Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I don't like the idea of paying him off and then he can go work somewhere else while already having been paid, effectively double dipping.  Is it legal to pay him for the next 4 months and tell him to stay home, and use the time to get fit and find a new club?

I think that keeping him practicing is holding out a hope that there is a way back.

Edited by srsmithusa

29 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

This thread is repeating itself like a stuck record.

I see your stuck record and raise you a video tape. In relation to Gabby, it may have changed from time to time but it's still the old video tape which whilst being useful for a long, long, time is now defunct.  

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Is it legal to pay him for the next 4 months and tell him to stay home, and use the time to get fit and find a new club?

Yes, it's called gardening leave. Though in practice the player can refuse to take it. He has a right to carry out his work at his place of work. 

In all fairness, whilst there have been disciplinary issues and despite my earlier rants, we gave him a contract. He may well be on his final warning, but we do need to honour it. We should honour it even if he hasn't at all times. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, villakram said:

Team photo with the sun coming in from the side. What a crap photo. Same ol' Villa... Gabby out!

That is genuinely **** amateur. Though there might be logistical reasons for it, training comes first! 

I realise you were joking ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trekka said:

I see your stuck record and raise you a video tape. In relation to Gabby, it may have changed from time to time but it's still the old video tape which whilst being useful for a long, long, time is now defunct.  

Classic ad. Still got some of those exact tapes in the cupboard in front of me.  Not been out of their boxes in years mind. 

46 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yes, it's called gardening leave. Though in practice the player can refuse to take it. He has a right to carry out his work at his place of work. 

In all fairness, whilst there have been disciplinary issues and despite my earlier rants, we gave him a contract. He may well be on his final warning, but we do need to honour it. We should honour it even if he hasn't at all times. 

I can't help but wonder though Doug- how many other professions would allow you to rock up at 8.00 or 9.00 or whatever, then for you to be told sorry your not fit for purpose- but don't worry it's ok because we will still carry on paying you regardless. Football I'm afraid has gone mad!

• Like 2

Gabby is not just paid as a footballer......He is paid as a Striker.

That is "prime Beef" in agricultural terms......and goes with big bucks.

I do not need to tell anyone on here he has welched on his part of that deal.

There is no way back.....unless he can convince the manager of a changed character.

I see no evidence of that effort ,being made.

what he seems to hanging around for ,is much more of the easy life.

Leech.

in a few years I may get the chance to buy a copy of the DM if Winston Bogarde is Gabby's mentor.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2048805/Winston-Bogarde-Hes-fat-hes-round-got-pound-.html

per wikipedia "Of his contract he said, "Why should I throw fifteen million Euro away when it is already mine? At the moment I signed it was in fact my money, my contract."" Legend :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

I can't help but wonder though Doug- how many other professions would allow you to rock up at 8.00 or 9.00 or whatever, then for you to be told sorry your not fit for purpose- but don't worry it's ok because we will still carry on paying you regardless. Football I'm afraid has gone mad!

As somebody who does employ people on extremely basic contacts, quite often unfortunately. 

Regardless Aston Villa entered into a contract with Gabriel Agbonlahor. Both legally and, in my opinion morally, we have a duty to uphold that contract. If he had somehow broken that contract to the extent that dismissal was an option, he'd be gone. That we're on the hook for our own mistake is just tough shit. 

I'm not defending the bloke, at all. However you can't just sack people because they are suddenly crap at their job I'm afraid. It can't work like that. 

I want him gone as much as the next man, though we don't know enough about what has gone on behind the scenes to pass full and complete judgement on who is to blame.

Although I also note there has been a distinct lack of professionals, or media, coming out to defend him. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, villakram said:

in a few years I may get the chance to buy a copy of the DM if Winston Bogarde is Gabby's mentor.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2048805/Winston-Bogarde-Hes-fat-hes-round-got-pound-.html

per wikipedia "Of his contract he said, "Why should I throw fifteen million Euro away when it is already mine? At the moment I signed it was in fact my money, my contract."" Legend :D

people criticized him but lets be honest it wasnt Winston fault that Chelsea were idiots

not just Chelsea many other clubs have awarded stupid undeserving contracts to players. im sure a Villa XI of shit undeserving contracts isnt that impossible. Hutton, Heskey, Gabby, Beye, Clark, Bacuna,Salifou.  Lambert as manager

• Like 1

I think we maybe had a shot at getting rid with a reduced payment when he was out of the condition expected of a professional footballer but obviously didn't feel he had been negligent enough to give us a strong enough case. Maybe we were running scared at the time and Tony may have been more balsy. 

Whatever in the old days it was too much power with the clubs who could sign a player and control his future 100% to where we are now where players can do whatever they please force a move when they want or stay for years abusing their contract with no censure. . 

There should be a happy medium where player trying and doing the right things are protected but players blatantly abusing their contract protection are punished. 

The game may be on the road to ruin currently.  Power has gone way to far into players hands. 

One of the agents is now a billionaire,  it's not right is it. 

8 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

As somebody who does employ people on extremely basic contacts, quite often unfortunately. 

Regardless Aston Villa entered into a contract with Gabriel Agbonlahor. Both legally and, in my opinion morally, we have a duty to uphold that contract. If he had somehow broken that contract to the extent that dismissal was an option, he'd be gone. That we're on the hook for our own mistake is just tough shit. 

I'm not defending the bloke, at all. However you can't just sack people because they are suddenly crap at their job I'm afraid. It can't work like that. 

I want him gone as much as the next man, though we don't know enough about what has gone on behind the scenes to pass full and complete judgement on who is to blame.

Although I also note there has been a distinct lack of professionals, or media, coming out to defend him. 

Cant agree with you on a couple of points Doug- but cheers anyway

On Friday, September 09, 2016 at 01:15, Pilchard said:

Only one player slouching back in his chair there.

You'll never guess which one.

Elphick and Bunn are nearly the same height. Surely a 4ft defender and a 4ft goalie can only lead to disaster!

#shortplayersout

Edited by Villan_of_oz

Â