Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I heard the exact same thing - they had a failing out in training, and he was dropped. It got a little physical I was told.

Reo-Coker style? 

Not sure how out of control it got, but they had a disagreement and it was physical in some respects I was told.

I wasn't going to post about it as I thought it was a bit of gossip, but when somebody else mentioned it I thought it was worth mentioning.

For what it's worth, the info came from a group of season ticket holders that sit behind the dougout, they were all talking about it after the game, and had heard something from the players.

Who knows really? Although KEA didn't make the bench either and it's been reported that a few had caught the bug.

The truth is out there.

Disgraceful from Gabbys point of view if true - Though I doubt it is.

What have you heard to suggest it was Gabbys fault?. I would like to point out that I'm not suggesting for one second that there is any truth to the rumour.

Disgraceful from Gabbys point of view if true - Though I doubt it is.

What have you heard to suggest it was Gabbys fault?. I would like to point out that I'm not suggesting for one second that there is any truth to the rumour.

Well I can only imagine it would happen because Gabby doesnt agree with Lamberts approach - in terms of playing position/bench etc. MM pointed to Gabby perhaps being a bit of a troublemaker in the Houllier days, and there were definitely rumours of him being unhappy with his position under Mcleish. That suggests that he could probably do the same with Lambert. If so, it would be a disgrace that it could be instigated - given Gabbys position/responsibility/wage.

They should all do as they are told and respect the managers decisions.

But as you say, and I agree, its probably not true.

I never said he was. 

The  fact that any player is/could be a denominator in falling out with the manager is a disgrace imo. 

Sure, disagreements are inevitable, but they should respect the manager. I think the vast majority of experienced players at Villa over the last 3 years have at times shown disrespect to the manager. That without doubt has not helped our cause and is why I have very little time for them.

Yea I can see that but to me it just looks more poor man management. The same as with Ireland I just hope that injuries don't skin us to the bare bones where Lambert has to ask these players to perform to keep us up.

Poor man management or not, for me, people go to work and should make themselves easy to manage imo. There shouldnt be a need for outstanding man management skills. For the job they have they should just turn up and get on with it.

Edited by Woodytom

Yea I can see that but to me it just looks more poor man management. The same as with Ireland I just hope that injuries don't skin us to the bare bones where Lambert has to ask these players to perform to keep us up.

Poor man management or not, for me, people go to work and should make themselves easy to manage imo. There shouldnt be a need for outstanding man management skills. For the job they have they should just turn up and get on with it.

Again I agree with you but we all know in football that's not how it works (sadly) man management is a big big part of a football managers job especially one that is just starting out. Edited by limvillian

Again I agree with you but we all know in football that's not how it works (sadly) man management is a big big part of a football managers job especially one that is just starting out.

Agreed, and this is the main reason why I dont have a lot of time for pro - footballers. I believe we as fans can influence it by not calling for managers to leave when they are clearly dealing with arseholes who arent doing their jobs that they are paid good money for. This is also why I don't agree with 'lording' them for pretty 'bog standard' behaviours.

I heard it's because Gabby got Lambert's wife preggers and she woe get rid on it. Honest! Doe yo be cheekin me.

its about the only thing he knows where to slot it in.

been a long time since he played as an out and out striker, all i know is that we look better when he plays as he causes defences problems.

he may not be a natural winger but he certainly can cross and he finishes well.

I think if we stay up a lot of players will benefit from a settled side, as long as half of them don't get sold regardless.

Again I agree with you but we all know in football that's not how it works (sadly) man management is a big big part of a football managers job especially one that is just starting out.

It's not how it works in ANY job. 

Man management ability and inspiring workers to work hard is an important part of every managers job. 

If a manager in an office is not very good at managing their staff the workers will take the piss, it is how human beings operate. Expecting footballs to behave better than the rest of us is naive at best. 

been a long time since he played as an out and out striker, all i know is that we look better when he plays as he causes defences problems.

he may not be a natural winger but he certainly can cross and he finishes well.

I agree with this. We look a far better side with him in it.

I don't see him as a centre forward anymore. I think his best positon is playing as a left or right sided midfielder/forward. His work rate is very good and he is happy to track back and get stuck in and he always looks a threat going forward. He also has a very good cross on him and links up well.

He has scored 70 goals for us in just over 250 league/cup starts at least half of which he would have played out wide. Not a bad record. Gabby will never be a prolific scorer but is still a very useful player for us.

Edited by markavfc40

Great. Rumours about a training ground bust up. That's really made my week. 

I would dismiss it out of hand, except, when you think about it...

Well, Lambert doesn't actually seem too good at getting experienced pros possibly with a bit of attitude playing for him, does he? 

Great. Rumours about a training ground bust up. That's really made my week. 

I would dismiss it out of hand, except, when you think about it...

Well, Lambert doesn't actually seem too good at getting experienced pros possibly with a bit of attitude playing for him, does he? 

pros don't have a bit of an attitude

Â