Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Played brilliantly at WBA , shite tonight, explain that??

Did you watch the second half? He was complete gash. Does it all the **** time. Scores a goal then goes walkabout for two months. Completely useless for 2/3rds of the season for how long now.

Played brilliantly at WBA , shite tonight, explain that??

Haha, you serious? After 3 years of him being absolutely awful i have no explanation how he was so good 1st half v West Brom. 2nd half he was backto his usual woeful self.

Not far off an embarrasment to the club. Taking his 60k a week and making out he gives a shit. :crylaugh:

Oh here we go with the Gabby is shit and doesnt give a shit about the club scapegoat bollox. You all bloody make me laugh. Gabby has scored a shit load of important goals for us over his tenure, as well as vital assists and contributions. You all must have short memories or something, look elsewhere for excuses as to why we are so shit please.

• Like 1

One of those players who if they weren't playing at Villa people would have a much lower opinion of his ability. Limited striker/winger and worth nowhere near the £60K a week he is rumoured to be on but given how bad we are he's still probably one of our top 5 best players.

Oh here we go with the Gabby is shit and doesnt give a shit about the club scapegoat bollox. You all bloody make me laugh. Gabby has scored a shit load of important goals for us over his tenure, as well as vital assists and contributions. You all must have short memories or something, look elsewhere for excuses as to why we are so shit please.

You're making out like he was a 20-a-season striker. He never has and never will be.

What's he done over the last two and a half seasons exactly?

Like most fans I have soft spot for Gabby. But dear god I hope he is sold in the summer so that we can reinvest his wage on some better players. His wage is ridicolous when you consider his ability. No doubting he tries hard but he isnt up to it. He hasnt been the same since MON left.

A bit of info to share. Gabby is having a large house built on Roman Road in Little Aston having demolished the previous house so that suggests he will not be voluntarily moving away from Villa.

As for the boo boys on here lets not forget Gabby was played out of position by our esteemed former manager last season and was seemingly carrying an injury too so its no surprise that he was not scoring and looked poor.

He scored 16 goals in 46 games in the 2009-2010 season when he had service from Milner, Downing and Young in a fantastic midfield The following season he scored 5 in 31 and last season 6 from 36.

The last two seasons have not been great and he definitely has not been at his best but you have to factor in the muddled management, loss of key players and the general poor form of our midfield together with being played as a left winger plus his injuries

Gabby is not the brightest tool in the box but given the right formation and direction he can do a great job for us. I have a sneaking suspicion that Lamber will get the very best out of him. I also admire him because I think he is one probably the only player at the club who genuinely play for the badge.

bet he plays for the badge... with a house on Roman Rd.He stays with us because he would be found out any where else.

Look ... He is never a good example, because in terms of the real bad ones, he is not in that camp, but for a striker he does'nt score anywhere near enough.

He has slipped under the radar just like lil ole Lee Hendrie and they have mansions out of being very average prem players.

as for the excuses... I feel a bit of a typical "simon cowell" titter comin on.

Its examples like this why we are where we are.

Not that Gabby is noted or his aerial ability, but would he ever attack the ball like James Hanson.... never in a million years, but stands behind defenders in the box

Edited by TRO

You're making out like he was a 20-a-season striker. He never has and never will be.

What's he done over the last two and a half seasons exactly?

He will be next season when we are in the championship! Edited by kkr

Darius Vassell Mark 2

I remember having a bit of football debate about DV where my opposite( in the pub) was citing all the hard work that DV was getting in.... He works hard down the channels was his retort as though it was some sort of remark given to defend the complete footballer.

I'd want a bit more than works the channels for the huge sums these guys demand. Its the very bloody least you would expect for 60 k per week.

Its robbery with violence what some of them get for what they do.

This club needs to stop pussy footing around and start expecting/demanding some fulfilled performances and eradicate some of the parks football some are dishing up.

There is clear evidence to me of some alarming bad basic stuff that is being accepted every week .....its got to stop.

Edited by TRO

Again so frustrating... Started second half on fire and tore the right back a new arse hole.. So why did he then decide to stop playing wide and move into the middle, which meant all we could do us lump it up.. Stay out wide for Christ sake it's not hard!

Again so frustrating... Started second half on fire and tore the right back a new arse hole.. So why did he then decide to stop playing wide and move into the middle, which meant all we could do us lump it up.. Stay out wide for Christ sake it's not hard!

The manager told him too?

Agbonlahor and NZogbia must be our wingers in a 442. He doesnt score enough to be a striker. Leave Wiemann and Benteke upfront. Its so simple. Yet we persist with this stupid 5-3-2 formation. It doesnt help our defence.. and it feels like were playing with 10 men.

• Like 1

I think he's obviously limited and very frustrating in terms of consistency, but he has a role to play.

He's one of the few players that can hold up the ball well, get at the opponent with some pace, and track back as well. He's not a good footballer by any means, but it sure beats trotting out two wing backs.

Agbonlahor and NZogbia must be our wingers in a 442. He doesnt score enough to be a striker. Leave Wiemann and Benteke upfront. Its so simple. Yet we persist with this stupid 5-3-2 formation. It doesnt help our defence.. and it feels like were playing with 10 men.

gabby's not a winger. granted, he's not a goalscorer either, but he's DEFINITELY not a winger

N'Zogbia and Gabby are not wingers. N'zogbia has been playing very well as the attacking mid. He has been shit at left mid. 

Â