No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Whoever gets the job has so much work to do strengthening & sorting out the first team squad which as we all know is poor.

Any appointment will be a risk as such as this time we appear to be going down the young Manager route which I fully support.

It appears however that it is a straight choice between OGS & Lambert unless Di Matteo enters the running which seems less likely now.

Whovever gets it lets all get behind them and support them all the way as the last 2 seasons have been forgetable to say the least.

UTV

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot understand why people are reading too much into this?

OGS was one of a shortlist of managers we wanted to speak to

We flew him across for an informal interview

TT gets wind and all hell breaks loose

The VT community believe he is the man and get all carried away

Molde get all bent out of shape and OGS is caught in the middle of a media frenzy

The most important aspect though is that RL carries on the interview process with his original shortlist and no decision is made yet.

All that has happened is that the outpouring of euphoria on here towards someone who has a good You Tube video has made that selection process more difficult to some degree. If the person appointed is not OGS, then they may feel second best and leave a likeable OGS in a really poor position with his current club. I am happy at the type of person Randy is looking at even though I am not totally sold on OGS. I would though back him!!!

It also amazes me that we readily discount players based on over optimistic You Tube videos but get carried away based on a managerial one?

Top post. The reaction to the ogs informal chat has been amazing to witness. I think a lot of it is based upon the fact that the fan base was looking for something new and different post mcleish

Molde get all bent out of shape and OGS is caught in the middle of a media frenzy

The most important aspect though is that RL carries on the interview process with his original shortlist and no decision is made yet.

All that has happened is that the outpouring of euphoria on here towards someone who has a good You Tube video has made that selection process more difficult to some degree. If the person appointed is not OGS, then they may feel second best. I am happy at the type of person Randy is looking at although not totally sold on OGS.

It also amazes me that we readily discount players based on over optimistic You Tube videos but get carried away based on a managerial one?

Sure there is euphoria, however that doesn't take away the facts that if you read between the lines this deal is pretty much done.

The only question in my mind is whether it will be done Monday morning, or once the Norwegian league enters their month break...

I disagree 100%.

This was meant to be an interview on the QT but TT broke the story sparking media attention.

OGS is one of three candidates if you believe reports, therefore it stands to reason that those other two will be spoken to as well.

I think we are reading too much into the fact Randy has gone home for the weekend. He has a jet and the ability to do that! Nothing to say he will not be back this evening or tomorrow ready for further discussions with other potential candidates.

OGS comments are a "come and get me" statement, that doesn't mean that we necessarily will!

I am not against OGS, but I do think the objectivity of some is being clouded by the desire to get him in.

I see what you are saying, however OGS could of easily said to his board that he has no intention of joining Villa. If he did that then they wouldn't of been upset, and still upset, about this whole process. So firstly, I think you can assume that OGS very much wants the Villa job.

So really, it is just down to whether Randy wants him now.

The facts are:-

It has been reported that Randy and Faulkner were extremely impressed with OGS

OGS agent is still in Birmingham

Randy has flown back to the US

There is absolutely no news or leaks about us whatsoever approaching anyone else, or speaking to anyone else

The most reliable source on VT has stated that OGS is top of the list

Your argument against the deal being tied up is that we haven't spoken to other candidates. I understand Randy has his own jet. However, I have my own car. I don't drive up to Scotland on business knowing that I have to drive back to London and up to Scotland again only a couple of days later. I drive to Scotland ensuring that everyone I need to meet is roughly in the same place in the days(s) that I am around. Lets face it, there is no rush to appoint a manager and so Randy and co could of very easily have organised everything that they needed to do in a couple of days.

Randy is a busy man... he isn't going to waste time flying in planes unless it is necessary.

My interpretation is that this deal is 90% done.

Macandally is 100% right, its the endless conjecturing on here 24/7 that makes people feel like its a "done deal". Its not, stop "reading between the lines", or in other words "reading what you want to see". Its quite scary the way people are taking to this guy over a youtube video made by MUTV.

Fair enough its an exciting new direction, but you have to look at his credentials as a manager and calm down a bit.

Don`t bother replying about houlliers and mcleishs experience, its a lazy argument.

