Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

5 minutes ago, Dave J said:

As always TRO - good post, Andy Gray my boyhood hero - then came Shaw - what a technique he had - I remember him making a complete fool of John Wile near the halfway line at VP  followed closely  by Macca 

Dave, I was very close to Andy for 18 months.....I could tell you some stories, but on here it can sound like showing off or ITK.....PM me if you are interested.

But we must go back to Gabby on here.

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, Dave J said:

As always TRO - good post, Andy Gray my boyhood hero - then came Shaw - what a technique he had - I remember him making a complete fool of John Wile near the halfway line at VP  followed closely  by Macca 

We must stop drifting off topic....but finally what a player Gary, grossly underrated IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Dave, I was very close to Andy for 18 months.....I could tell you some stories, but on here it can sound like showing off or ITK.....PM me if you are interested.

But we must go back to Gabby on here.

could you share those to us all, evenif in off topic or something. i'd love to hear them!

• 1 month later...

Gabby Agbonlahor is heading for the Aston Villa exit, with his 17-year association with the club coming to an end.

Agbonlahor will be out of contract in the summer and Villa are set to offload the £25,000 a week striker regardless of which division they find themselves operating in next season.

The former England international has only scored twice since Villa’s demotion to the Championship, which means he has effectively earned £1.3m per goal.

And though Villa insist no decision on the futures of players will be made until the end of the season, sources say Agbonlahor’s career at the club is over.

It is understood the 31-year-old is already considering whether to relaunch his career overseas in Major League Soccer.

The club’s record Premier League scorer, Agbonlahor enjoyed arguably his best period under Martin O’Neill between 2007 and 2010, helping his hometown club to three consecutive sixth-place finishes. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/27/gabby-agbonlahor-end-17-year-aston-villa-stay-end-season-regardless/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_fb 

14 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Gabby Agbonlahor is heading for the Aston Villa exit, with his 17-year association with the club coming to an end.

Agbonlahor will be out of contract in the summer and Villa are set to offload the £25,000 a week striker regardless of which division they find themselves operating in next season.

The former England international has only scored twice since Villa’s demotion to the Championship, which means he has effectively earned £1.3m per goal.

And though Villa insist no decision on the futures of players will be made until the end of the season, sources say Agbonlahor’s career at the club is over.

It is understood the 31-year-old is already considering whether to relaunch his career overseas in Major League Soccer.

The club’s record Premier League scorer, Agbonlahor enjoyed arguably his best period under Martin O’Neill between 2007 and 2010, helping his hometown club to three consecutive sixth-place finishes. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/27/gabby-agbonlahor-end-17-year-aston-villa-stay-end-season-regardless/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_fb 

Ironic that this news has broken on page 666...

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Good news, in my book.  I enjoyed watching him in 2008-2009, but since then his song has been by far his best contribution to the club.

Edited by srsmithusa

3 hours ago, Kingman said:

Agbonlahor enjoyed arguably his best period under Martin O’Neill between 2007 and 2010

Arguably? What, there's some debate about this?! :huh:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

It's definitely time for him to move on.  Hope he gets a good send off though, he's been with us forever and has given us some find memories.

It was time for him to move on 5 years ago. He's tarnished any 'legacy' he might have had. Send him out the back door and hope nobody notices. 

12 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It was time for him to move on 5 years ago. He's tarnished any 'legacy' he might have had. Send him out the back door and hope nobody notices. 

I totally agree - in my humble view he gave up his rights to a send off - the season we got relegated . Not that his performances really justified much of a send off anyway. Again in my humble opinion 

• Like 2

I wonder where he will end up. He seems to really like Qatar and they pay well. Wherever he goes, I hope he actually tries to prove himself and not just collect some more paychecks before he retires. 

• Haha 1

He's been utter dog shit for years. Always guaranteed a good game or 3 when he wanted a new contract, but otherwise has looked lazy and disinterested pretty much since the O'Neill era.

It's an absolute mystery how he's conned his way in to new deal after new deal for so long.

Good riddance.

Gabby gabby gabby gabby agbonlahor, lazy as ****, lazy as ****.

Edited by Davkaus

call me a sentimental old sod but i can't get on board with the dislike for him. i agree, the way he let himself go during our relegation season does take away his rights to any kind of testimonial, grand farewell etc, but some of my happiest memories as a villa fan have come from watching him and young tearing oppositions apart. it wasn't just vs blues, he was unplayable on his day

i know i'm in the minority, but i'll have more good memories than bad of him...good luck to him wherever he ends up

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I wonder where he will end up. He seems to really like Qatar and they pay well. Wherever he goes, I hope he actually tries to prove himself and not just collect some more paychecks before he retires. 

He has been doing that for the last number of seasons with us, so I suspect he will probably do the same elsewhere.

33 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

call me a sentimental old sod but i can't get on board with the dislike for him. i agree, the way he let himself go during our relegation season does take away his rights to any kind of testimonial, grand farewell etc, but some of my happiest memories as a villa fan have come from watching him and young tearing oppositions apart. it wasn't just vs blues, he was unplayable on his day

i know i'm in the minority, but i'll have more good memories than bad of him...good luck to him wherever he ends up

This is how I feel.

I don't think he should get Lescott levels of treatment from the fans. His main issue is that he's always been a limited player, and this was made worse when certain managers tried to make him into a big, target man. Had he just kept the tag of a pacy player, sprinting up and down the wings and putting in one decent ball in 5, then he might have got a few more games with us.

I'll wish him well, wherever he goes. But I'm glad his time here has come to an end.

Â