Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

33 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Same as Laursen/Mellberg/McGrath then?

least Gabby had the good grace to actually be dropped from the first team when he got up to his shenanigans :P

8 minutes ago, Duck said:

I'll breath easy then. **** me what an odd few days it's been

It's almost beyond belief what's going on. Just when you think our season just cannot possibly get any worse something happens. I don't think it has finished yet either, I think there is much worse news to come.........

Nearly 500 are set to be axed at Aston Villa after staff were told a third of the workforce had to go. Staff at the crisis-hit club were told today that a huge 33 per cent of nearly 1,600 employees would be made redundant as part of a restructure. The cuts will include full-time, part-time and matchday staff. The move is a bitter pill to swallow for some of the lower-earning staff at Villa and comes while club captain Gabby Agbonlahor continues to pick up his £50,000 a week wages while suspended......

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-aston-villa-axe-staggering-11210956

Edited by Gary Thomas

I would get him tested for every illegal substance under the sun. He might just be dumb enough to do something and get caught

I would also assume that his special fitness regime MUST state no alcohol surely,  alcohol is packed full of calories.  You would therefore hope he has breached contract by neglecting his fitness regime. Maybe not enough to warrant termination but added to other things might help for a lower exit price. 

31 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I would say so yes. Mellberg was an above average to good defender in mostly awful teams, nothing more. Laursen had 1 1/2 seasons of exceptional play.

Gabby, despite his recent transgressions, lack of effort, weight gain, hopeless performances, lets not forget what he did. He scored lots of memorable winners in derby games, has been our joint longest serving Premier League player, until the last couple of years gave everything he had for the club he loved. For a team who never win anything any more, derby wins are pretty much as good as it gets so yeah he is definitely a Premier League Villa legend, but as I said, that is isnt saying that much.

If he sorts himself out in the summer and gets fit and trim then he could help us get promoted. Its a massive if but if he could do that then he would have come full circle and at least go out on positive note.

Mellberg was class. Described by Zlatan no less as the best Swedish defender ever. He could have played for a better club but liked it at Villa. Also the awful teams he played in included two seasons of finishing sixth. 

5 minutes ago, zapbranny said:

Not being facetious here but I must be missing something to not be as outraged as most.  Why is everyone so upset about this?  Is it that:

a) he was on the piss after we were relegated?  Is this not allowed, it's not like he is playing within next three days.  Would anyone have had a problem if we had won?  Would nobody else honestly want to do something to try and take your mind off it.

b ) he was taking nitrous oxide?  It's not a banned substance, I'd be much more upset if he was smoking cigarettes.  Is it proven to be detrimental to sporting performance?

c) that he has generally been poor this season and following his individual training plan he shouldn't have the temerity to be on the piss?

d) people are annoyed he is not worth £60k a week any more.

e) he doesn't act like a model pro I.e mellberg, Lauren, Milner etc.

f) you are angry that the club are relegated and want to take that anger on something halfway responsible.

for my mind I'm irritated by d & e, but these have been true for a while and I didn't really care whilst he was scoring.  If we were top 4 and he was scoring people wouldn't give a shit that he was out on a Saturday night.  is it reasonable to expect him to hide his face away because we are down. 

If I've missed something relevant please chip in. 

Note: I'm not defending him I'm just not as outraged by the Suns scoop as many seem to be.

Fully agree mate...this 'non story' is the least of our worries!  He is simply a dick for being caught. More worried about his fitness and form than a night out playing silly buggers.

11 minutes ago, zapbranny said:

Not being facetious here but I must be missing something to not be as outraged as most.  Why is everyone so upset about this?  Is it that:

a) he was on the piss after we were relegated?  Is this not allowed, it's not like he is playing within next three days.  Would anyone have had a problem if we had won?  Would nobody else honestly want to do something to try and take your mind off it.

b ) he was taking nitrous oxide?  It's not a banned substance, I'd be much more upset if he was smoking cigarettes.  Is it proven to be detrimental to sporting performance?

c) that he has generally been poor this season and following his individual training plan he shouldn't have the temerity to be on the piss?

d) people are annoyed he is not worth £60k a week any more.

e) he doesn't act like a model pro I.e mellberg, Lauren, Milner etc.

f) you are angry that the club are relegated and want to take that anger on something halfway responsible.

for my mind I'm irritated by d & e, but these have been true for a while and I didn't really care whilst he was scoring.  If we were top 4 and he was scoring people wouldn't give a shit that he was out on a Saturday night.  is it reasonable to expect him to hide his face away because we are down. 

