.

But Solksjaer is now the bookies' favourite. He has impressed since taking charge of Norway's Molde in his first managerial role.

Villa’s 16th-placed finish was their worst in six seasons as they also returned their lowest points total for 42 years, just 38.

Lerner spelt out that under McLeish Villa lacked 'compelling play and results', with his desire now to appoint a man 'who sees the club’s potential and embraces our collective expectations'.

Lerner flew in from the United States to oversee the process of appointing a third manager in under two years, along with chief executive Paul Faulkner.

Another summer, another manager: Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner will begin his search for a new boss

Another summer, another manager: Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner will begin his search for a new boss

Another go? Wigan's Roberto Martinez turned Villa down last summer, will they go back for him this time around?

Another go? Wigan's Roberto Martinez turned Villa down last summer, will they go back for him this time around?

However, their plans are likely to have been thrown off kilter by Liverpool’s sacking of Kenny Dalglish on Wednsday.

Candidates on Villa’s radar, such as Martinez, Rodgers and Lambert, are almost certain to figure highly on Liverpool’s list of prospective candidates.

Martinez spurned Villa’s advances a year ago and, after his astonishing end to the season in keeping the Latics up, has been installed as one of the favourites for the vacancy at Anfield.

One man apparently not in Villa’s thoughts is Mick McCarthy, dismissed by Wolves in mid-February after nearly six years in charge.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2145823/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-frame-Aston-Villa.html#ixzz1v8VcrZXR

LINK

Latest info is that Mr Lerner is NOT going to Norway.

All indicators are that there will be a press conference at VP tomorrow to unveil the new manager.

This information makes me more confident that our bets will come in, not less.

WOW

Just picking up OGS?!?. Deal done?!?

May I please go on record on page 1 of his speculation thread as saying:

I am against this on the basis of him having been a Man Utd player for effectively his whole career. Aston Villa will never, ever, ever be his club.

Other than that, nothing against him at all.

Edit: I have since changed my mind about this fwiw. Get him in. :)

just watched the OGS youtube video and I like the idea of him at Villa... Bit more of a risk I suppose than Lambert or Martinez but equally as exciting and quite possibly it could prove to be a better appointment in the long run, given time. If he comes to us I'll support him, not expecting quick turnaround on results but hoping he can build and grow with Villa over a good number of years. Villa led by the baby faced assassin, could be good :)