Thanks, I think there are quite a few of us here not quite sober at the moment. We have had our world turned upside-down these last few days. No one wants Ole to leave, yet we understand, and are quite proud that such a big club as Aston Villa has turned its attention toward our manager. There are plenty of fans here in Molde who still remember Rimmer, Withe, Cowans, etc, and everybody knows the great tradition of your club. We had hoped that Ole would stay a year or two longer, but recognize that these opportunities need to be grasped when they arise. I think that a lot of Molde fans, regardless of what their favorite English team is, will now have Villa as a "second club", if this deal goes through. I just hope that Villa fans will spare a thought for the supporters of a small Norwegian club which has been thrown into a turmoil where the future looks very bleak indeed. We'll be forever grateful for the month-long championship celebration last year, but we have no idea where we will be in a year or two from now on.

What a post... huge respect to you.

Thanks to Aston Villa NEws and Views I have been able to catch up. Loads of bids of interviews and it's obvious that OGL wants to come so come on Randy! One video we were told to watch his body language and it made uncomfortable viewing, another had been translated where it is pretty clear that he wants villa job. There was also an impressive vid of the player he wants to bring. All in all it seems as though it's in randys hands

All that has happened is that the outpouring of euphoria on here towards someone who has a good You Tube video has made that selection process more difficult to some degree. If the person appointed is not OGS, then they may feel second best and leave a likeable OGS in a really poor position with his current club. I am happy at the type of person Randy is looking at even though I am not totally sold on OGS. I would though back him!!!

Top post. The reaction to the ogs informal chat has been amazing to witness. I think a lot of it is based upon the fact that the fan base was looking for something new and different post mcleish
IS looking...

Way I see it:

Someone like OGS comes in (although there is nobody quite like OGS):

5% Chance of Disaster. 10% Chance of Something Special

Someone like Lambert comes in:

2% Chance of Disaster. 4% Chance of Something Special

Give me Option A.

And what's wrong with basing a decision on a video? FFS, it's not as though the bloke was acting. It's also 15 minutes long, so plenty of material.

What has also changed my mind in a big way is the things the Norwegian fans have said about him. And to a lesser extent Man Utd fans.

Macandally is 100% right, its the endless conjecturing on here 24/7 that makes people feel like its a "done deal". Its not, stop "reading between the lines", or in other words "reading what you want to see". Its quite scary the way people are taking to this guy over a youtube video made by MUTV.

Fair enough its an exciting new direction, but you have to look at his credentials as a manager and calm down a bit.

Don`t bother replying about houlliers and mcleishs experience, its a lazy argument.

"Reading between the lines" isn't "reading what you want to see" if there are logical reasons and facts behind it. If there was no information about OGS and the message board reacted this way I would also be of your opinion, however there is and I'm not.

Perhaps human emotions have made people interpret the information in a claret and blue colour, but perhaps they are spot on also... I'm saying my view point is as likely to be as wrong as your view point... it's up for debate.

It's only natural that in any situation where people are excited they will become slightly irrational however the facts still remain the facts and I have listed them above as to why I believe this deal will be tied up soon... emotions or no emotions.

It's also only natural you have calm people trying to keep emotional people in check and you are fulfilling your role...!

All that has happened is that the outpouring of euphoria on here towards someone who has a good You Tube video has made that selection process more difficult to some degree. If the person appointed is not OGS, then they may feel second best. I am happy at the type of person Randy is looking at although not totally sold on OGS.

Sure there is euphoria, however that doesn't take away the facts that if you read between the lines this deal is pretty much done.

The only question in my mind is whether it will be done Monday morning, or once the Norwegian league enters their month break...

I disagree 100%.

This was meant to be an interview on the QT but TT broke the story sparking media attention.

OGS is one of three candidates if you believe reports, therefore it stands to reason that those other two will be spoken to as well.

I think we are reading too much into the fact Randy has gone home for the weekend. He has a jet and the ability to do that! Nothing to say he will not be back this evening or tomorrow ready for further discussions with other potential candidates.

OGS comments are a "come and get me" statement, that doesn't mean that we necessarily will!

I am not against OGS, but I do think the objectivity of some is being clouded by the desire to get him in.

I see what you are saying, however OGS could have easily said to his board that he has no intention of joining Villa. If he did that then they wouldn't of been upset, and still upset, about this whole process. So firstly, I think you can assume that OGS very much wants the Villa job.

