Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

I want Bruce sacked for picking Gabby. Rather we started losing matches again than have Gabby in and us picking up points and moving up the table.

That's not happening because gabby is back in the team you know.

11 hours ago, HolteExile said:

With respect, Bruce showed how much of a modern, forward thinking manager he was when he put Micah Richards in his first side. We aren't talking about one of the games great innovators here -as evidenced by the roll call of dross he has managed prior to us.    

Michah Richards played a decent season and a bit for Citeh nearly ten yeas ago = lets put him straight in the first team. 

Gabby takes a year off but Bruce remembers he was quite good in 2009 = back in the team as soon as he turns up for a few training sessions.  If Lescott hadn't been bombed out we'd probably see him shoehorned into the side as well. 

It's a grim set of circumstances that makes Bruce an upgrade on what we have had in recent years, but an upgrade he is. With that, you take the rough with the smooth. 

I don't know how tongue in cheek this is, or not, but I said i wouldn't watch us again if Richards was playing for us. So I didn't watch Bruce's first game. Then when Gabby made it back in, I felt the same. I used to watch everything Villa related religiously but these sorts of players, playing for us, has made me totally apathetic to it. Subsequently, I haven't watched a game now since Bruce took over, and I don't really miss it at the moment.   

• Like 1

One thing I'm amazed about Gabby's return is how much the Holte are loving it...he comes on, runs around a bit and immediately the Gabby chant pops up.

I smile as I type this when I think of how anti it is regarding him on here and other villa forums.

It couldn't be more different in the ground.

1 hour ago, jon_c said:

I don't know how tongue in cheek this is, or not, but I said i wouldn't watch us again if Richards was playing for us. So I didn't watch Bruce's first game. Then when Gabby made it back in, I felt the same. I used to watch everything Villa related religiously but these sorts of players, playing for us, has made me totally apathetic to it. Subsequently, I haven't watched a game now since Bruce took over, and I don't really miss it at the moment.   

Well I feel saddened that you havnt seen our best run of results in over 5 years but I'd like to make the most of the sutuation.

Any chance you could babysit my kids, whilst knocking off the dishes and fold some clothes so I can go watch my football team win matches and collect points..........

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, jon_c said:

You dont watch the games, yet you come on to this site, to tell us this?

The Simpsons bart simpson season 3 marge simpson sad

• Like 4

I thought a while back when Bruce was talking about getting Gabby fit for games, that maybe he has one eye on the Africa cup of nations, get him into some sort of form before they head off? Let's see how much time he gets after that and we'all know if Bruce wants him in the team long term.

35 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Why are people making out that those who don't want gabby in the team would prefer to stay in the championship?

Because some of us aware that Gabby is currently helping us try and get out of the championship....

• Like 3

Pretty crap today, and he was blowing out of his arse after about 5 minutes of being on the pitch.

The level of hatred shown towards him from some fans is baffling to me though. The guy next to me at the game was about to have a stroke he was so angry at gabby coming on. Said he had never hated a player as much as Gabby.

Very strange.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Since his reintroduction into the first team squad according to the manager he has trained really hard, lost over a stone in weight, impressed his team mates with his desire and attitude and in terms of his time on the pitch he has made a positive contribution to an excellent run of results for us. I have no complaints.

I'm fairly certain the manager would have a similar opinion of me, if I were to be introduced to the first team squad. Doesn't mean I'm good enough to play at this level for AVFC.

Fwiw I don't agree regarding his 'positive contribution', and I honestly believe the outcome resultswise would've been the same with any other forward we have. I certainly don't hate him or anything, I just don't see what he adds, besides a large immobile body. His primary job is to score goals, and if/when that starts to happen again, I'll happily change my opinion.

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

And the rest of us are fully aware that he is not needed in order to do that.

Proof?

In fact havnt we picked up more points with Gabby in the team than without him. However much you think your opinion is correct, you really can't prove it in anyway..... at all..... not even remotely possible. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

Â