Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

What really gets me is when commentators/radio pundits/fans say 'did you know hes lost 6kg since Bruce came in to get fit again?'...Like thats something we should be celebrating?! Like any professional footballer should ever put themselves in the position that they have to lose 6kg's to be fit again? He is a disgrace not only to the club and fans but to football as a sport. Westwood will be slagged off but he was the only player who was visibly upset last season when we were relegated. All the while this clown strolls back into the side and we wonder why other players might have slacked off a bit? If i saw someone coast for years in my job (regardless of different managers, gabbys decline and abysmal attitude has been well publicised in national media) and then they were not only allowed back into the fold but put in ahead of me i would be fuming and probably slack off a bit (intentionally or not). Its the one thing i respected RDM for. 

The sooner he gets out of the club the better. He will never play again once he leaves us. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DK82 said:

:ph34r:

As much as I do not like Agbonlahor that could be any one of ten players last night.  To be honest not sure he should be making comments like that but hey ho thats an argument that has been had before

5 hours ago, Dave J said:

Really- how come he never seems to be involved in any passage of play? He always seems to be of the edge of games and not in the midst of it all- but then you saw what happened when a relatively easy pass was given to feet!!

Pretty much every player failed in some area of their game yesterday. Grealish gave the ball away so many times, and his passing is supposed to be one of his strong points. I'm not saying he shouldn't do better, or we need better, but to go over the top on one player isn't right.

I've played as a forward for over thirty years, and in my earlier days at a decent level. The once thing for a striker is a lack of ball time. Doesn't matter how well or bad you play, the lack of ball makes it look like you did absolutely nothing. When you do get the ball you try to do more to make up for it and that's when more errors creep in.

I agree, we need a replacement for Gabby, and I hope it happens in January, but if it doesn't I'll support him until it does.

7 minutes ago, villianusa said:

Pretty much every player failed in some area of their game yesterday. Grealish gave the ball away so many times, and his passing is supposed to be one of his strong points. I'm not saying he shouldn't do better, or we need better, but to go over the top on one player isn't right.

I've played as a forward for over thirty years, and in my earlier days at a decent level. The once thing for a striker is a lack of ball time. Doesn't matter how well or bad you play, the lack of ball makes it look like you did absolutely nothing. When you do get the ball you try to do more to make up for it and that's when more errors creep in.

I agree, we need a replacement for Gabby, and I hope it happens in January, but if it doesn't I'll support him until it does.

Likewise I too played many years as a striker so I can concur  with some of what you say here - however I say again that for me  he's never in the game and doesn't appear to read games well? We've all heard the expression about top strikers being in the right place at the right time.

2 hours ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

What really gets me is when commentators/radio pundits/fans say 'did you know hes lost 6kg since Bruce came in to get fit again?'...Like thats something we should be celebrating?! Like any professional footballer should ever put themselves in the position that they have to lose 6kg's to be fit again? He is a disgrace not only to the club and fans but to football as a sport. Westwood will be slagged off but he was the only player who was visibly upset last season when we were relegated. All the while this clown strolls back into the side and we wonder why other players might have slacked off a bit? If i saw someone coast for years in my job (regardless of different managers, gabbys decline and abysmal attitude has been well publicised in national media) and then they were not only allowed back into the fold but put in ahead of me i would be fuming and probably slack off a bit (intentionally or not). Its the one thing i respected RDM for. 

The sooner he gets out of the club the better. He will never play again once he leaves us. 

Here here ! 

2 hours ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

A good point.

16 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Likewise I too played many years as a striker so I can concur  with some of what you say here - however I say again that for me  he's never in the game and doesn't appear to read games well? We've all heard the expression about top strikers being in the right place at the right time.

You can be in the right place all the time, but if the ball never gets there then it doesn't matter. Yesterday's game the ball never got there, and if you have played as a striker you must know how frustrating that can be.

We do need a 20 goal a season striker as we still don't have one at the club.

1 hour ago, villianusa said:

You can be in the right place all the time, but if the ball never gets there then it doesn't matter. Yesterday's game the ball never got there, and if you have played as a striker you must know how frustrating that can be.

We do need a 20 goal a season striker as we still don't have one at the club.

But that is my whole point- in my view he was not in the right place at the right time to impact the game- he was always on the edge of everything going on around him IMO

As far as I know a striker is actually allowed to move downfield also during a game, so what's to stop him from fetching the ball on our own half?

It's a moot point anyway. He simply isn't good enough anymore. In fact, he isn't even remotely close to being good enough.

SB switched rolls for him & Kodjia

Gaby Center -> Kodjia Left

Kodjia Center -> Gaby Left

Gaby was too dumb to stay out wide, came short to misscontrol a ball setting them up for a goal

Lets not forget how important hold up play is. When we have a Central defensive line of Jedi, Elphick or Baker & Chester, anyone running at them hits a brick wall, anyone running past them has a free ride, none of them can 'Turn and run' (nothing can stop them - lyrics from a 70's song -anyone?)

With shit like Hutton, Westwood, Gardner & Gaby we're left with no margin for error.

Yes he was one of several players who fell very short of what is required, but there can't be a way back for him now surely, shown nothing of note and quite the opposite.

It was attitudes like this, and the acceptance of wholly inadequate application given the ambition of the club, that surely an example should be made. McCormac every time ahead of this loser.

I guess its back to getting fat and stubbornly seeing out his contract.

6 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I guess its back to getting fat and stubbornly seeing out his contract.

yeah

If you're gonna be shit you may aswell be fat too.

I cant understand him. it cant be fun for him being an employee at AVFC (couldnt bring myself to say "being a footballer") All the training, playing the games. Being shit and knowing it by proving it to yourself.

I'm sure it's more his thing just to go out with his credit card, sh@g a few women, drink a few, smoke a little and get through as many Kebabs as he can.

So why doesnt he just F*** 0££ and get on with living?

He looks like a footballer who came out of a 3 year retirement and is trying to relive his "glory" days. If Bruce wants Gabby around the team, at least make him a sub. He was absolutely useless as a starter. We complained last season that Rudy's movement sucked, well I'd take that over Gabby who literally was hiding behind his defenders. Numerous times Hutton, Grealish, and Westwood got the ball, looked up only to see Gabby standing next to his defender not moving at all, and they had to pass it backwards. 

That makes the other players look poor, but in reality we have a striker who is offering nothing. 

Â