Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Just like to show my goalscoring table:http://www.tinyurl.com/avfcstrike

Shows he a good Vassell replacement

Interesting table.

Benteke hasn't played enough games for his stats to be meaningful so he shouldn't really be in your table yet. If he's still got a record of a goal every 2 games after 20 games, we will be cracking open the champagne!

Any reason why you mentioned Gabby alongside Vassell and didn't also reference JPA, who had exactly the same scoring ratio as Gabby? (And didn't spend long spells playing on the wing?)

The most depressing thing about your table is how many forwards have failed to score even 1 in 5 games when with Villa. People like Crouch and Phillips who scored loads of goals with other clubs somehow couldn't do it at Villa. It seems we have a general and longstanding problem of strikers failing to fire at Villa. It even seems to be affecting Bent now.

I did, and I'm contesting the view that he was the best of a bad bunch. To me the best players last season were Given and Petrov without a doubt.

I thought it was pretty clear I was talking about attackers only, given I said it, and my whole argument was based on attacking stats.

Interesting table.

Benteke hasn't played enough games for his stats to be meaningful so he shouldn't really be in your table yet. If he's still got a record of a goal every 2 games after 20 games, we will be cracking open the champagne!

Any reason why you mentioned Gabby alongside Vassell and didn't also reference JPA, who had exactly the same scoring ratio as Gabby? (And didn't spend long spells playing on the wing?)

think the main reason we don't score many goals, is because you can count the top class midfielders we've had for us on one hand. we don't attract sufficient quality in midfield to support any strikers.

The most depressing thing about your table is how many forwards have failed to score even 1 in 5 games when with Villa. People like Crouch and Phillips who scored loads of goals with other clubs somehow couldn't do it at Villa. It seems we have a general and longstanding problem of strikers failing to fire at Villa. It even seems to be affecting Bent now.

Saw on skysports him/Vlarr and a few others all celebrating at the final whistle. Like a group who are all together and know it was an important win and meant something to them all. Was good to see.

Yeah I saw that too. There's definitely a togetherness in the camp which is a far cry from last season where they just didn't look bothered.

Fair play to Gabby today. Needs to keep this run of form up.

Well, Gabby, I've said you should move on in the interests of you and the club. But I would bloody love it if you proved me wrong and got a hatful of goals this season.

Briny, we all want him to prove us wrong, thats exactly what we want him to do.

Bloody hell, if Gabby is doing Movember and his 'tache is that big after two and a half days then he is going to look like Merv Hughes before the month is out.

Â