If I've missed something relevant please chip in. 

Note: I'm not defending him I'm just not as outraged by the Suns scoop as many seem to be.

a) He's on a fitness regime because 33 games into the season, as the club captain, he's too unfit to be in the team. Yet here he is out on the piss. The fact we were relegated isn't "not allowed" but it's a bit silly for the club captain to be caught doing it while he's supposedly not fit enough to play

b ) Nobody really cares about that bit

c ) Yes, this is quite a big part of it

d ) he has never been worth 60k a week, even when he was good. But that's not why people are outraged on this occasion.

e ) Players don't have to be model pros. The club captain, having already been in trouble a couple of times this season, should probably at least try to

f ) no

500 jobs to go at Villa but don't worry Gabby keeps his despite being a complete and utter clearing in the woods and some say life is fair....

Boohoo you and Lescott have had a hard season.... people are losing their livelyhoods because of your inability to lose a few pounds and do your **** job

He's had more internal investigations this season than he has scored goals!

Get him out this football club

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

Must be fake. No way can he spell mirror

I have no way of knowing if it's fake or not, however Gabby for the record please don't even bother trying- we just don't want you too anymore. Just go please!

2 hours ago, Duck said:

"Look in the mirror, you couldn't do what we do and put up with what we put up with"

Actually gabby I think I could do your job better than you could. As said before, anyone on here would love the privilege to put on the shirt in a game. LET ALONE the adsurd amount of money you take home for "doing what you do".

Granted you and your buddies take some stick, but if you all did your job properly and showed SOME effort you wouldn't have as many critics. 

Stop talking. Start putting some effort into actually playing football rather than getting off your face and taking bloody holidays instead of trying to win us matches.

Seriously hope that Instagram apology isn't legit or im going to burst my skull in anger

Here here! Agree whole heartedly 

Why oh why oh why did we give him a new contract. Surely ther must be more than 1 person who made it happens. I can imagine 1 person being a complete tw@t and thinking it's a good idea but surely put more than 1 lunatic in a room and sanity wins through. Someone puts a kindly hand on Lamberts shoulder and says no paul

Yet another awful awful decision which has fcuked us over. Nob cheese heads

2 hours ago, R.Bear said:

I would say so yes. Mellberg was an above average to good defender in mostly awful teams, nothing more. Laursen had 1 1/2 seasons of exceptional play.

Gabby, despite his recent transgressions, lack of effort, weight gain, hopeless performances, lets not forget what he did. He scored lots of memorable winners in derby games, has been our joint longest serving Premier League player, until the last couple of years gave everything he had for the club he loved. For a team who never win anything any more, derby wins are pretty much as good as it gets so yeah he is definitely a Premier League Villa legend, but as I said, that is isnt saying that much.

If he sorts himself out in the summer and gets fit and trim then he could help us get promoted. Its a massive if but if he could do that then he would have come full circle and at least go out on positive note.

Your absolutely kidding yourself in a monumental fashion. Villa legend please, I would not have this in any type of context tbh with you. 

i am stunned that anyone would consider having him around next season. Time to end this sad state of affairs once and for all IMO 

34 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Your absolutely kidding yourself in a monumental fashion. Villa legend please, I would not have this in any type of context tbh with you. 

i am stunned that anyone would consider having him around next season. Time to end this sad state of affairs once and for all IMO 

Yes he has ruined any chances of being classed as a legend. 

58 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Absolutely. 

9 hours ago, villa89 said:

He had a legacy? I always viewed him as a decent premier league player who had a long service record at villa and that's it. I don't think there was ever any affection towards him from the fans or any sense that he reached his potential. He would have been remembered as a decent servant but instead he's now hated.

Think back to our best wins over the last 10 years, the derbies, winning at Old Trafford, winning at the Emirates, Anfield. Who scored the winning goals more often than not? When you stop short of winning trophies you tend to look at memorable victories in the league and cup.

Obviously in the last few years we've seen much less of that and now Gabby is sadly his own worst enemy and it's not going to get any better for him here.

Â