Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I have a horrible feeling following Gestede's injury that on Monday morning Steve Hollis will wander into Garde's office, push Gabby in the general direction of his desk, say "make friends" and shut the door behind him, before strolling off, patting the chequebook in his breast pocket, and whispering the word "dynamic" to himself.

You got a like because it's funny and because it's true, rather than because I like the sentiment :D

That being said, and leaving 'new striker' to one side for a minute, I do think Gabby should be on the bench ahead of Sinclair. He would have been an option today; not a good one, obviously, but a one. I've pretty much given up on the possibility of him scoring goals for us at this point, but I've got to believe he still just about has it in him to win a penalty, and Olbiyun are exactly the sort of agricultural defending unit to trip a man who's gone past them. 

Nah, he's obviously not performing in training, get rid.

lets face it, Gabby has led a charmed life, I make no bones about the fact I think he is a waste of a squad place, and thought MON was mad giving him that bumper contract, I think he should have taken whatever offers were there and traded him up for a proper forward.

We have nothing to lose, dump him, make the point that his kind won't be tolerated, they are bleeding the club dry. Look at the money we have paid to the undeserving over the years, that's why we are going to be relegated: Agbonlahor, Nzogbia, Given, Beye.........

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I have a horrible feeling following Gestede's injury that on Monday morning Steve Hollis will wander into Garde's office, push Gabby in the general direction of his desk, say "make friends" and shut the door behind him, before strolling off, patting the chequebook in his breast pocket, and whispering the word "dynamic" to himself.

the thing is if used properly I think Gabby could be good off Gestede. He wins a lot of headers and doesnt have anybody reacting to it like Gabby used to do with Carew

9 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Gabby is shite

He suddenly hasn't become any better because he isn't playing and is not the answer to any of our problems

You are just jealous because you won't make it and he has, you sheep!

• Like 1

some of the abuse aimed at gabby isnt fully justified, for many years villa fans generally have wanted to see a long serving player in the ranks, a player from youth to retirement, and where most of us thought we could see that in gabby, the awful truth is that he is no longer the striker he once was, would he be better converting to a winger and asked just to keep whipping crosses in, or would he be better served playing elsewhere?

Â