Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great to see him back today. We have missed his direct running and all round work rate. He is unique in our squad in that he is able to get the ball and actually take players on. He is still a great out let for us and as well as going forward we have missed him defensively as he is great at tracking back and helping out the fullbacks.

He will start on Tuesday as I can see Lambert going with Benteke up top and Weimann and Gabby either side.

• Like 1

Great to see him back today. We have missed his direct running and all round work rate. He is unique in our squad in that he is able to get the ball and actually take players on. He is still a great out let for us and as well as going forward we have missed him defensively as he is great at tracking back and helping out the fullbacks.

He will start on Tuesday as I can see Lambert going with Benteke up top and Weimann and Gabby either side.

We looked far more incisive with Gabby, and what was pleasing was that he seemed to have more determination and desire than he's had for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the most frustrating players we have... I really wish he had a brain rather than just being a sprinter...he has been in the game long enough to know some things about football surely? With 15 to go, surely he could see Bradford were easily heading away every pumped ball into the box. As an experienced head he should've taken the initiative to pull wide, knowing that out of our strikers he is the quickest and the one who could cause most damage, even if this meant going against the managers wishes... Just hasn't the brains, ability or interest to do it though.

so many times the wrong side of his opposite number to receive a pass in crucial area's... his running is unintelligent and easily fizzles out in the second half. 1 goal in 17 games is a significant part of our problem.

just like Lee Hendrie in terms of mythical status... when you revere players like that its why we are where we are. Holds the ball up but with little effect and gets caught in possession. Only really showed anything playing for Mon, which was again sparse.

He should be playing on the shoulder of the last man, but rarely does, so his pace is lost.

Time to move him on.

Edited by TRO

He's infuriating. He gives the impression he'll make a run from the middle to out wide and then just doesn't move.

Clark had to practically force him out wide with a pass today. He just wants the ball to his chest these days and he hasn't got the touch to be successful at it.

Should be in the team every week. We need his strength, power and pace. He runs the channels well and can cause defenders problems, albeit on an inconsistant basis.

That's not me necessarily saying he's a great player, he isn't, its more of an indictment on a poor team. Who else we gonna play? Holman? Meh.

Â