Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

He had a legacy? I always viewed him as a decent premier league player who had a long service record at villa and that's it. I don't think there was ever any affection towards him from the fans or any sense that he reached his potential. He would have been remembered as a decent servant but instead he's now hated.

Well what do you expect? Any top class or even decent players we have leave at this first opportunity. Gabby is as much a "Villa legend" as any other player from our Premier League era, whatever that's worth.

Yeah nothing should be said about his family, we are better than that. 

If it was possible to release him from his contract, would it mean having to pay his wages in full for the remainder of his contract? 

Because if it doesn't save the club any money, I'd be content to have him rot at home. Not even training with the kids-don't want his attitude inflicting itself on them. 

Use him as an example of how not to realise your potential-a cautionary tale for the youngsters. That's about as much use he is now.

• Like 2

Good point about the youngsters at the club. Gabbys attitude and lifestyle would be pretty poisonous if any of them came under his influence. If we can't sack him, I would simply come to a deal, pay him off. Expensive maybe, but worth it I think.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

If it was possible to release him from his contract, would it mean having to pay his wages in full for the remainder of his contract? 

By mutual consent if a compromise agreement had been reached.

If we just bin him, we'd be liable for the full amount. However, if we're able to prove gross misconduct or something similar..........

• Like 1

If we can't sack him, completely banish him. Make him report to training with the U15s (if he refuses, sack him), delete him from the website and just never acknowledge that he is or has ever been part of the club other than as an U15s emergency subsidiary back-up under-reserve.

I came so very close to applying for an in-house legal role at Aston Villa. Man if I had actually done it I'd be going through every clause of his contract with a fine-tooth comb and looking at cases as far back as English law goes to find a reason to sack him.

15 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Good point about the youngsters at the club. Gabbys attitude and lifestyle would be pretty poisonous if any of them came under his influence. If we can't sack him, I would simply come to a deal, pay him off. Expensive maybe, but worth it I think.

See: Mr Grealish

• Like 3

Thing that makes Gabbys situation and Grealish to a lesser extent worse is that they are supposed to be local lads and villa supporters instead they are just **** overpaid average leeches that don't give a shit happy to be pictured taking god knows what.

5 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Thing that makes Gabbys situation and Grealish to a lesser extent worse is that they are supposed to be local lads and villa supporters instead they are just **** overpaid average leeches that don't give a shit happy to be pictured taking god knows what.

Totally agree there are thousands of fans out there who would love to pull the shirt on and give 100% every week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ooh-Ah said:

I agree that he's almost certainly finished here but I'd be surprised if he didn't get another chance elsewhere, probably somewhere above his station again.

Oh yeah that's probably true. But all the better for us, means we're more likely to find some mug who's willing to buy him if we actively try to sell him

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

Well what do you expect? Any top class or even decent players we have leave at this first opportunity. Gabby is as much a "Villa legend" as any other player from our Premier League era, whatever that's worth.

Same as Laursen/Mellberg/McGrath then?

• Like 1

That's before 21:27 today, yet 21:27 yesterday was before the story was published, by nearly 2 hours. I call bullshit. 

**** shit stirrers.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

"Look in the mirror, you couldn't do what we do and put up with what we put up with"

Actually gabby I think I could do your job better than you could. As said before, anyone on here would love the privilege to put on the shirt in a game. LET ALONE the adsurd amount of money you take home for "doing what you do".

Granted you and your buddies take some stick, but if you all did your job properly and showed SOME effort you wouldn't have as many critics. 

Stop talking. Start putting some effort into actually playing football rather than getting off your face and taking bloody holidays instead of trying to win us matches.

Seriously hope that Instagram apology isn't legit or im going to burst my skull in anger

2 minutes ago, Duck said:

"Look in the mirror, you couldn't do what we do and put up with what we put up with"

Actually gabby I think I could do your job better than you could. As said before, anyone on here would love the privilege to put on the shirt in a game. LET ALONE the adsurd amount of money you take home for "doing what you do".

Granted you and your buddies take some stick, but if you all did your job properly and showed SOME effort you wouldn't have as many critics. 

Stop talking. Start putting some effort into actually playing football rather than getting off your face and taking bloody holidays instead of trying to win us matches.

Seriously hope that Instagram apology isn't legit or im going to burst my skull in anger

It's fake

21 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Same as Laursen/Mellberg/McGrath then?

I would say so yes. Mellberg was an above average to good defender in mostly awful teams, nothing more. Laursen had 1 1/2 seasons of exceptional play.

Gabby, despite his recent transgressions, lack of effort, weight gain, hopeless performances, lets not forget what he did. He scored lots of memorable winners in derby games, has been our joint longest serving Premier League player, until the last couple of years gave everything he had for the club he loved. For a team who never win anything any more, derby wins are pretty much as good as it gets so yeah he is definitely a Premier League Villa legend, but as I said, that is isnt saying that much.

If he sorts himself out in the summer and gets fit and trim then he could help us get promoted. Its a massive if but if he could do that then he would have come full circle and at least go out on positive note.

• Like 1

Â