There is absolutely no news or leaks about us whatsoever approaching anyone else, or speaking to anyone else

Your argument against the deal being tied up is that we haven't spoken to other candidates. I understand Randy has his own jet. However, I have my own car. I don't drive up to Scotland on business knowing that I have to drive back to London and up to Scotland again only a couple of days later. I drive to Scotland ensuring that everyone I need to meet is roughly in the same place in the days(s) that I am around. Lets face it, there is no rush to appoint a manager and so Randy and co could have very easily have organised everything that they needed to do in a couple of days.

Randy is a busy man... he isn't going to waste time flying in planes unless it is necessary.

Read my previous post, there is no doubt OGS wants the job!!

So he impressed. He comes across as a very likable and professional individual so why wouldn't he. The same reports you quote also say that Villa intend to speak to other candidates, indeed OGS stated that himself in his text after his visit. Also, as there is not jet to track for UK prospects, there is a slim to nil chance we will know about it. We know the club can keep things under wraps very well.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I suggest you look at this holistically instead of picking out the bits that suit. That way, your analysis and interpretation might be slightly different. Not having a dig mate, you may be right, I am just not convinced that this is as nailed on as you believe.

I think part of it is that a lot of people stand to receive a bit of a personal windfall if he is appointed

I guess today will be very quiet, at least until Molde's match later on. Be interesting to see what sort of reaction OGS gets and how he acts on the touchline.

Think the majority of the excitement is us going into the unknown somewhat. Getting a young hungry manager in and we have no idea the style of football will be played...unlike the appointment made by the board a year ago. Yes this might completely fail...but for once there is as much chance that it would be a complete success too. Personally whilst there possibly has been a slight overreaction, its nice to see a bit of excitement and unity on the forum again!

I disagree 100%.

I see what you are saying, however OGS could have easily said to his board that he has no intention of joining Villa. If he did that then they wouldn't of been upset, and still upset, about this whole process. So firstly, I think you can assume that OGS very much wants the Villa job.

Your argument against the deal being tied up is that we haven't spoken to other candidates. I understand Randy has his own jet. However, I have my own car. I don't drive up to Scotland on business knowing that I have to drive back to London and up to Scotland again only a couple of days later. I drive to Scotland ensuring that everyone I need to meet is roughly in the same place in the days(s) that I am around. Lets face it, there is no rush to appoint a manager and so Randy and co could have very easily have organised everything that they needed to do in a couple of days.

I have not heard of any journalist talking with his agent Solbakken. From what we know he stayed in Birmingham after OGS left. Why? for shopping? Or to finish the deal?

Someone like OGS comes in (although there is nobody quite like OGS):

5% Chance of Disaster. 10% Chance of Something Special

Someone like Lambert comes in:

2% Chance of Disaster. 4% Chance of Something Special

Give me Option A.

I want OGS as much as the next guy, but what a ridiculous 'formula'.

Did you have a theory, or did you just pull those figures out of your arse?

I think part of it is that a lot of people stand to receive a bit of a personal windfall if he is appointed

Firstly yes, there is definitely an element of "different" and the excitement/anticipation/expectation that brings. However OGS was, except for I think in one post on a different thread, never a name put into the mix.

So I think for much part the reaction is towards OGS specifically, rather than just the element of different. He has single handedly managed to make every other potential candidate seem second best.

As for the money thing, isn't that chicken and egg? People put money on because they want OGS, or they want OGS because they put money on?

Who do YOU want Pilchard? I think it would be good if you tell us now. That way, if we get him, we can point this out to you when you jump on the bloke's back after 5 minutes in the job.

Personally I have nothing to gain financially by getting OGS. (Too slow to get in when the odds were good :))

I was against OGS initially. I freely admit the video helped change my mind. There is something about OGS that is hard to define. He is likeable, certainly, but there is also something else. A quiet confidence maybe.

But the video would count for nothing if it weren't for the views of dozens of Norwegians on this and other sites, which clearly show that he is held in very high regard by his fellow countrymen. In fact he is almost universally liked and respected!

After the McLeish debacle, what better way to build a bit of upward momentum than appoint a manager who will unite the fans in enthusiasm and excitement, and who the players will take to?