Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

8 minutes ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

Wilkins - 'Gabby you arent fit enough and we are going to put a plan in place to sort it out'

Gabby - 'Nah boss, I'll sort it out myself honest'

Wilkins - 'Alright, see you later then'

If that is the extent to which sherwood and wilkins ''managed'' our players, allowing them to 'sort their own fitness out' then its no surprise they all have the mentality they do. If i managed my staff like that theyd be laughing!

Not only that, he was confrontational about it and backed Wilkins down. It really is no wonder the players are getting away with half arsing everything. A joke of a club from top to bottom.

• Like 1

The straw that broke the camel's back was when a verbal dispute with Agbonlahor almost escalated into a physical confrontation. It is understood the Villa stalwart was discussing tactics with manager Paul Lambert when Keane interrupted. Agbonlahor didn't  take too kindly to Keane's interjection and responded,

Excuse me, but I’m talking to the boss!

The two men then became involved in a heated altercation and had to be separated from each other. Lambert held a meeting with Keane later that day when they decided on the assistant manager's early resignation.

3 hours ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

Wilkins - 'Gabby you arent fit enough and we are going to put a plan in place to sort it out'

Gabby - 'Nah boss, I'll sort it out myself honest'

Wilkins - 'Alright, see you later then'

If that is the extent to which sherwood and wilkins ''managed'' our players, allowing them to 'sort their own fitness out' then its no surprise they all have the mentality they do. If i managed my staff like that theyd be laughing!

If reports about our pre season fitness training are true, then gabby probably wouldn't have been much better off following that regime.

at this point does it really matter what manager or coach tells gabby what to do, hes seen that many managers and coaches come and go in this club he clearly has no more regard or respect for any of them, hes just going to do what he wants and act the billy big bollox, he has to go.

3 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

He's letting the club down—the club who pay his wages—and also the supporters. 

Maybe but they're still paying him so why would he give a shit? It doesnt matter if he bangs a hat-trick or sits on the bench for 90 minutes, he still get paid the same. There are millions of examples of players not giving a shit. The only difference here is that Gabby is supposedly "one of us".

14 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Maybe but they're still paying him so why would he give a shit? It doesnt matter if he bangs a hat-trick or sits on the bench for 90 minutes, he still get paid the same. There are millions of examples of players not giving a shit. The only difference here is that Gabby is supposedly "one of us".

Show me millions of examples of players getting suspended twice in a few weeks whilst simultaneously being deemed not fit enough to do their job and we'll all concede the point.

There is a cavernous difference between a player not giving a shit, and a player not giving a shit so much that they literally cannot do their job.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Show me millions of examples of players getting suspended twice in a few weeks whilst simultaneously being deemed not fit enough to do their job and we'll all concede the point.

There is a cavernous difference between a player not giving a shit, and a player not giving a shit so much that they literally cannot do their job.

it's the difference between N'Zogbia and Gabby. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

The straw that broke the camel's back was when a verbal dispute with Agbonlahor almost escalated into a physical confrontation. It is understood the Villa stalwart was discussing tactics with manager Paul Lambert when Keane interrupted. Agbonlahor didn't  take too kindly to Keane's interjection and responded,

Excuse me, but I’m talking to the boss!

The two men then became involved in a heated altercation and had to be separated from each other. Lambert held a meeting with Keane later that day when they decided on the assistant manager's early resignation.

If true thats weak by Lambert, also a pity as I think Keane would have took no shit and done some damage to Gabby

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I didn't say there were millions of examples of that. Either way Gabby smoked a pipe and took some NOS? Who **** cares? I come back to the same point, if he was in form people would laugh it off, much like Ashley Young getting his cock out on webcam. I realise they are different things but people found that hilarious. Winning takes care of everything as Tiger Woods says.

Personally I couldn't give a flying toss if he went on a coke binge and was still able to perform week in and week out. It's the fact of the matter that he's been deemed incapable of doing his job in the mix that is a big warning flag.

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

I didn't say there were millions of examples of that. Either way Gabby smoked a pipe and took some NOS? Who **** cares? I come back to the same point, if he was in form people would laugh it off, much like Ashley Young getting his cock out on webcam. I realise they are different things but people found that hilarious. Winning takes care of everything as Tiger Woods says.

In isolation, smoking NOS and having a few beers is fine. If we were doing well, or even just ok, this would be forgiven quickly. The situation is not that though and things need to be discussed in their historical context.

It's like that Good Idea Bad Idea thing from animaniacs. Good idea: Setting off fireworks on New Years Eve. Bad idea: Setting off fireworks during a funeral on New Years Eve.

It is totally inappropriate for Gabby to be pictured on a bender so soon after relegation, so soon after already being suspended by the club for going on a similar bender, so soon after being told he needs footballer fat camp, and in the context of all of the above explaining his inability to do his job this season despite the fact he gets paid 60k a week regardless.

• Like 1

Tina Burgess, Gabby Agbonlahor's mum

The mum of Aston Villa’s Gabby Agbonlahor opened her heart about his alleged drink and laughing gas binge, saying “I always knew he’d go off the rails - but I still love him.”

Tina Burgess BACKED the club for suspending her estranged son, 29, after his reported antics in a London hotel last Saturday, the day his side was relegated.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/gabby-agbonlahors-mum-always-knew-11228868

Full story ^

Tina, 55, also revealed how she recently received life saving brain - and still hopes for a reconciliation with the former England international.

LOL - I bet Gabby could do with life-saving brain too! :D

• Like 1

Â